ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great counterpoint and one that seems very logical to me, rather than a college kid out buying a little party favor!
I was thinking about it more (because apparently, that long list of stuff I really need to do can wait) and drug deliveries make a lot of sense. IMO, by delivering, you don't have a gazillion people coming to you, many blown away already, getting stopped by LE for DUI and telling where they were going. You make sure your car is in good repair, you don't speed, and you're sure not using or drinking, so little chance of LE stopping you, and if they do, you can carry under the felony limits so smaller trips, and you can have a first car pick up the money, so money and drugs aren't together. JMO but it would make sense.

editing to clarify;
I do NOT think the victims were buying drugs -- omg no -- I was speaking in general. my comments re drugs were general ones based on a dealer having an Elantra that fit the description, not that the dealer was selling drugs to the victims. thank you @Counttrarian for making me aware.

Last edited:
Welp, just for the record I’m going to state that I’ve been following this case for a month, have dove into every piece of information available about the murders , the victims , etc. and….

I can confidently say that have zero theories about who did this or why.

Anyone else ?!?!
MOO Anyone who talks about being stalked and then is killed, is likely to been killed by the stalker.
Jayme Closs case, her stalker just saw her in a public setting and targeted her. This maybe same.

So Troy and Kendrick... what are they known for? Hiking, fishing?

Perhaps the perp was just driving to where he knew was rural, dark, quiet and with a water source possibly to clean up and dispose. Or maybe he's been hiking or fishing around there. Posters mentioned the Latah Trail, do Moscow people head out there for trail walks?
Did any of the victims grow up in that area or go to high school there? Or have ties to Troy or Kendrick area? Just wondering if this could be someone from their past . . .

I find it strange the way the Moscow Police have worded the info re: license plate on the sought after white 2011-2013 hyundai elantra: “unknown license plate”. Was it an Idaho plate or out of state? Or is that also unknown? They have not clarified that one way or the other.

Or license plate removed possibly?

Question? You mention that the coroner did not perform the autopsies. Do you know who did? How does Joseph Scott Morgan fit in? I CAN'T VERIFY but saw once briefly in a news clip that the coroner is an RN and an attorney. Did any one else see it? IMHO It seems that LE would prefer a Medical Examiner/MD/Pathologist for a case of this magnitude. Thank you. Like many of us, I have spent hours going through news, press releases, and social media and there has been quite a bit of conflicting and mixed information coming from all sources. I'm just trying to clarify.
This article addresses some of your questions.

so,

editing to add: JMO but if LE got the videos on 11.30 and asked for the public's help on 12.7

does that mean there was nothing helpful in the Troy/Kendrick videos and that's why the public's help is needed? dead end?
OR
does it imply the video confirmed what LE was thinking, and they want the info before the crime because they know the car was dumped in the Troy/Kendrick area, and the killer made his way out of there??

and does the Latah trail figure in at all? jmo imo just curious for others' opinions.
IMO, the car passed through these areas on its way to parts unknown. I think this is a stolen car, possibly from another state, which is why LE cannot figure out where it came from.

Two thoughts…
1.) I would think it’s very possible the killer borrowed someone’s car. Probably had access to his/her keys while the person was asleep. That late at night, the owner wouldn’t even realize it was borrowed. So the owner might be cleared, the car cleared, when in actuality it shouldn’t be. A plate is the only thing that would make a situation like this come to light.
2.) What would be a possible reason that an award has not been offered. There must be many people who have offered…business, family, etc. I find it hard to believe none of the four families have put up their own reward leading to information. I’m trying to understand how that could possibly hurt a case. There must be a strong reason for the family to not do so. It felt odd to hear about the scholarship one of the families has started, but not a reward. I’m not faulting the families at all. They’ve obviously been told no. But why?

IMO, the car passed through these areas on its way to parts unknown. I think this is a stolen car, possibly from another state, which is why LE cannot figure out where it came from.
if stolen - might eliminate locals-unless stolen nearby....also if stolen out state.....opens can worms ...If stolen anywhere.... increases odds caught due to 2 crimes to look for a mistake.? imo

Last edited:
I was thinking about it more (because apparently, that long list of stuff I really need to do can wait) and drug deliveries make a lot of sense. IMO, by delivering, you don't have a gazillion people coming to you, many blown away already, getting stopped by LE for DUI and telling where they were going. You make sure your car is in good repair, you don't speed, and you're sure not using or drinking, so little chance of LE stopping you, and if they do, you can carry under the felony limits so smaller trips, and you can have a first car pick up the money, so money and drugs aren't together. JMO but it would make sense.
IMHO the odds of he Elantra being used for a drug delivery are not that high due to a couple of things I mentioned in an earlier post.
1. They have a record of communications from the victims and it would be pretty easy to contact those on them during the times in question.
2. More importantly unless the victims (not implying they bought any drugs!) were the only persons who purchased drugs from that particular delivery service, there would be others that night that would tip LE.
In most college towns there are a couple of known hookups and numbers are shared among a select group, it's not like the dealer uses as different vehicle for each sale.

