ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I assume X isn't the only college student to have lied about her evening activities at some point. I don't know where she was, but I haven't seen proof offered from LE that she was home watching a movie either.
Why do you think that X lied about her whereabouts. How could she have?

I am sorry if this was posted early on.
I googled the address and ai noticed what looks like a blue pickup parked backed in as if you would go to the house from the rear. Is this common to park here?
View attachment 385463View attachment 385463
That is the parking lot associated with the Queen (Queens?) Apartments, the two building apt complex next door to the house where the murders occurred. I think it likely some residents choose to back into their parking spot to make it easier to leave the spot later (especially when there is snow/ice on the ground). If you look carefully, you can also see cars parked in the shadows of the trees on the opposite side of the lot.

What? Is this bad journalism or now being released about the timeline? So midnight call to dad was a frat house now and not staying in watching a movie. So confusing...
Xana’s dad has never said anything about them watching a movie.

If someone finds a link otherwise, I would love to see it since I’ve seen it referenced several times on these threads. And it not exactly clear if it was a phone call, text, FaceTime, etc with her dad. He just says he heard from her. And there is always the possibility that Xana may not have been telling her dad the truth about where she was when she communicated with him. This is an excerpt from the article where her dad references their conversation:

Xana is one of the victims of the brutal stabbing at the University of Idaho, leaving four college roommates dead on Sunday. “I heard from her I think before we went out,” Kernodle said. “I think midnight was the last time we heard from her and she was fine.”

<snip>

Kernodle is now struggling to understand how this could have happened. Why Xana? “They were just hanging out at home. Xana was just hanging out at home with her boyfriend,” he explained.

For those asking what will become of the house. There will most likely be lawsuites brought against the owner / corporation that owns it. Insurance will cover damage done and if the owner has a ryder could also cover lawsuite claims.
The home will probably be demolished and land sold by the defendants to recoup those losses.
I've seen a few comments about lawsuits against the home owner, but I don't understand the reason that there would be lawsuits.

What do you see as the reasons?

Public schools where mass murders are committed are almost routinely demolished nowadays. Someone mentioned Columbine wasn't, which, IMO, makes sense, because Columbine was America's cultural impetus for when mass shootings, especially those in schools, started to become a massive spiraling problem.

But public schools are largely funded by the community they serve, so it's easier to say "yes demolish it" when the people who pay for it resoundingly want that done.

Private properties, on the other hand, are a different story. Especially in cities where housing is expensive and/or in short supply. Plenty of private homes where gruesome murders occur don't get demolished. I think if they solve the murders in the next year or so, there's a better chance it will not be torn down. But if this is going to be more of a long haul investigation, I doubt anyone is going to want to live in that property anytime soon.

After seeing so many cases use home security video from houses even in safe neighborhoods, it's very surprising and frustrating that there doesn't appear to be that much useful footage in the neighborhood.
That doesn't surprise me, this is an area with primarily rental properties. The owners of the property collect the rent, and are not interested in upgrades for security purposes.

We have seen videos from Ring and other cameras in upscale areas, newer housing developments. One I remember clearly, was Chris Watts, and his neighbor across the street caught all of his movements on camera, Frederick, CO, newer development. Almost no rental property in the area.

Does anyone have any links handy for reputable sources that have confirmed knowledge of X & E's generalized timeline? I'm having a hard time figuring out which ones I read were later changed or just inaccurate vs. the ones that are definitively accurate even if less specific...
On the first page is a link to the official update for LE. I would suggest everyone go by that info and ignore the rest. Imo.

Do they actually study at these universities or do they just infiltrate them to recruit members?

I would say gangs like the Latin Kings likely just scan and infiltrate peripheral ties to the uni and then develop relationships. This would be like a popular bar or perhaps even an informal relationship with the local chapter of a fraternity. Almost mafia-like in how they operate and metastasize.

If militias, I could see them trying to infiltrate campus itself, look for the lone wolf and disillusioned types, and actively propagandize and recruit.

My opinion.

Last edited:
Hard to say but professional cleaners with biohazard experience will eventually clean up that whole house. If LE thinks it's done with the house and the landlord wants to try and rent it out (the latter seems way premature) the house will be cleaned. Wouldn't be surprised if the house ends up being razed. JMO.
Housing is expensive and materials are hard to get. The owner will I am sure rip out the carpet, maybe some drywall and replace, paint, and re-rent. I doubt they have a hard time getting new tenants.

Why do you think that X lied about her whereabouts. How could she have?
Her father said they communicated around midnight and he said she told him they were watching a movie. The police are still asking for info on her and E's whereabouts from 9 to 1:45, and they have not corroborated the father's story. That means she might not have been home at midnight watching a movie.

I know, they definitely do need to delve into all of them. And they have been making general statements about needing any info involving all of them since the beginning. But their verbiage has changed, as had their statement of need. They apparently have unsatisfactory gaps in X & E's timelines that, IMO, should have been stressed more specifically and more often before now.

It just makes me think that the evidence initially seemed to point to K & M being "targeted", but that hasn't produced any leads, so now more energy will be given to nailing down X & E's timeline, interactions, etc.

IDK. Just seems like they may be changing directions a bit.
I agree. It does seem like they are changing directions which makes me feel less confident in an arrest anytime soon. They didn’t really mention E or X in the beginning and focus seemed to be on K. Now that they have exhausted all leads with her, they seem to have turned their focus to E and X. And it is perplexing that they don’t have more info on their whereabouts by now. Surely their phones can paint a more detailed pic of their movements and who they communicated with. Jmo.

Also, not sure if it was ever answered, but how does LE know E and X arrived home at 1:45? Was there video evidence of them entering the home?

Hard to say but professional cleaners with biohazard experience will eventually clean up that whole house. If LE thinks it's done with the house and the landlord wants to try and rent it out (the latter seems way premature) the house will be cleaned. Wouldn't be surprised if the house ends up being razed. JMO.

Trying to figure out how to clean up the floor and wall that was so saturated with blood, it was leaking out to an exterior wall. I guess take out the drywall, maybe even studs in that area.

Gruesome.

Trying to figure out how to clean up the floor and wall that was so saturated with blood, it was leaking out to an exterior wall. I guess take out the drywall, maybe even studs in that area.

Gruesome.
There are people who are trained to clean up these scenes. And from experience, their services are pricey. Cannot imagine having that job.

I agree. It does seem like they are changing directions which makes me feel less confident in an arrest anytime soon. They didn’t really mention E or X in the beginning and focus seemed to be on K. Now that they have exhausted all leads with her, they seem to have turned their focus to E and X. And it is perplexing that they don’t have more info on their whereabouts by now. Surely their phones can paint a more detailed pic of their movements and who they communicated with. Jmo.

Also, not sure if it was ever answered, but how does LE know E and X arrived home at 1:45? Was there video evidence of them entering the home?

ATM, the 1:45PM X & E arrived home time seems to be the only thing I can find verifiable confirmation on. I think there's a lot of misprints, sloppy reporting, rumors being repeated, etc going around in the press. Especially in certain sources I personally think are more likely than others to haphazardly print something untrue or inaccurate and then not bother really correcting it.

Her father said they communicated around midnight and he said she told him they were watching a movie. The police are still asking for info on her and E's whereabouts from 9 to 1:45, and they have not corroborated the father's story. That means she might not have been home at midnight watching a movie.
Thanks for clarifying.

I've seen a few comments about lawsuits against the home owner, but I don't understand the reason that there would be lawsuits.

What do you see as the reasons?

JMO Possibly that some of the house’s doors and windows had faulty locking mechanisms that may have prevented this tragedy from happening in the first place if they were functioning correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenny0115