ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the house before: Yes, I absolutely agree with you there. May have only been once but when you combine that with the amount of publicly available info on the layout of the home, that's probably all it took.

In the house on the night of the murders before they occurred: No - I have never believed that and would be very surprised if that is the case.

It certainly is a unique house. Three stories. On an slope. Multiple sliding doors. I wonder if any of that played into why the killer chose it in the first place?

Even if LE were definitively doing a good job, I totally understand why SG can't accept not having answers to questions that LE can't provide to him. That is why I think him hiring a PI so he can rest easy on at least a few points in the investigation is a good thing.

If I were in SG's shoes, the less than professional public communications about this case would concern me too. I have given LE a lot of slack in their communications, but by now, three plus weeks in, I would expect them to have tightened up the way they're communicating and, at the very least, nipped the contradictory statements in the bud.

I'm not saying LE isn't doing a good job, just that I question how good of a job they're doing...

<respectfully snipped for focus>
JMO.

“Law Enforcement” in this case spans multiple organizations, including city, county, elected and appointed officials, regional offices, state police and federal entities (plus some level of coordination with similar entities in Washington State due to geography).

Consolidating and coordinating communications among all these disparate organizations is an ongoing challenge.

Despite early missteps, I am encouraged with recent LE communications — they have clearly established agreed-upon procedures for public communications.

It seems that one of SG’s concerns is that he’s no longer in direct communications with the principal investigators. I absolutely empathize with his frustration, but that aspect also accompanies a professional and consolidate communications approach.

I am confident there’s work behind the scenes to develop a mutually respectful and cooperative consultative process with the victims’ families that also protects the investigation … but that’s also going to be a work in progress and an effort taking place in the midst of terrible loss and tremendous grief for the families.

What works for one family may not for another family.

Improved communications doesn’t equal investigative prowess. That said: Improved strategic public communications can advance an investigation.

JMO.

Well, according to Google search there is no state-wide PI license required in Idaho. Maybe in some cases just a business licence. Or may be city license required, but I can't find an example of one.

I mention this because sometimes the threat of losing P I credentials might keep a damper on certain activities. Anyway I don't see how any PI could get legal access to open murder case data such as alibis of private American citizens.

Imo

Last edited:
This case just gets stranger and stranger with things. From the LE communication being all over the place, to the removal of the Zillow listings, and now Google maps doing the "blur" thing on a Street View picture from 2021? I can't recall such an odd investigation.
Google doesn't necessarily have to blur the photo the owner may have so they don't have any Looky-loos or to protect the value of the property by removing it from view. Anyone can blur their address I did mine the option is right there when you look at it on the map, however the blurring is permanent if you request it.

New interview on ABC 30 minutes ago with Idaho state police spokesman AS. He says what he always says- The picture investigators are creating of what occurred. Talks about looking for puzzle pieces. I think before the end of the year we may see a major information dump on the public asking for more help if they can't pinpoint someone before then.

Fair and I don't blame SG at all. He wants justice for his daughter. Same as any father would want. What I'm saying is that none of the other families have spoken out this vehemently about the case so either they are satisfied LE is doing everything they can, or there's another reason.

I'm saying we're focusing on the small minority here and ignoring the silent majority. Would it change anyone's mind if say MM's Dad gave an interview and praised LE and said the communication has met his expectations? What I'm getting at is we're taking one set of statements from one family member when there are many and applying blanket logic.
This confuses me. How can a silent majority be ignored? Or really even considered, frankly, since we have NO idea how the other families feel. They could feel the complete opposite. They could feel exactly the same. We only know that KG's family has been outspoken about their feelings/thoughts.

Just thinking aloud here so jmo but I wonder if the reason the two girls downstairs were spared wasn't because of locked doors but because the police literally arrived over the road (anyone know if there were lights and sirens).
Could this have disturbed the killer and forced them to flee?
It's spooky and sad that the police were literally just there as all this was happening.
That's a possibility.

Police always seem to blow their siren at least once here have their lights going here.

It announces their presence and prevents "surprise reactions" by those involved in minor and/or traffic infractions

This confuses me. How can a silent majority be ignored? Or really even considered, frankly, since we have NO idea how the other families feel. They could feel the complete opposite. They could feel exactly the same. We only know that KG's family has been outspoken about their feelings/thoughts.

The Moscow Police Department, which is working with the FBI and the state police, hasn't named a suspect or recovered the large fixed-blade knife they believe was used in the attack.

They told Laramie they don't have any leads, he said.

"They update us every day," he added. "We asked them to check in with us whether they have anything or not."

Devil's advocate POV here - how do we know that LE isn't doing a very good job and nothing they do or say will cool down SG. The only one who is speaking out this much and being this hypercritical is him. I haven't heard MM's parents speak out like this nor have EC's. Is it possible that majority should rule here and regardless of what they say or do, SG won't be satisfied?
Very possible! But I really don't think LE has tried. JMO! It's unusual to have a family member so aggressive in terms of laying out specific facts & questioning LE competence on MSM.

I've seen other families speak out in other cases but this case is one MSM is very eager to exploit (while that is both good & bad, I am not hypercritical of the media).

I don't think SG should or will shut up but I do think his expectations could be tempered with reality by a willingness to CHOOSE to see him as an advocate for justice rather than an interferer in the investigation.

I don't know more than anyone else. Just because LE generally would not welcome efforts like SG's does not mean in this case a partnership is not possible.

As to other parents speaking out, I would not expect much of that in this early stage of grief. Wading through grief is a hard slog & no doubt quite overwhelming at times for all suffering thru these losses.

As someone else posted: SG needs a hug.

I think each family has to do what's right for them...period. Unless we've walked in their shoes...I don't think it's fair to be critical. Would it be ok to criticize E's, X's and M's parents for not speaking up more? I don't think that's fair either

Last edited by a moderator:
Then I would want to see that video since the video that exists clearly shows him NOT following them after they get food.

OK. I'm overtired and recovering from the flu and apparently misunderstood this, but my point stands. He just wants to know that all of these people who have been cleared, not just food truck guy, have rock solid alibis. I would want to know that too...

We have a general timeline that the 4 victims arrived home sometime between 1:45-2:00. Do we have any information/timelines on what the 4 victims were doing earlier in the evening. Was there any pre-partying going on at the house (multiple people coming in and out) before they all went their separate ways for the night (Corner Club/Frat Party)? Also, we know when the 2 surviving roommates got home (around 1) but when did they leave (earlier in the day/the day before, etc.)

Fair and I don't blame SG at all. He wants justice for his daughter. Same as any father would want. What I'm saying is that none of the other families have spoken out this vehemently about the case so either they are satisfied LE is doing everything they can, or there's another reason.

I'm saying we're focusing on the small minority here and ignoring the silent majority. Would it change anyone's mind if say MM's Dad gave an interview and praised LE and said the communication has met his expectations? What I'm getting at is we're taking one set of statements from one family member when there are many and applying blanket logic.

My concern, based on my own experience of a compromised investigation, is that oversharing classified information and trying to inject himself into an investigation, could actually hinder the investigation or deny other families the justice they so badly need.

Could the killer have left the slider door open on the way in as way of easier access back out and less touch points? If they did go through slider door that is…they could've worn boot covers as well. Removed them after….or burned all their clothes, shoes etc. everything from head to toe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthernVintageMama