ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to piggyback off of this reply because you made great points about lowering the risk of being caught.

My question is, if all of that type of planning happened, why use one of the messiest/riskiest weapon choices out there?

IMO: because the perp didn’t care. They just got lucky.

MOO
Agree but it’s also the most personal way to murder someone besides strangling them.

So, that begs the question: why did he choose the knife? What does it mean and represent to him? Out of the 1000 different ways to kill someone, he chose the messiest and most personal means for a killer… Yet, at this juncture, he seems to also have been at least organized and competent to evade detection for three weeks when everyone is probably looking at everyone else, so that also is a piece of the puzzle that involves a pretty high level of sophistication, IMO.

So, did he just get lucky? I don’t know. Maybe it’s a little bit of both… Or maybe not.

I think this is all very important questions and theories that are vital to understanding who did this and why which will hopefully lead to catching him so he doesn’t annihilate another house full of people.

When I was reading the previous thread last night, I believe a few people posted pictures at night looking into the lit house by media on Fox Digital: There was one picture that caught my attention and made me think exactly what you stated— The picture was of the lighted kitchen and the focus was the counter and kitchen sink area with bowls and dishes… What I also saw in the picture, was potting soil on the counter next to a small upright houseplant beneath the window, left of the sink.

I don’t know if that’s the same widow that has the hand print on it (let us hope that it’s his and he was careless enough to push up on a window to open it with his bare hands — because now that I think about it: it may have been difficult to get traction or a grip to push up the window from the outside with a glove on), but even though the kitchen area was in disarray, the dark black (which would mean the soil wasn’t there long enough to dry out and may have happened when he came in) soil was markedly noticeable next to the plant in front of the kitchen window.

I don’t know why an intruder of this nature would upright a plant that he possibly knocked over (maybe force of habit to clean as a reflex?) while crawling through a window to commit murder, but I think it’s a viable theory of entry, nonetheless.
I had the same thoughts when I saw that photo. I wondered if perhaps he came in through the kitchen window and left through the sliding door. Also wondered if perhaps a surviving roommate might have put the plant upright before discovering a victim. That is 100% me just wondering as there is no reported evidence indicating a surviving roommate visited the kitchen (edit to add: or directly discovered a victim for that matter).

Last edited:
So they’re seeing what it looks like in the dark… yikes. not sure I could go in there.
They are checking on the right night, the moon is almost exactly the percentage as it was that night, except waxing rather than waning.
I think there it is a possibility there were night lights in the house, or over the stove, or bathroom lights left on, only because that’s so common for houses to not be left completely dark.
However, I don’t know that.

that's a huge assumption, and if this was a well-planned crime, it can't be assumed at all. editing to add that the stairs to the first floor were pretty obvious from the second, too, iirc.

as for the other roommates, would you be chatting up about everything or would you be hiding, terrified, and heartbroken? somehow being the only living witnesses might put me off my game a bit, and the other students would just be gossip/rumor, not direct info.
Is that just me thinking that the manner how the other roommates disappeared may be because.they are protected witnesses? Perhaps they know/saw/heard something that happen prior the murders that may be important for the investigation and potentially conviction?

<modsnip - off limits> If the person who did it didn't kill the four students s/he will kill something again, at some point. Let me ask...
Are there other crimes like this one in the state or other states?
Why did one of the victims say she was being stalked? Is this fact? Do we have confirmation of this?
The lock changing was it the door of the girl said to be stalked?

I have other questions like why these four? Were the others targets too? Do they think this is a crime of opportunity? Anyone have thoughts yet? Are we allowed to discuss this kind of thing? I'm not talking about rumors or anything like that just trying to piece things together.
I’m not trying to be snotty or snarky at all— tone isn’t always obvious in written text…

To answer your questions: I’ll say for myself that I have been discussing theories about all of these things as well as the endless amounts of possibilities from likely to least likely about a specific kind of perpetrator who would do these specific types of murders since the first thread.

And this is just a suggestion and not in a mean way at all, maybe try to skim through the previous threads because all of this has been discussed but the facts remain that it’s basically all conjecture based on deductive reasoning from the information we’ve been given over the course of three weeks. :)

that's a huge assumption, and if this was a well-planned crime, it can't be assumed at all. editing to add that the stairs to the first floor were pretty obvious from the second, too, iirc.

as for the other roommates, would you be chatting up about everything or would you be hiding, terrified, and heartbroken? somehow being the only living witnesses might put me off my game a bit, and the other students would just be gossip/rumor, not direct info.
I have not been in the house so I do not know how obviously visible the stairs would have been. They also could have assumed they were basement stairs and not to a living space. And as far as students speaking up. One persons gossip is another person’s light bulb going off to solve a crime. The possibilities are literally endless because we know so little. jfif

I have not been in the house so I do not know how obviously visible the stairs would have been. They also could have assumed they were basement stairs and not to a living space. And as far as students speaking up. One persons gossip is another person’s light bulb going off to solve a crime. The possibilities are literally endless because we know so little. jfif
if you search, you'll find the floor plan and photos. the stairs are pretty obvious, but ymbr. I think it's a huge assumption regarding the first floor, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa