ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would modify your question slightly, if you don't mind.

What is common and what are the differences between targeted attack and residence targeted attack.

The common part is attack. Someone out there who wants to rape, kill and looks for an opportunity to attack, rape, kill.

The differnces are that in first case the opportunity arises in form of particular person(s). Then the attacker gets obsessed with that person, it is like an obsessive love but in reverse, they need to kill that person. The person is relevant. My perception is that the killer often tries to get close to the person prior the atrack, such as sralking, trying to engage them in a conversation, but I am confused on that part.

In case of residence targeted attack the opportinity arises in shape of 'easy to get to' property, as it is known to be left unlocked, there is a missing/broken ground floor window, vulnerable people inside, no man (easy to overcome females) etc. In this case, the perpetrator just goes in that easy entry area and kills whoever they could as many as they could. It is not necessary that killer knows the habitants of that property, at all, prior to attack.

It is really intersting topic. That was JMO
Thank you.

Re: The Release of Information to the Public in a High Profile Investigation

Let’s try to think of criminal investigations as if we are trying to plan a surprise birthday party. Our suspect is the birthday boy. We don’t want the word to get out and ruin everything. We keep it all to ourselves, as much as we can, but some people pick up bits and pieces as we go along. Then, someone who knows a little bit about it, leaks the information. We have just lost the element of surprise

retired NYPD gives his view on LE performance. Fairer view, imo

he's at circa 4mins in

' imo it's bad business to be telling the public anything that you're not 100% sure of..... ' ( explanation at the link)

' the less they tell the better' ( explanation at the link)

"this is a very complex case" ( he addresses issues of LE experience of Idaho State & forensic protocols. )

Hello all, new here after many years of lurking and having to get a new name and such. I’m with you all on the ups and downs of theories and the like, won’t rehash. I wanted to address Mr G’s interview with Martha on Fox yesterday . I think it’s in the last thread, and I haven’t figured out how to do all that again- I will learn. But I was wondering if the footprint info he was eluding to could have been a friend from home, not the ex bf? Wasn’t she just home for some period of time? He seemed to feel that someone should have responded to her that didn’t? Maybe she posted some things that Sat night he didn’t respond to or something or he’s one to say have a great day everyday but didn’t that Sunday? IDk, just a thought. Also, re the kitchen pics from DM, I don’t feel LE would pull those dishes out and singly place a spoon in a bowl and a cup etc like that for evidence collection. I think that’s how it was. I also wondered if that wasnt Kaylees boxes of stuff to take home. That would be crazy if that was how they collected evidence in one big heap. All my big fat opinion of course.

I hate asking this but where did KG get the $$$$$/financing for her expensive (?) new car.....

most students would have no money after 4 years of college and rent/food/etc. payments
(Snipped for focus)
I think it was written in KG's obit that she appreciated high-quality items and did the necessary work in order to buy them. She even had a F/T job while still in high school to fund those types of items and the same during college. She was very proud to have bought her new (second-hand) car with her hard-earned money. It could well be that her family helped her with college fees and rent etc. MOO

ETA: Quote from obit "She was a hard worker, always having a full-time job on top of her studies, even in high school." Kaylee Jade Goncalves, 21

Last edited:
Is there a news source that states any of the victims had dropped out of their sorority?

Or is this an assumption based on them moving into off campus housing? (which is VERY common for upperclassmen from fraternities/sororities to do)

EDIT: I see now the Fox News interview with the friend/sorority sister where she stated they dropped out last semester.

It’s strange that pretty much all other media still says they were members…….. who knows.
Per Pi Beta Phi Sorority member who say Maddie and Kaylee at Corner Club 11/12 late night, Maddie and Xana left Pi Beta Phi Sorority last Semester or around then.

I would modify your question slightly, if you don't mind.

What is common and what are the differences between targeted attack and residence targeted attack.

The common part is attack. Someone out there who wants to rape, kill and looks for an opportunity to attack, rape, kill.

The differnces are that in first case the opportunity arises in form of particular person(s). Then the attacker gets obsessed with that person, it is like an obsessive love but in reverse, they need to kill that person. The person is relevant. My perception is that the killer often tries to get close to the person prior the atrack, such as sralking, trying to engage them in a conversation, but I am confused on that part.

In case of residence targeted attack the opportinity arises in shape of 'easy to get to' property, as it is known to be left unlocked, there is a missing/broken ground floor window, vulnerable people inside, no man (easy to overcome females) etc. In this case, the perpetrator just goes in that easy entry area and kills whoever they could as many as they could. It is not necessary that killer knows the habitants of that property, at all, prior to attack.

It is really intersting topic. That was JMO

With the Nightstalker (Los Angeles), he targeted houses (and at least 1 condo) with ground floor windows of a certain type that are easily jimmied open. Nearly every home in the LA area had those windows if built in the early 60's up until the late 70's. We had them in our place. It was quite frightening. We were all urged to go buy dowling to put into the window channel. I went outside and easily opened the bathroom window on the ground floor (we slept upstairs). Went and got dowling.

It turns out that the doors in that same place were easy to open with a credit card, as well. I was upstairs with our baby one morning and thought my husband had come back for something, after leaving for work. So, I went downstairs in time to see a man rifling through our desk, near the front door, and he made a dash to escape as soon as he heard/saw me. Terrifying. A friend of mine discovered that while she was at work, a man was living in her condo (same type of door). When she installed a new kind of lock, he left a threatening note. She moved.

