ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
still, this case would have been blown wide open by now.
Can you guys think of another high profile case where LE was looking for a car? I thought of the DC Sniper and how LE was looking for a Box Truck. Any others? I'd like to review how the other cases panned out. For DC Sniper - it was the wrong vehicle.

I wonder if they got some letters or numbers but couldn’t tell the state? Possibly due to blurry, obscured or damaged plate on video or if it’s an eye witness who just can’t remember it didn’t note it.
Well I guess what I mean is, the police were very specific in not disclosing ANY information about the license plate. For example, an ‘unknown license plate’ could be any one of the following:

no visible license plate; Idaho plate, but no visibly identifiable alpha-numeric characters; Idaho plate with partial alpha-numeric match; out of state plate with no visibly identifiable alpha-numeric characters; out of state plate with partial alpha-numeric match

The investigators, of course, know which category of ‘unknown license plate’ is applicable to the vehicle in question. So by not disclosing that info, it’s clear that they do not wish the public to have that info, otherwise they
would have disclosed it already.

Can you guys think of another high profile case where LE was looking for a car? I thought of the DC Sniper and how LE was looking for a Box Truck. Any others? I'd like to review how the other cases panned out. For DC Sniper - it was the wrong vehicle.
Not exactly the same, but much was made about the vehicles in the Northern BC murders case back in 2019. The 2 killers were initially declared as missing after their Dodge truck was found burned. Then they were found to be driving around in a victim's car, and it was later ditched. The vehicle descriptions were very accurate, but the timing of the announcements caused some issues. People saw them in that stolen car before they were announced as suspects and it didn't trigger the same response if people had known what to look for, though of course it required the detectives to also piece together that the two missing teens they were looking for were actually suspects in 3 murders. MOO

can't do polls on this thread but interested to know how many people think this was the killing sequence? We're unlikely to get the answer for a very long time ( Prosecution evidence at trial, if & when case gets to trial)

- M & K killed first, then E & X killed as per the clip? Hit the thumbs up /Like

-E & X killed first, then M & K killed next? Post a :(

I think I would gamble on getting in trouble for a crime I committed vs. becoming a suspect in a quadruple murder, but that’s just me, as a non-criminal!
yes, that's very logical.

unfortunately, IMO, there's another way to see this, one that's another option for the logic a drug dealer might apply to the situation. IMO I can see a drug dealer not wanting to reveal themselves because of future impact on their ability to do business in the greater Moscow area. IMO If the drug dealer were doing what I'd do (drive a mild-mannered Elantra and dress like an accountant), then the last thing they'd want to do is out themselves. IMO, smarter to remain silent. The same car is not enough to arrest for probable cause IMO. It's sure not enough to bring beyond a reasonable doubt IMO. So without any other evidence tying me to the crime - and I would know that there wouldn't be because I didn't do it - I can't just be accused of being a suspect in a quadruple murder IMO. So JMO, I sit quietly, let LE come to me, hit speed dial for my attorney, and walk that stuff back. JMO Devil's advocating here for the other side of the thought process. edited to add a missing S

Last edited:
can't do polls on this thread but interested to know how many people think this was the killing sequence? We're unlikely to get the answer for a very long time ( Prosecution evidence at trial, if & when case gets to trial)

- M & K killed first, then E & X killed as per the clip? Hit the thumbs up /Like

-E & X killed first, then M & K killed next? Post a :(

My logic JMO IF KG was the target, IMO she went last so he could spend special time and enjoy the fruits of his labor. If she or MG weren't the targets, my theory would change potentially, but for now, E & X first JMO

yes, that's very logical.

unfortunately, IMO, there's another way to ee this, one that's another option for the logic a drug dealer might apply to the situation. IMO I can see a drug dealer not wanting to reveal themselves because of future impact on their ability to do business in the greater Moscow area. IMO If the drug dealer were doing what I'd do (drive a mild-mannered Elantra and dress like an accountant), then the last thing they'd want to do is out themselves. IMO, smarter to remain silent. The same car is not enough to arrest for probable cause IMO. It's sure not enough to bring beyond a reasonable doubt IMO. So without any other evidence tying me to the crime - and I would know that there wouldn't be because I didn't do it - I can't just be accused of being a suspect in a quadruple murder IMO. So JMO, I sit quietly, let LE come to me, hit speed dial for my attorney, and walk that stuff back. JMO Devil's advocating here for the other side of the thought process.
Great counterpoint and one that seems very logical to me, rather than a college kid out buying a little party favor!

Quite similar IMO, and IMO we need to heed what they're telling us via these appearances in some cases. I said previously that IMO, LE would not just run screaming, arms flailing, yelling "OMG it's a serial killer!!!". But they did call in FBI BAU - 2 teams - right away, and while the FBI assistance is common, BAU is a different level IMO.

These murders happened over a month ago, and LE is just getting video from places like Troy and Kendrick. editing to add: this is not a criticism of LE AT ALL - Troy and Kendrick are not remotely logical unless LE has additional info, and so I suspect they do, imo, but jmo

A month's head start, if indeed the killer did go there. IMO-- I can think of reasons why he would. Now it wouldn't be as possible with all the snow, but the Latah Trail would be a carless option IMO. All of this is JMO

LE visited those places on November 30th.
We are just now hearing about it imo

Attachments

• 2C078F07-4225-487C-9E08-A66FAC854FFA.jpeg
    2C078F07-4225-487C-9E08-A66FAC854FFA.jpeg
    176.9 KB · Views: 20
Well I guess what I mean is, the police were very specific in not disclosing ANY information about the license plate. For example, an ‘unknown license plate’ could be any one of the following:

no visible license plate; Idaho plate, but no visibly identifiable alpha-numeric characters; Idaho plate with partial alpha-numeric match; out of state plate with no visibly identifiable alpha-numeric characters; out of state plate with partial alpha-numeric match

The investigators, of course, know which category of ‘unknown license plate’ is applicable to the vehicle in question. So by not disclosing that info, it’s clear that they do not wish the public to have that info, otherwise they
Also, I'd say the probability that there were no plates on the vehicle is very low. Driving around at 3 in the morning with a vehicle with no plates is asking for you to get pulled over by LE.

Wow! There is. You've got some amazing eyes. Did you report this video?

You are right. Teaching besutidul young girls street smarts can save their lives. Ironically these girls did travel in pairs, etc.
Street smarts is irrelevant. It sure didn't prevent this violence given that these 3 women were killed while safely in pairs, in their own homes.

…and considering that the killer(s) seemed to take great precaution, having driven around w. no license plate at 3:00 am seems highly unlikely; that is, unless he/they WANTED to get pulled over.

LE visited those places on November 30th.
We are just now hearing about it imo

oh, good! I missed the detail. Two weeks later is still a head start, and makes a difference in the weather, but still. JMO and my observations are still not a criticism of LE.

editing to add: JMO but if LE got the videos on 11.30 and asked for the public's help on 12.7

does that mean there was nothing helpful in the Troy/Kendrick videos and that's why the public's help is needed? dead end?

OR

does it imply the video confirmed what LE was thinking, and they want the info before the crime because they know the car was dumped in the Troy/Kendrick area, and the killer made his way out of there??

bolded because this is something I'm really wondering about and it might make some sense of less request imo and editing to add because only part of this comment was posted:

Is the Latah Trail a possible route back to Moscow for a real car? at that point in November, it might be. wondering about others' opinions.

Last edited:
r u sure you put a right video?
Yes, if you go to ktvb7 actual YouTube channel and find the video in their Idaho murders playlist it will allow you to slow down the video and zoom into the upper right corner. It is being debated if that is the Elantra returning to the crime scene. They also have another video posted same day on Nov 14th with a light colored Hyundai driving by at the .50sec mark.

…and considering that the killer(s) seemed to take great precaution, having driven around w. no license plate at 3:00 am seems highly unlikely; that is, unless he/they WANTED to get pulled over.
No evidence that the car has no license plate. The police didn't get a view of the plate that would allow them to view the digits.

I have always believed that the Killer went up that path to Walenta Drive. It provides the perfect seclusion and leads to a much more residential neighborhood away from the carousing and late night movement of the college scene. Initially I believed that the killer lived up in that area,went home, cleaned up, etc. However, having the car there for an escape makes sense. The killer is crazy, but not stupid. Has experience.

But the coroner has seen the wounds and spoken with the medical examiner. Is Joseph Scott Morgan directly involved with the case?
Joseph Scott Morgan said that a knife would cause either a stab or a slice wound. The coroner did not perform the autopsies and would likely not be familiar with the correct terminology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike