ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will insurance cover that loss in the US? I expect it only covers crime scene clean up and I can’t see the home owner just throwing away a couple of hundred grand (I have no idea how much the house is worth). Insurance would likely pay to redo floors, etc. if they are stained/contaminated.
I agree. And once LE releases the house, it’s up to the owner what to do with it. I know it’s managed by a property management company but someone owns it and (imo) likely has a mortgage on it. If that’s the case, the bank truly decides what to do with it, as the owner can’t raze it if it’s not paid off.

Does anyone have any links handy for reputable sources that have confirmed knowledge of X & E's generalized timeline? I'm having a hard time figuring out which ones I read were later changed or just inaccurate vs. the ones that are definitively accurate even if less specific...

I think the police were careful not to clear anyone at the food truck specifically by name or description. I think they are waiting to obtain dna from a public domain in my opinion. But I think the killer will be very careful and this may be a thing where it takes a long time to get his dna.

What? Is this bad journalism or now being released about the timeline? So midnight call to dad was a frat house now and not staying in watching a movie. So confusing...
Honestly, I assume X isn't the only college student to have lied about her evening activities at some point. I don't know where she was, but I haven't seen proof offered from LE that she was home watching a movie either.

I agree. And once LE releases the house, it’s up to the owner what to do with it. I know it’s managed by a property management company but someone owns it and (imo) likely has a mortgage on it. If that’s the case, the bank truly decides what to do with it, as the owner can’t raze it if it’s not paid off.
If it's like my state, it's not the house that has the mortgage, but the property that has the mortgage. You could tear down the house, build a new one, add some outbuildings doesn't matter. You still owe money on the property. The property is just worth more depending on the buildings/dwellings on it.

Will insurance cover that loss in the US? I expect it only covers crime scene clean up and I can’t see the home owner just throwing away a couple of hundred grand (I have no idea how much the house is worth). Insurance would likely pay to redo floors, etc. if they are stained/contaminated.
It’s a commercial property, I assume owner has loss of rents coverage, premises liability, and property coverage. Depends on if it’s actual cash value or replacement coverage. I imagine at some point the landlord will get dragged in. There will be lawsuits. Insurance carriers that cover student housing are usually pretty strict about life safety measures-no broken locks, fire extinguishers on premises, parking lot and sidewalks have to be decent so no slip and fall claims. But even if the landlord did everything right, this is not good for him or the Carrier, who will spend a ton of money defending itself against massive claims.

This is my day job. If it’s a standard policy, it will cover it. I’ve had claims involving murder and suicide clean up before. Even if it’s a non-standard policy that would have some kind of exclusion for homicide, I think most insurance companies would just pay it to avoid the negative publicity that they might get from denying it.

It’s a commercial property, I assume owner has loss of rents coverage, premises liability, and property coverage. Depends on if it’s actual cash value or replacement coverage. I imagine at some point the landlord will get dragged in. There will be lawsuits. Insurance carriers that cover student housing are usually pretty strict about life safety measures-no broken locks, fire extinguishers on premises, parking lot and sidewalks have to be decent so no slip and fall claims. But even if the landlord did everything right, this is not good for him or the Carrier, who will spend a ton of money defending itself against massive claims.
Oh boy, the property mgmnt company could be in hot water after reports the driveway door didn't code correctly.

I'm wondering about insurance as well. I'm expecting any day now to see LE start removing parts of the house for evidence. Floors, doors and door frames, drywall, plumbing, etc. That is going to leave some damage. Imo.

For those asking what will become of the house. There will most likely be lawsuites brought against the owner / corporation that owns it. Insurance will cover damage done and if the owner has a ryder could also cover lawsuite claims.
The home will probably be demolished and land sold by the defendants to recoup those losses.

How long will they keep the victim's vehicles? Right now they are out in the elements. I had thought that it may have been taking them awhile to remove them from the property because they were looking for indoor storage, but that wasn't the case.
I have seen vehicles kept through trial. Although I have no idea the intentions of LE in this case. Imo.

This is my day job. If it’s a standard policy, it will cover it. I’ve had claims involving murder and suicide clean up before. Even if it’s a non-standard policy that would have some kind of exclusion for homicide, I think most insurance companies would just pay it to avoid the negative publicity that they might get from denying it.
Great point, you should be a verified expert here :)

I am sorry if this was posted early on.
I googled the address and ai noticed what looks like a blue pickup parked backed in as if you would go to the house from the rear. Is this common to park here?
View attachment 385463View attachment 385463
Yes, that is parking for those buildings next to the crime scene house. If you look on the opposite side of that lot you can see more cars, slightly obscurred by shadows/foliage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shhhhtheresrabbits