ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn’t exactly clear anyone, they said they believe they are not involved at this time. They qualify it every time.
I believe they are trying to control the narrative to stop online sleuths on unmoderated sites from blowing people’s lives apart before they have concrete answers. Jmo

I’ll say again. The police do not “clear” people. It’s a term used by the media and social media users. There is a saying “that the day that the pope left Rome he became a suspect“.

When I was reading the previous thread last night, I believe a few people posted pictures at night looking into the lit house by media on Fox Digital: There was one picture that caught my attention and made me think exactly what you stated— The picture was of the lighted kitchen and the focus was the counter and kitchen sink area with bowls and dishes… What I also saw in the picture, was potting soil on the counter next to a small upright houseplant beneath the window, left of the sink.

I don’t know if that’s the same widow that has the hand print on it (let us hope that it’s his and he was careless enough to push up on a window to open it with his bare hands — because now that I think about it: it may have been difficult to get traction or a grip to push up the window from the outside with a glove on), but even though the kitchen area was in disarray, the dark black (which would mean the soil wasn’t there long enough to dry out and may have happened when he came in) soil was markedly noticeable next to the plant in front of the kitchen window.

I don’t know why an intruder of this nature would upright a plant that he possibly knocked over (maybe force of habit to clean as a reflex?) while crawling through a window to commit murder, but I think it’s a viable theory of entry, nonetheless.
May be perp has OCD?
as soon as questioning becomes interrogation, the rights are read, and it does not have to be a formal interrogation. if people think expectation of privacy rights are tricky, the grey area between interview and interrogation becomes a master class for those adept at criminal law defense. and if LE fails to Mirandize at the appropriate point, all that evidence is wrapped into motion to supress and is lost. Yet another topic that's not quite so simple as what's seen on tv.

thank you for info

100% Slanda. this doesn't seem like luck. this seems like extreme planning, and a personal means of achieving his goal.

Based on what you think so far, do you think there will be another killing and will he make that bigger b/c of confidence from this one?
It really depends on what his motive was. If he planned to do this on a “random” target because they represented a “stand-in” for someone else, then of course there’s the potential for him cycle back through to killing to satiate his needs based on the reason(s) he decided to do this in the first place.

I agree with you that it was planned: and that can go a few ways. Meaning:

1. He specifically targeted one or more victims that represented something in his mind.

2. He could have “planned” out how to carry out and try and get away with this type of murder(s).

3. Depending on his level of intelligence and organization, he could have really scoped their lives out or just had some sort of well thought out idea that he decided to put in to action when either 1) He randomly met/saw his “perfect” victim(s) *This could have theoretically happened in hours* and/or, 2) Somehow had periphery/or personal knowledge of the victim(s) that he became obsessed with.

4. I think it’s sort of obvious at this point he came prepared and did a minute level of planning simply by bringing his own weapon.

5. It’s almost impossible to know why he did it without inside knowledge and details of the crime scene but his ultimate motivation should be known by them now at this point.

6. So, with that said, of course, as history and offenders usually begin to repeat themselves after they don’t get caught, it’s possible he’ll go on to try do something like this again depending on when/if his motivations begin to ramp back up again. — He could technically survive off this for a very long while before the need would arise again; or, he could be cycling rather quickly. It’s hard to tell, but it would only make sense if he tried again at some point if he fits the criterion for a serial murderer especially.

That’s the only thought I had. Clearly, they went on a mission tonight with as quickly they were in and out.
I wonder if they retrieved routers and network devices. If the whole home network had any kind of hub, the device logs IP information. I saw in some photos(sorry, can’t recall where)a screen with “no network connection” on it. Even Smart tvs s connect to devices on a shared network, data is collected and stored.

He said, and I quote: “Their means of death don’t match.” Lawrence clarified that he’s taking about M and K, which he is. Then Lawrence says back “M and K’s cause of death…it does not match based on the autopsy report.” Both parents answer in the affirmative. Steve says “doesn’t match.”

THEN Steve, who seems unable to contain himself any longer says “he doesn’t have to go up the steps! Let’s stop playing games…” Then he repeats “He doesn’t have to go up the steps. Their points of damage don’t match.”

I don’t understand what any of that means…but it is a must watch.
Possibly two different murderers?

I think he meant that he’s figuratively paid the price…raised his daughter, put her through college, now has to live through this…so has the right to say what he wants.
This is what I took from it. He was absolutely fired up to the point his wife had to tell him to calm down.

This is the type of parent who would do anything for his child and it’s incredible to witness.

He said, and I quote: “Their means of death don’t match.” Lawrence clarified that he’s taking about M and K, which he is. Then Lawrence says back “M and K’s cause of death…it does not match based on the autopsy report.” Both parents answer in the affirmative. Steve says “doesn’t match.”

THEN Steve, who seems unable to contain himself any longer says “he doesn’t have to go up the steps! Let’s stop playing games…” Then he repeats “He doesn’t have to go up the steps. Their points of damage don’t match.”

I want the family to get an attorney, a spokesperson, an advocate, to help them navigate this. I understand their pain and they know things. They are on the outside and no one is telling them anything. They cannot understand that with everyone leaving their DNA, and digital fingerprints everywhere, that we are 3 weeks out and LE has no POIs, keeps clearing people and still seem no closer to finding the killer of these kids. He is being asked to be silent and he just doesn’t understand what difference what he says makes. His kid is in an urn next to her best friend and he is so angry.

I agree. Just wanted to pose an alternative I hadn’t seen. It could explain the tire marks we’ve seen LE measuring, the possibility of there being two people (one possibility with a car waiting?) as well as policing thinking but not knowing if it was targeted.

MOO and just one of many of my theories
It really depends on what his motive was. If he planned to do this on a “random” target because they represented a “stand-in” for someone else, then of course there’s the potential for him cycle back through to killing to satiate his needs based on the reason(s) he decided to do this in the first place.

I agree with you that it was planned: and that can go a few ways. Meaning:

1. He specifically targeted one or more victims that represented something in his mind.

2. He could have “planned” out how to carry out and try and get away with this type of murder(s).

3. Depending on his level of intelligence and organization, he could have really scoped their lives out or just had some sort of well thought out idea that he decided to put in to action when either 1) He randomly met/saw his “perfect” victim(s) *This could have theoretically happened in hours* and/or, 2) Somehow had periphery/or personal knowledge of the victim(s) that he became obsessed with.

4. I think it’s sort of obvious at this point he came prepared and did a minute level of planning simply by bringing his own weapon.

5. It’s almost impossible to know why he did it without inside knowledge and details of the crime scene but his ultimate motivation should be known by them now at this point.

6. So, with that said, of course, as history and offenders usually begin to repeat themselves after they don’t get caught, it’s possible he’ll go on to try do something like this again depending on when/if his motivations begin to ramp back up again. — He could technically survive off this for a very long while before the need would arise again; or, he could be cycling rather quickly. It’s hard to tell, but it would only make sense if he tried again at some point if he fits the criterion for a serial murderer especially.
thank you! Excellent post! I vacillate between fixation on one woman and / or just wanting to commit this type of crime on a Ted-Buddy-like level or... I hope LE does have a read on his motivation.

100% agree. esp given the nature of this crime, the planning, etc.
Also agree that this wasn't some person who had previous contact and for some reason then decided to carry out an attack of epic proportions. This attack was perpetrated by a cold calculating killer with expertise you don't see with people who would normally be in contact (casual or otherwise) with the victims beforehand. Was this a first time kill for the perp? I doubt it. Just my intuition here.

So Re: the 911 call - one thought I've had (ASIDE FROM THE FACT I DON'T THINK SURVIVING ROOMMATES TRAUMA IS OUR BUSINESS TO HEAR), is that perhaps someone was missing when the downstairs girls woke up. And in the chaos of the call, there was a name disclosed of someone that wasn't there when they woke up. JMO but curious now that they have returned to the scene and a downstairs bedroom.
What's the likelihood that they are removing personal belongings for the downstairs roommates as opposed to evidence? Curious what everyone thinks. I had to take a break today and have committed to not reading everything to catch up, pending a break in the case, because I've been a bit too consumed. So I apologize if I'm being redundant.

He said, and I quote: “Their means of death don’t match.” Lawrence clarified that he’s talking about M and K, which he is. Then Lawrence says back “M and K’s cause of death…it does not match based on the autopsy report.” Both parents answer in the affirmative. Steve says “doesn’t match.”

Were they killed at room 2A, off the kitchen, then? If he did not have to go up stairs?

Escaping the same route makes sense if the perpetrator murdered the four without hiccup, ie, no loud commotion inside of the residence or any activity outside. He likely did leave via the screen gate; just the pictures of the investigators inspecting the windows and the random locking of one victim’s door (unless that’s yet another unfounded rumor) had me considering.
IMO, the killer went into kill, not injure or maim. He/she wanted those four particular people dead. He wanted it over and done with simply and easily. I still think the perp was only in the residence for five minutes or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member