In my neighborhood, we had a series of middle-of-the-night home invasions, in which the perps (there were 2 men) kicked in the doors - all of the doors were wood framed and at least 40 years old. We changed it out for a metal frame with special screws and a metal door. We also installed a camera. Virtually every house that's been broken into in my neighborhood lacks a camera. Same for thefts from autos (we have one camera just on the driveway). Break-ins continue in our area, of course, s they do everywhere - but our house has characteristics that make it less likely to be targeted (also a cinder block wall instead of a wooden fence, and shrubbery that keeps any snooper from seeing where he'll land if he decides to try and vault that wall - he may be surprised). We get a foot chase through our neighborhood about once every year.

Meanwhile, the older couple across the street has had their house targeted on six different occasions, all of which occurred when they were away on an extended vacation in their RV. It's really obvious when their huge RV that's usually right in the front yard is gone. Everyone notices it (they are on a busy corner, also). So, we all believe it's someone local to us. They put in special fencing to protect some of the stuff (stolen from their backyard previously), but are not computer savvy and do not have cameras. Our cameras do not have the right angle to catch their house. I also believe they have been targeted in some other ways, due to the details of two of the burglaries.

There are lots of examples of this kind of thing.

It really is a complicated area of law, and so when people say that doesn't make sense - they're often right, because they're looking at it as a common sense issue to a specific circumstance. But we have legislation and, second to that, court interpretation and precedent to guide a very layered, complex, nuance interpretation. And issues often overlap. Regardless of political affiliation, most of us appreciate our right to privacy and protections, and it is very important to know what the rights are, regardless of where you live.
I am glad things have changed because when I was in college our rooms were searched during each break. and if anything was found that violated what you were allowed to have in your dorm then you were in trouble. I never knew that was illegal on behalf of the school.

I am guess that answer is embedded in facts known only to the police - who have several strands of evidence that could shed light on this question.

Did you read that page from the FBI manual that Nosome WSer graciously posted? - p. 41 - about what the word "targeted" means in this context?
No, I’m kind of new to WS And Couldn’t find p41 but I Am curious as to what the difference between Targeting person or person In the House, And Targeting A House In General, First How Do They know for certain, And if this is the case Couldn’t This then be explained Away As A random attack?… If You want to kill someone, Anyone! To me That’s probably a planned random killing, And if you have someone specific To me that’s a planned targeted attack, Just never heard Of someone targeting A specific House in general… But if you can repost the FBI explanation Cause I am curious And I wonder just how They can decipher An random house or A targeted House seems pretty vague answer for LE to give

I am glad things have changed because when I was in college our rooms were searched during each break. and if anything was found that violated what you were allowed to have in your dorm then you were in trouble. I never knew that was illegal on behalf of the school.

It's possible your school made you sign something permitting this kind of entry in your room, when you signed the contract for the room. It's probably still illegal, but would have been a sticky wicket if you agreed in advance to an entry into your room.

I graduated last year and we had room inspections twice a year, mainly over break. They would just look around the room for prohibited items in plain sight but weren’t allowed to open closets or drawers.

i find it hard to believe that the university could not invite LE to run a dog through the dorms. that makes zero sense
If it wasn't unconstitutional just what kind of dog would they use? One trained to sniff out explosives? one trained to sniff out dead bodies? one trained to sniff out drugs? one trained to follow clothing or personal item scent? one trained to follow blood trails?

Exactly! You are making my point for me.

I don't expect the police to have a superhero or Sherlock holmes working for them. They are normal every day people trying to solve a very complex puzzle.

It's our responsibility to protect ourselves. The police are an assistive service but the responsibility is on us. People need information and when they ask questions the police response has been "your just gonna have to trust that we have this under control" when it looks like they do not have it under control. They don't know the killers motive so they don't know who is and is not in danger. It's that false posturing by them that I am having a problem with.

"To serve and PROTECT"

Federal, State, and local municipalities have a duty to ensure citizens are safe. A public in fear and without safety isn't a prosperous one. A crime ridden town isn't a place many people will want to live. Economy will suffer, property values will be low which means services and infrastructure will be lacking.

I see a good amount of police presence where I live. Guess what? Not a lot of crime in this area. Doesn't mean something crazy can happen here, but there's a feeling of safety that keeps people here and appeals to people wanting to move here. And there's also a reason why there's a stepped up police presence around the Idaho campus...to protect the public from this monster and give peace of mind.

But I do agree, we do have a responsibility in all this. Lock your doors, install cameras, install motion sensor lights, get a firearm (if that's your thing), lock your bedroom door, install an alarm system.

Long winded reply I know, but LE does have a responsibility as a tax funded entity to ensure their communities are protected and safe.

'Augusta said he has since submitted two tips to police, and is considering a third based on his experience around Moscow and living at the home.'

good man
From your link:
“Augusta lived there with a handful of other people, all men at the time, who were a mix of students or employees at the University of Idaho or Washington State University, or workers at nearby businesses. Augusta lived there for six months and moved out in December 2019”
I wonder if the owner/management always put same sex people in these rooms? It is a bit unsettling to me to think that a 40 year old man might be living in a house with 20 year old coeds. It is almost set up like a rooming or boarding house with private bedrooms and shared kitchen, bathroom, and living area.
This was 3 years ago, so it may be different set up now.

IMO, Jeremy is somewhat enjoying his 15-minutes of fame. He's a law student, so one would think he would say nothing and hire a lawyer.
I don't understand why Jeremy is getting so much flak. The more he tries to defend himself the worse it gets. In my country hiring a lawyer is expensive! Not something a student would normally do, unless really really pressed. And a law student is still nonetheless a student. Or is it cheap to hire a lawyer in the US?

It wasn't my impression that Jeremy was enjoying the interview. It seemed that the interviewer was attempting to get information out of him on how busy the police station was or any other little titbit she could get. MOO JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon