ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if it could have been say, a member of the Latin Kings or similar, who was at either the bar or the frat house, and was rejected and had his ego crushed? I say this because they are known to be quick-tempered and violent if offended and/or their turf is crossed, and the kind of violence displayed here is indicative of someone like that (or a serial killer). I can't think of someone who is otherwise 'normal' losing his chit in a one-off crime of this type and magnitude.

In my view, this was not perpetrated by someone who hasn't yet had the kind of life experience to be so sadistic and depraved. I am not thinking a college kid, even if troubled, could have such developmental outliers at this point in his life. Not impossible, but unlikely.

My opinion.
This isn't a large city full of gang members. This is a college town with the last murder happening in 2015.

This isn't a large city full of gang members. This is a college town with the last murder happening in 2015.

Wherever there is a college market, there are gang members. They aren't necessarily meeting at a clubhouse or anything, but they are certainly dispatched, live in the community, and often blend in as much as possible.

My opinion.

I would imagine that the PI will probably investigate and clear people just like LE has. I doubt LE will provide him much access to their investigative info, but the PI can find out what food truck hoodie guy's alibi is and give SG and his family some faith that they truly aren't suspects.

TBH, if I were in SG's shoes, I also would want to know what sort of alibi a lot of these people have. I feel bad for the food truck guy, and I don't think SG intended to reignite crazy rumors.

Hopefully whoever he hires will also help advise him as to what information to share with the public and how to share it. He needs help, and I hope he finds it.
I thought he already hired one. Didn't he?

My thoughts on perp already being in the home. Video has the girls arriving home at 156 that night, phone records show K and M making phones calls to K's ex bf around 250. Per p would have been waiting in the house for over an hour, may have been waiting in girls room it may have taken them an hour to get to bed in their room after arriving home and then attacking, very risky.

I thought he already hired one. Didn't he?

IDK, I just plugged back into this case after a 36 hour break. Whether he has hired one or is going to hire one, I hope he gets a really good, reputable, and honest one.

I worry he and his family are so overcome with grief and desperation that they are ripe to be taken advantage of...

seems a bit early to have a PI and I've never trusted PIs they're a bit of gritters scammers get paid a lot to do nothing really I mean we're not looking for an old high school friend we're in the middle of a homicide of four people a PI can't do anything but talk to people that im sure FBI state police have already done and are still doing forensics takes time its a party house so many fingerprints and DNA it's already going to take a bit to sort out that mess. The dad shouldn't be talking about details so much don't think it's helping them might trigger the suspect to cover his track's and cause the internet rumor mill to intensify ruining innocent peoples lives and have his picture and address put out.
BBM. That's quite the sweeping generalisation.

My thoughts on perp already being in the home. Video has the girls arriving home at 156 that night, phone records show K and M making phones calls to K's ex bf around 250. Per p would have been waiting in the house for over an hour, may have been waiting in girls room it may have taken them an hour to get to bed in their room after arriving home and then attacking, very risky.
But what part of this crime wasn't risky?

I can't see any realistic scenario where the killer was waiting in the home. There are five residents of the home all coming and going at different times. If the killer wasn't intricately familiar with both the home layout and the routines of its inhabitants, he'd have no idea where to hide to ensure none of them saw or found him. Even if you wedge yourself in a closet or under a bed, there's still a chance someone sees you.

I have always assumed that he hid out in the woods surrounding the home and 'scouted' it from afar for a few hours. He knew how many people lived there and basically waited until he counted them all, then waited a bit longer for lights to go out and people to settle, then struck.

More thoughts. Anymore info on the police call at frat house yard that might. Any exact time police arrived or were called. May have correlation with K and M calling ex bf. Was he in the frat, would he have known what was going on over there and thats why they where calling. Where the sirens on and can they see the frat house from any windows on the second floor. So when did the calls start and end and when did police show up at frat house

I would imagine that the PI will probably investigate and clear people just like LE has. I doubt LE will provide him much access to their investigative info, but the PI can find out what food truck hoodie guy's alibi is and give SG and his family some faith that they truly aren't suspects.

TBH, if I were in SG's shoes, I also would want to know what sort of alibi a lot of these people have. I feel bad for the food truck guy, and I don't think SG intended to reignite crazy rumors.

Hopefully whoever he hires will also help advise him as to what information to share with the public and how to share it. He needs help, and I hope he finds it.
Bolded by me.

Perhaps in the form of a lawyer though, rather than a PI?.

Wherever there is a college market, there are gang members. They aren't necessarily meeting at a clubhouse or anything, but they are certainly dispatched, live in the community, and often blend in as much as possible.

My opinion.
June 11, 2021

''BOISE, Idaho — The U.S. Marshals Service and numerous Treasure Valley law enforcement agencies conducted a joint operation for less than two weeks that resulted in 91 arrests.
According to a statement released by the U.S. Marshals Service, police arrested 43 gang members of the Aryan Knights, a white supremacist prison gang founded in Idaho, Severely Violent Criminals, another gang formed in Idaho prisons, and the Surenos and Nortenos, which are both Hispanic street gangs.''

''Idaho

The high crime rates in Idaho are caused by gangs like S.V.C., Latin Kings, and Aryan Knights, who commit crimes throughout the state. Idaho has one of the highest violent case rates, with every city reporting thousands of robberies and assaults annually.''

''Recently, Idaho Falls reactivated its gang task force based on an upswing in gang-related activity. This will be a presentation by a member of the task force on the presence of gangs and gang activity in Idaho Falls.''

Last edited:
But what part of this crime wasn't risky?
I think the intent here is that hiding in the home is additional unnecessary risk. If you know the basic layout of the home which you could find online because it's residents were so active on SM and real estate sites gave you floor plans, you'd know the best entry and exit points.

If you had been to the home even once or knew someone who had, you'd know that the home was frequently not locked and the residents were pretty laissez-faire about who was allowed on premises - aka it was deemed a 'party house'. Entering the home while the residents were out and hoping you could hide until everyone was home and asleep adds a significant amount of unnecessary risk for a house that was very easy to access.

seems a bit early to have a PI and I've never trusted PIs they're a bit of gritters scammers get paid a lot to do nothing really I mean we're not looking for an old high school friend we're in the middle of a homicide of four people a PI can't do anything but talk to people that im sure FBI state police have already done and are still doing forensics takes time its a party house so many fingerprints and DNA it's already going to take a bit to sort out that mess. The dad shouldn't be talking about details so much don't think it's helping them might trigger the suspect to cover his track's and cause the internet rumor mill to intensify ruining innocent peoples lives and have his picture and address put out.
I respect your point of view but OTOH, what if it helps? Not all PIs are alike.

Right now tensions are running high between SG & LE. Something has to change and soon IMO.

It is good to have someone as passionate as SG as an advocate for solving this crime.

I hope LE reaches out to this determined father in a way that cools things down while still advancing the case.
JMHO

More thoughts. Anymore info on the police call at frat house yard that might. Any exact time police arrived or were called. May have correlation with K and M calling ex bf. Was he in the frat, would he have known what was going on over there and thats why they where calling. Where the sirens on and can they see the frat house from any windows on the second floor. So when did the calls start and end and when did police show up at frat house
The answers can be found here on MPD's website:

Just thinking aloud here so jmo but I wonder if the reason the two girls downstairs were spared wasn't because of locked doors but because the police literally arrived over the road (anyone know if there were lights and sirens).
Could this have disturbed the killer and forced them to flee?
It's spooky and sad that the police were literally just there as all this was happening.

I think we are looking at next year earliest that they name who they think did this. Unless the killer resurfaces and kills again before then. There is a mountain of evidence which LE is systematically and methodically going through bit by bit. And as long as killer doesn't strike again I think it will be a good decision.

JMO.

The right PI could help rebuild relationships with LE (but still will not be made aware of confidential investigative information). I choose to hope cooperation can still be achieved.

I am biased toward PIs in this instance — representing families in not-cold-cases — who do not seek media platforms to promote their PI services.

I fervently hope for justice and eventual peace for the victims’ loved ones, realizing their losses can not be made whole.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members