ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the very end of the Brian Entin video from tonight, after the 3 officials go in the house and close the door, you can see several little pieces of red "evidence tape" on the left side of the door towards the top. I hadn't noticed that before. Potentially someone tried to push the door in? Hmmm
I think they’d have to mark any damage and follow up with property owner/tenants to rule out any involvement with the murders.

Agree but it’s also the most personal way to murder someone besides strangling them.

So, that begs the question: why did he choose the knife? What does it mean and represent to him? Out of the 1000 different ways to kill someone, he chose the messiest and most personal means for a killer… Yet, at this juncture, he seems to also have been at least organized and competent to evade detection for three weeks when everyone is probably looking at everyone else, so that also is a piece of the puzzle that involves a pretty high level of sophistication, IMO.

So, did he just get lucky? I don’t know. Maybe it’s a little bit of both… Or maybe not.

I think this is all very important questions and theories that are vital to understanding who did this and why which will hopefully lead to catching him so he doesn’t annihilate another house full of people.
100% Slanda. this doesn't seem like luck. this seems like extreme planning, and a personal means of achieving his goal.

Based on what you think so far, do you think there will be another killing and will he make that bigger b/c of confidence from this one?

Is that just me thinking that the manner how the other roommates disappeared may be because.they are protected witnesses? Perhaps they know/saw/heard something that happen prior the murders that may be important for the investigation and potentially conviction?
Agree. I would not say a peep to anyone.

If I were a survivor, I would be seriously petrified of a homicidal maniac coming to kill me if I talked or showed my face or even because I would be afraid they’d want to come back to find me to finish the job— I couldn’t imagine how terrifying it must be for them. — Plus I think LE has told them not to talk because they are witnesses and couldn’t talk about it even if they wanted to.

When I was reading the previous thread last night, I believe a few people posted pictures at night looking into the lit house by media on Fox Digital: There was one picture that caught my attention and made me think exactly what you stated— The picture was of the lighted kitchen and the focus was the counter and kitchen sink area with bowls and dishes… What I also saw in the picture, was potting soil on the counter next to a small upright houseplant beneath the window, left of the sink.

I don’t know if that’s the same widow that has the hand print on it (let us hope that it’s his and he was careless enough to push up on a window to open it with his bare hands — because now that I think about it: it may have been difficult to get traction or a grip to push up the window from the outside with a glove on), but even though the kitchen area was in disarray, the dark black (which would mean the soil wasn’t there long enough to dry out and may have happened when he came in) soil was markedly noticeable next to the plant in front of the kitchen window.

I don’t know why an intruder of this nature would upright a plant that he possibly knocked over (maybe force of habit to clean as a reflex?) while crawling through a window to commit murder, but I think it’s a viable theory of entry, nonetheless.
May be perp has OCD?

Agree but it’s also the most personal way to murder someone besides strangling them.

So, that begs the question: why did he choose the knife? What does it mean and represent to him? Out of the 1000 different ways to kill someone, he chose the messiest and most personal means for a killer… Yet, at this juncture, he seems to also have been at least organized and competent to evade detection for three weeks when everyone is probably looking at everyone else, so that also is a piece of the puzzle that involves a pretty high level of sophistication, IMO.

So, did he just get lucky? I don’t know. Maybe it’s a little bit of both… Or maybe not.

I think this is all very important questions and theories that are vital to understanding who did this and why which will hopefully lead to catching him so he doesn’t annihilate another house full of people.
JMOO, Possibly the perpetrator didn’t own a gun/knew if they bought a a gun
it could be traced back to them/didn’t know any thugs to buy a gun from. JMOO possibly this could have been a planned out, premeditated attack and the perp knew they couldn’t use a gun because the loud noise would draw attention to the house immediately and they wouldn’t be able to get away quick.

I’m intrigued that they did this on the first floor, three weeks later. I can’t imagine they hadn’t already checked these rooms out, even if there was no outward sign of the crime spilling over to these rooms.
I think Brian Entin meant to say second floor vs “downstairs.” He said he had to walk up the hill to to the back of the house to see them faintly between the blinds. doesn’t make sense he would need to walk up the hill to see ground floor left bedroom vs from his vantage point in his car parked out front where they were when officers went in. More likely he meant the bedroom off the kitchen many presume was vacant/ belonging to newly identified roommate. Hard to tell without video

I was very disappointed with Banfield here which was billed as a "get" for her show. However, now that the name of the mother of X is out, stay tuned to Twitter. I really hate seeing families of victims exploited on their worst days. MOO
I agree, however, I don’t think Banfield is doing anything different than other pretend reporters, you tubers and some MSM outlets are doing. Nancy Grace is notorious for sensationalism and exploitation. So is Gray Hughes. One must be very discerning on who they choose to listen to. IMO

I have not been in the house so I do not know how obviously visible the stairs would have been. They also could have assumed they were basement stairs and not to a living space. And as far as students speaking up. One persons gossip is another person’s light bulb going off to solve a crime. The possibilities are literally endless because we know so little. jfif
It seems like LE was using the survival of those two roommates as evidence that the attack was targeted, and I don't agree with that. For one thing, he might not have known they were down there. (So you could argue that their survival is evidence that the killer was unfamiliar with the house.) For another thing, if he had a specific target in mind, he might have just wanted to get out of there after killing his intended target. The other people might have been killed because they woke up and therefore posed a risk.

potentially, but then how do they get in, kill four people, and get out without leaving lots of evidence and blood everywhere? Based on what we know, it doesn't seem like this is a spur-of-the-moment crime. This seems like a pretty brazen calling card and the killer must have been pretty confident.
I agree. Just wanted to pose an alternative I hadn’t seen. It could explain the tire marks we’ve seen LE measuring, the possibility of there being two people (one possibility with a car waiting?) as well as policing thinking but not knowing if it was targeted.

MOO and just one of many of my theories.

I think Kaylee's dad said the wounds to maddie and kaylee don't match..
He said, and I quote: “Their means of death don’t match.” Lawrence clarified that he’s talking about M and K, which he is. Then Lawrence says back “M and K’s cause of death…it does not match based on the autopsy report.” Both parents answer in the affirmative. Steve says “doesn’t match.”

THEN Steve, who seems unable to contain himself any longer says “he doesn’t have to go up the steps! Let’s stop playing games…” Then he repeats “He doesn’t have to go up the steps. Their points of damage don’t match.”

I don’t understand what any of that means…but it is a must watch.

Last edited:
Yeah. I need to rewatch this interview as well. I also believe he said the killer didn’t have to go up the stairs, although I think he’s referencing point of entry, as opposed to any targeted individuals.
It has been said multiple times that the same weapon was used to do the killings. So how do the wounds not match? Does he mean one set of wounds were simply and the other set very severe showing anger towards one person?

He said, and I quote: “Their means of death don’t match.” Lawrence clarified that he’s taking about M and K, which he is. Then Lawrence says back “M and K’s cause of death…it does not match based on the autopsy report.” Both parents answer in the affirmative. Steve says “doesn’t match.”

THEN Steve, who seems unable to contain himself any longer says “he doesn’t have to go up the steps! Let’s stop playing games…” Then he repeats “He doesn’t have to go up the steps. Their points of damage don’t match.”

I don’t understand what any of that means…but it is a must watch.

Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members