Ok that last part implies something makes LE think Murphy may not have been in that room while the murders were committed but placed there afterwards. He could have been let out at some point before the murders even or by tge killer and then when the killer was done he let him back in and put him in the empty bedroom.
IMO the killer was way too busy to be dealing with the dog, especially when they were done, likely had blood on them and were eager to leave the scene. If the dog had been in the room with K and M, chances are that it would have been killed as well.

Regarding the video footage from the Moscow Mobil station, has it been determined if the white car really was traveling west on White Ave before turning onto a side street as reported by the Daily Mail? If the camera was positioned on the NE side of the Mobil, it could have caught the car traveling westbound on White and turning onto the closest side street, Hanson Ave. On Google Maps street view there's a white Hyundai parked in a driveway on Hanson. Perhaps this was the vehicle caught on the Mobil footage?

Do you still think he's on drugs?

I really do think so. This was brazen and reckless, so it’s someone with a tremendous amount of rage, or someone on a substance. Maybe both.

I’m just shocked they haven’t caught him yet.

IMO the killer was way too busy to be dealing with the dog, especially when they were done, likely had blood on them and were eager to leave the scene. If the dog had been in the room with K and M, chances are that it would have been killed as well.
I think he found the dog way earlier because I doubt he knew Maddie and Kaylee were going to sleep together, even if he knew them personally. They had separate rooms after all and I don't believe that was the norm. He must have searched Kaylee's room first, unless he got quite lucky by hitting Maddie's room first and found Kaylee there. But then that wouldn't explain how he found where Ethan and Xana slept. He either checked each room individually (if we assume he had no knowledge of the house) or knew where exactly Xana's room was.

IMHO the odds of he Elantra being used for a drug delivery are not that high due to a couple of things I mentioned in an earlier post.
1. They have a record of communications from the victims and it would be pretty easy to contact those on them during the times in question.
2. More importantly unless the victims (not implying they bought any drugs!) were the only persons who purchased drugs from that particular delivery service, there would be others that night that would tip LE.
In most college towns there are a couple of known hookups and numbers are shared among a select group, it's not like the dealer uses as different vehicle for each sale.
oh, totally agree! thank. you for bringing this up. I do NOT think the victims were buying drugs -- omg no -- I was speaking in general. I'll make sure to edit my comments.

from what I know about drug deals (not any personal direct, knowledge) IMO drug dealers can be pretty creative to keep money and drugs separate and mix up their delivery systems. this is based on research and JMO

Last edited:
yes, that's very logical.

unfortunately, IMO, there's another way to see this, one that's another option for the logic a drug dealer might apply to the situation. IMO I can see a drug dealer not wanting to reveal themselves because of future impact on their ability to do business in the greater Moscow area. IMO If the drug dealer were doing what I'd do (drive a mild-mannered Elantra and dress like an accountant), then the last thing they'd want to do is out themselves. IMO, smarter to remain silent. The same car is not enough to arrest for probable cause IMO. It's sure not enough to bring beyond a reasonable doubt IMO. So without any other evidence tying me to the crime - and I would know that there wouldn't be because I didn't do it - I can't just be accused of being a suspect in a quadruple murder IMO. So JMO, I sit quietly, let LE come to me, hit speed dial for my attorney, and walk that stuff back. JMO Devil's advocating here for the other side of the thought process. edited to add a missing S

Quoting to clarify.
I do NOT think the victims were buying drugs -- omg no -- I was speaking in general. my comments re drugs were general ones based on a dealer having an Elantra that fit the description, not that the dealer was selling drugs to the victims. thank you @Counttrarian for making me aware.

It could have of course but wouldn't it make more sense to get your drugs before your Saturday night partying started, not at the tail end? Also what dealer is coming out for a client that time of night. Wouldn't the dealer more likely say, you come to me?
I can't speak for Moscow but in states where Pot is legal many of the dispensaries deliver. Perhaps that's what the poster was referring to vs an old skool "drug dealer"

Two thoughts…
1.) I would think it’s very possible the killer borrowed someone’s car. Probably had access to his/her keys while the person was asleep. That late at night, the owner wouldn’t even realize it was borrowed. So the owner might be cleared, the car cleared, when in actuality it shouldn’t be. A plate is the only thing that would make a situation like this come to light.
2.) What would be a possible reason that an award has not been offered. There must be many people who have offered…business, family, etc. I find it hard to believe none of the four families have put up their own reward leading to information. I’m trying to understand how that could possibly hurt a case. There must be a strong reason for the family to not do so. It felt odd to hear about the scholarship one of the families has started, but not a reward. I’m not faulting the families at all. They’ve obviously been told no. But why?
It will make the haystack extremely large?

for clarity and just so there's no misinterpretation re previous posts n the topic:

I do NOT think the victims were buying drugs -- omg no -- I was speaking in general. my comments re drugs were general ones based on a drug dealer having an Elantra that fit the description, not that the dealer was selling drugs to the victims. it was part of the discussion about potential Elantra drivers may not come forward, and drug delivery was one of them, but I did not mean to imply that the drugs were for the victims. NO way that was intended, so just adding this for clarity.

thank you @Counttrarian for making me aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther