ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than there is no arrest, There is no way for SG to know if the investigation is going well or not. He is a grieving father and knows very little about how investigations work. <modsnip>
While I agree, I also couldn’t imagine lacking such empathy that I’d outright tell a grieving father to sit down and stay quiet about the murder of his daughter. JMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this mean that the funeral director or one of his employees discussed the wounds with Steve...maybe not just of his daughter, but of the other victims, too. Also, the placement of the wounds.

I don't know exactly what he is hinting at here. One victim had more wounds?

He says "They don't match." Not to be too graphic, but maybe some were stab wounds and others were slash wounds?
or one was also strangled.

If it has zero validity and isn''t evidence, then they should be able to talk to whomever the hell they want and say whatever the hell they want and whenever the hell they want, and not be continually admonished by officials who have given them 3 weeks of exactly zilch.

My opinion.
Never said they couldn't comment. I'm sure they're extremely frustrated. Who said they have been admonished by LE? LE is required to keep certain facts close to the vest...like it or not.

I kind of have mixed feelings regarding SG's talking to the media. The man is just trying to keep this story in the limelight so it doesn't go cold in the hope that the killer is found and is doing so while under extreme grief and pain. I would be doing the same thing if I were in that situation God forbid. Nobody really has any right to tell him otherwise in my opinion.

With that said, I do think he is causing more harm than good to the investigation. LE is probably being even less forthcoming with information to them as they normally would be due to the fact that they know he will talk and unfortunately could hinder things. That's just my opinion.

I do think they have some good ideas however that was mentioned tonight in the interview. I'd definitely keep working on the reward. I'd also go ahead and hire a private investigator. They need all the eyes on this thing that they can get and hiring an outside professional with a fresh perspective and hopefully one with a lot of talent could break the case.

"He doesn't have to go up the steps" is said multiple times and it makes me zone in on that comment even more.

Could he possibly be implying that the killer(s) did indeed enter on the 2nd floor, and that they didn't have to go to the 3rd floor to cause harm, so why would their "points of damage" different on the 3rd floor? ( M & K ) - unless one was "targeted" more than the other?

Edit to add: Or to conflict some of what I said "he doesn't have to go up the steps" could also imply that neither M or K was the target - so as usual with this case my head is just going in circles.
Maybe one person of each couple is the target?

The only people with a professional responsibility to protect the integrity of the investigation, are the investigators and the prosecutor. Part of achieving that is communicating with the parents. Of course, feeling like they are being left out is going to cause these parents to feel alienated and anxious. imo.

The new interview with KG parents speaks volumes. They have been so outspoken and Kaylees dad has spent more time on the ground then any of the other parents asking questions. Why hasn't he been more outspoken about where Xana and Ethan were that night?
In the interview he clearly stated he didn't want to speak for the other victims/families.

I feel SG is a deeply grieving Father who has to stay busy to handle his grief! The only way he knows to deal with this is to speak out! He wants to know what happened and by who! I feel for all these families living this horrific nightmare! I honestly believe LE is on top of it! It takes time to reconstruct crimes and to separate all the types of DNA! I believe Google Earth/GPS is what may crack this case!

This interview is just wow…. I’m speechless.
I'm not gonna watch, but shouldn't the press be more mindful?
Is this story a "cash cow"?

LJ is younger than my kids! (He's only 29) Yikes! I don't know if LJ has the maturity to sustain a long term assignment with victims in this type of situation. He's not an attorney or a victim's advocate. He's a political commentator. There really is nothing in his background that has prepared him to speak at length with grieving parents who have recently lost their children to violent homicide.

Hannibal Lecter: First principles, Clarice: simplicity. Read Marcus Aurelius, “Of each particular thing, ask: What is it in itself? What is its nature?” What does he do, this man you seek?
Clarice Starling: He kills women.
Hannibal Lecter: No, that is incidental. What is the first and principal thing he does, what needs does he serve by killing?
Clarice Starling: Anger, social acceptance, and, uh, sexual frustration …
Hannibal Lecter: No, he covets. That’s his nature. And how do we begin to covet, Clarice? Do we seek out things to covet? Make an effort to answer, now.
Clarice Starling: No. We just …
Hannibal Lecter: No. We begin by coveting what we see every day.​
Check the class rosters.

Last edited:
Good points! What if when (allegedly) one of the 1st floor roommates heard a noise upstairs & scrambled into the other 1st floor’s room and **locked** the door. This lock really was a deterrent. And the killer may have been tired by this point and didn’t have the energy to break the locked door down.
However, the killer may have come down to the 1st floor **empty bedroom** & shed some blood or DNA around? Maybe that’s what LE was gathering and that room hadn’t really been a big focus before?
wouldn't they have called 911 if they were that scared?

I think SG''s pain and frustration stems froms his belief that LE has said that someone isn't a POI that he believes is the perp from his "behavior" [his word last week].
And that troubllng behavior was seen on a certain video.
I applaud his actions completely.
MOO.
I also think SG is a good person and grieves for the other 3 young people and their families as he seems to believe his daughter was the target.

I also think he's frustrated in his fear that this person is known to LE and is free to do that to other people. Though I think LE is tailing him tightly. MOO.

So LE should sabotage their investigation to make people happy?
Exactly….you are making a key point! If LE is interviewing suspects and the FBI is checking alibis, *words matter*. Alibis matter. Key pieces of the crime scene matter that only the perp & LE would know. Perpetrators slip up upon RE-interviews with the Investigators that have been doing this a long time.

Don’t let it leak out where the girls bodies were found (“together in the same bed”) or that the “means of death” were different. The family needs Crisis Counseling but they don’t need to compromise a critical & active investigation.
Most of us here have been studying crime cases for a long time & know how critical this is. It has nothing to due with a lack of empathy for the family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member