ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are probably correct. Now that I think about it, Google couldn't possibly keep up with all the high profile cases world wide. It is very likely that LE or a public servant somewhere asked for the location to be blurred. The address is still blurred even after the house has been razed.
Anyone can request their house be blurred in Google. You fill out a form. Once it is blurred, they will not change it back.

Whether it was a planned killing or a rage induced spree, either way stabbing a person who is moving, possibly trying to fight for their life, in darkness would be a lot harder than someone could plan for.

Sorry if I've missed this - has LE released whether the victims all died where they were found? Were any of the bodies dragged?
Do we know if the lights were off in the areas where each of the bodies were found? Is it possible that Ethan got up, left the bedroom and turned a light on to check out a commotion?

I am wondering if it is typical for the FBI to become involved in a murder so quickly. I know Moscow is a small town and the police force called in the State Police for backup, completely understand, as murder isn’t a regular crime here. I’m just wondering if the FBI was called in because they suspect a serial killer or the suspect lives across state lines.

Incredible amount of info and details. And your last paragraph is spot on. It’s already gone cold…and like the Delphi case will get icy (if) before anyone is apprehended.
This case is far from cold. I don't think the Delphi case was ever cold. Cold means every tip and evidence has been gone through and no new info is coming in. It usually takes years for a case to go cold. Imo.

I would agree if this was a single murder, but multiple murders in multiple locations? The killer may have raged against one victim, but then the rest turned into carry overs or thrill type of killings? Maybe all were thrill type killings? Raging against all four victims seems like a lot. But anything is possible.
I'm still.in the camp that considers it very skillful and needing strength. But we've been thru all that I know. I suspect when it finally leaks, that when the father said that K's wounds were different, it will.turn out to be some personalized sick overkill that is recognizable as different, very different from the others. But it's just a feeling.

I don't think people understand how strong a ribcage is, and how most ppl not used to butchering would have a tough time killing 4 ppl quickly. Poor kids.
Imo

I am wondering if it is typical for the FBI to become involved in a murder so quickly. I know Moscow is a small town and the police force called in the State Police for backup, completely understand, as murder isn’t a regular crime here. I’m just wondering if the FBI was called in because they suspect a serial killer or the suspect lives across state lines.
I don't think it's unusual for the FBI to come in that early, especially in towns/areas where LE does not have a lot of resources. JMO.

I live in Australia, so don't this location. Is it common for hunters to live here? Clearly, the perpetrator was very skilled in hunting knife use. Someone who blends in with the college town crowd, and is a skilled (and very confident) user of such knives. Would that be common in this location? There are probably dozens of possible perps, but the highly skilled use of the knife must surely set him apart (killing 4 adults with it - no mean feat).
Growing up and living in the Rockies, it seems there hunters all along the entire Rocky Mountain Range, from the north border to the south of the range. Except IME both colleges I have experience with students that were hunters are a minority. That said my husband is a hunter, previously avidly, and has a special knife he takes with him, but it's only for field dressing when necessary (along with a bone hack saw) and is A LOT smaller than the pictures of knives I see might have been used in this crime. Pictures I've seen are like the knife Sylvester Stallone used in Rambo, in my real life the very sharp knife my hunter uses here south of Idaho is 1/2 or 1/3 that size. And hunters don't kill with knives, just use them prepare the kill to transport home. I have a feeling the killer is deranged and not a hunter as hunters are much more compassionate to their kills. Imo of course.

The property is close to the street, open which may have been blurred by Google automation.

Although, authorities probably jumped on it to stop media pursuit, privacy.

#1122 #King #moscow

Looks like they’re trying to keep the media, YouTubers, and the curious public from getting in the way of their work while simultaneously trying to head off the rumors and speculation about what they are doing before it starts

City of Moscow Police

Starting Wednesday morning, December 7, 2022, and potentially into Thursday, Moscow Police Chief James Fry, along with members of the department, will collect and remove some of the victims’ personal belongings from the residence, which are no longer needed for the investigation, so that they can be returned to the families. The items will be loaded into a truck and transferred to a secure location until the families can collect the belongings. These arrangements were made in coordination with the families.

Anyone near the residence Wednesday morning is asked to keep roads clear. Movement of the items will be done as privately as possible in an effort to maintain respect for the victims and their families. We ask members of the media and community to be respectful of this process.

The house remains an active crime scene, and progress continues to be made in the investigation.

Moscow Police and investigative partners continue to work with the victim’s families on the investigation and ongoing developments.

It is common for the FBI to be called in to assist with their vast resources and not indicative of a certain type of crime or state lines. Imo

I am still struggling with:
The other two in the house did not hear bloody murder screams. I have heard screams of a person being raped outside quite a bit from the house. We raced out to help. My mother screamed and screamed when an intruder entered her bedroom. Both will haunt me. And then the dead students A bizzare sequence of events with that phone call and calling friends to the house prior to calling 911. Something does not add up. Especially as it appears that the 911 call was made on a surviving students phone but Police won’t say who called. Odd that you would borrow a phone to call 911.
I’ve heard that there wouldn’t necessarily be screams if they were sleeping. I’ve also heard that even if the person is awake, sometimes there just aren’t screams because the person is in shock.

The expectation of screaming makes me think of E and every theory that has him confronting the killer (I disagree with this theory!) — I’d think there would be possible screaming from him or X if that happened. And this would be screaming at the top of your lungs because you’re about to be murdered. Noise like this wouldn’t have been heard in this house before and I think the 1st floor girls would have heard this noise. But they (supposedly) heard nothing. So what are the chances E confronted the killer? Slim to none IMO

This case is far from cold. I don't think the Delphi case was ever cold. Cold means every tip and evidence has been gone through and no new info is coming in. It usually takes years for a case to go cold. Imo.
What makes a case “not cold”? Say for example: In 6 months time there are still tips coming in, but none have any significance to the case at all in terms of not relevant. The tips aren’t leading to an arrest being made, or identifying a suspect/POI? Nothing is moving the case along as such. Wouldn’t that mean it’s “cold”?
I don’t think it takes years, I think it can take just months for a case to be cold and stalled. IMO

Growing up and living in the Rockies, it seems there hunters all along the entire Rocky Mountain Range, from the north border to the south of the range. Except IME both colleges I have experience with students that were hunters are a minority. That said my husband is a hunter, previously avidly, and has a special knife he takes with him, but it's only for field dressing when necessary (along with a bone hack saw) and is A LOT smaller than the pictures of knives I see might have been used in this crime. Pictures I've seen are like the knife Sylvester Stallone used in Rambo, in my real life the very sharp knife my hunter uses here south of Idaho is 1/2 or 1/3 that size. And hunters don't kill with knives, just use them prepare the kill to transport home. I have a feeling the killer is deranged and not a hunter as hunters are much more compassionate to their kills. Imo of course.
Earlier someone posted that some bars have knife and or axe throwing competitions. Or maybe it wasn't in a bar. Do you know what kind of knife would be used, if they do have those events?

What makes a case “not cold”? Say for example: In 6 months time there are still tips coming in, but none have any significance to the case at all in terms of not relevant. The tips aren’t leading to an arrest being made, or identifying a suspect/POI? Nothing is moving the case along as such. Wouldn’t that mean it’s “cold”?
I don’t think it takes years, I think it can take just months for a case to be cold and stalled. IMO
My thought was it falling out of the news cycle as it seems news coverage could add some pressure to LE feels like it's going cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly