ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Moscow # 32

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he found the dog way earlier because I doubt he knew Maddie and Kaylee were going to sleep together, even if he knew them personally. They had separate rooms after all and I don't believe that was the norm. He must have searched Kaylee's room first, unless he got quite lucky by hitting Maddie's room first and found Kaylee there. But then that wouldn't explain how he found where Ethan and Xana slept. He either checked each room individually (if we assume he had no knowledge of the house) or knew where exactly Xana's room was.
If the killer observed the house from the woods on the patio side, they might have seen that there were no occupants in the rooms on that side.

If the killer observed the house from the woods on the patio side, they might have seen that there were no occupants in the rooms on that side.
Thing is, I don't think you can observe Xana or Maddie's room from the back. Actually, maybe you can with Maddie, but I'm not sure. I think all the windows from the back are part of Kaylee's room.

Joseph Scott Morgan, who was interviewed on Law&Crime Network, dismissed the notion about the knife causing "tears". The info reportedly came from the coroner, who isn't an expert on injuries.
Exactly, In fact this was her first knife homicide If I am remembering correctly. I recall her saying that in an interview. (Looking for link)

ETA: adding link. Last line of article.
“I don’t think I’ve had another death by stabbing,” she said.

Last edited:
Two thoughts…
1.) I would think it’s very possible the killer borrowed someone’s car. Probably had access to his/her keys while the person was asleep. That late at night, the owner wouldn’t even realize it was borrowed. So the owner might be cleared, the car cleared, when in actuality it shouldn’t be. A plate is the only thing that would make a situation like this come to light.
2.) What would be a possible reason that an award has not been offered. There must be many people who have offered…business, family, etc. I find it hard to believe none of the four families have put up their own reward leading to information. I’m trying to understand how that could possibly hurt a case. There must be a strong reason for the family to not do so. It felt odd to hear about the scholarship one of the families has started, but not a reward. I’m not faulting the families at all. They’ve obviously been told no. But why?

for clarity and just so there's no misinterpretation re previous posts n the topic:

I do NOT think the victims were buying drugs -- omg no -- I was speaking in general. my comments re drugs were general ones based on a drug dealer having an Elantra that fit the description, not that the dealer was selling drugs to the victims. it was part of the discussion about potential Elantra drivers may not come forward, and drug delivery was one of them, but I did not mean to imply that the drugs were for the victims. NO way that was intended, so just adding this for clarity.

thank you @Counttrarian for making me aware.
There's a popular live police show on every weekend, and it's shocking how many people are stopped with massive amounts of weed, baggies, and scales. Therefore, I believe that "dealing" from a automobile is alive and well.

I can't speak for Moscow but in states where Pot is legal many of the dispensaries deliver. Perhaps that's what the poster was referring to vs an old skool "drug dealer"
Sat night is prime for a late might 'lil somthin' as a 'pick me up' vs. getting some pot which likely could be had at most frat houses, . That being said one wouldn't be asleep a few hours later.
The phone records and known communications of all the four victims are (obviously) critical evidence.
all moo, and this is not to imply that any drugs (outside of alcohol that is known) were used by any of the victims

Last edited:
Yes. My point was that the killer might have seen which rooms were empty.
I don't agree with this because:
1. He can't possibly know if Xana's room is empty or not, there is no window from the back parking lot.
2. Kaylee has that "good vibes" sign that lights the room. It'll be difficult to judge whether a person is in that room or not.

I get what you're saying, but even if say he didn't see Kaylee going into her room, that still doesn't discount Xana's room. He had no view there.

Not sure why I am harping on this. But, I believe with all the video and the enhancements of the video possible by the FBI that they very likely have knowledge about the plate or lack thereof. So many options there from paper plate, purposefully obscured plate, stolen plate, etc.

But, I also wonder if they are truly able to do this enhancement from the video they have, do they have a profile of the occupant or occupants?

Long time lurker...sometime poster here.

Just curious, what makes you think it's a temporary plate? Even though I've heard law enforcement is holding back info, I imagine they would have released it if LE had a plate number.

Then again, they probably already have some info on the white Elantra's driver from the surveillance footage, like their race, physical features, etc.

Likewise, I imagine they are combing through white Elantra DMV info and comparing their owners against known criminal and sexual offenders.

I don't agree with this because:
1. He can't possibly know if Xana's room is empty or not, there is no window from the back parking lot.
2. Kaylee has that "good vibes" sign that lights the room. It'll be difficult to judge whether a person is in that room or not.

I get what you're saying, but even if say he didn't see Kaylee going into her room, that still doesn't discount Xana's room. He had no view there.
The perp likely had the view of the kitchen/living area through the patio door and might have seen X and E entering her room. I still find it the most likely that K and M were killed first, with X and/or E surprising the perp on their way out.

and quieter because of Thanksgiving break.
Snipped & bolder by me.

Because details matter & because I’ve kept seeing this inaccurate detail for weeks now …

The murders happened a week before Thanksgiving break was scheduled to begin.

The murders took place during the early morning hours of Sunday, 11/13/2022. There was still a full week of classes left until Fall recess was scheduled to begin on Monday, 11/21/22 with Thanksgiving on Thursday 11/24/22.

It’s true that a few students might blow off Th (11/17/22) or F (11/18/22) classes to start Fall Break early, but that’s not common at all since UI switched from a W-F Thanksgiving “break” to a week-long Fall Recess.

The reason campus was quiet the week before Thanksgiving was because of the murders & people fled town, not because it was Thanksgiving break.

HTH & Moo

Academic Calendar - University of Idaho

I think he found the dog way earlier because I doubt he knew Maddie and Kaylee were going to sleep together, even if he knew them personally. They had separate rooms after all and I don't believe that was the norm. He must have searched Kaylee's room first, unless he got quite lucky by hitting Maddie's room first and found Kaylee there. But then that wouldn't explain how he found where Ethan and Xana slept. He either checked each room individually (if we assume he had no knowledge of the house) or knew where exactly Xana's room was.
I honestly don't know why we're still talking about the dog. I think it's irrelevant but here goes Maybe the dog was sleeping in K's room. Maybe crated, maybe not. The killer looked into the room saw no one sleeping in the bed, the killer was unnoticed by the dog so he closed the door and went to M's room. My opinion only

I wondered if the University of Idaho had ROTC on campus. I am guessing with the knife that was used, this angle was already checked out.

Long time lurker...sometime poster here.

Just curious, what makes you think it's a temporary plate? Even though I've heard law enforcement is holding back info, I imagine they would have released it if LE had a plate number.

Then again, they probably already have some info on the white Elantra's driver from the surveillance footage, like their race, physical features, etc.

Likewise, I imagine they are combing through white Elantra DMV info and comparing their owners against known criminal and sexual offenders.
I think it either has stolen plates, no plate or a paper plate because LE has tools at their fingertips that can identify where a particular plate has been very easily. A plate would lead to the owner and they were also asking for the owner.

I think it either has stolen plates, no plate or a paper plate because LE has tools at their fingertips that can identify where a particular plate has been very easily. A plate would lead to the owner and they were also asking for the owner.
Are we assuming that by now the vehicle has been caught on a license plate reader somewhere? Is it possible that so far LE only has its side view taken from street/house cameras at multiple locations?

Some Thoughts,

One of vitcims was seen on video smoking a vape at the food truck .
I believe shop owner spoke to the victims but I think the seriousness of their conversation is being over stated for clickbait. This is probably were the rumor of the Stalker originally came from.

Vape store owner commented "You all always come in here together lol" not "why do you ...." Girls may have joked about a stalker because they are pretty girls in college who would obviously have guys chasing after them. I have heard several girls mention the word "stalker" about a guy who is interested in them but its not mutual. Do not think any conversation in vape store had to do with anything nefarious but probably inside joke or referring to innocent student with a crush,.Its a Small town not many bars so you are going to run into the same people all the time.
Example: Guy asks pretty girl out..girl says no..girl tells her friends how guy asked her out...friends see guy out the next weekend and say to girl "hey theres your stalker lol"

I do not think the victims were being over protective of one anohter or thought they were in any danger. Food truck video shows 2 girls somewhat intoxicated not showing any sings of fear or thought of being stalked.None of their friends or family have any information of this being an issue. The other supposed girls in store are not coming forward to say there was a stalker just vape guy.

Possible suspect planned on raping one victim in her bedroom knowing she would be out partying that night and coming home intoxicated..but..not realizing her friend(other victim) was "BACK" in town that weekend and would be in the same bedroom that night.

IF A POSSIBLE stalker exists maybe he knew what vehicles were owned by all the occupants of house.Did not recognize new Range Rover in driveway 2+am and assumed it was owned by a wealthy male suitor who might be sleeping with victim. Jelouse rage sets in commits crime not realizing until its too late there is not another guy.. just the female best friend of stalked victim..

Downstairs victims possibly killed due to wrong place wrong time /possible eye witness.

Last edited:
Are we assuming that by now the vehicle has been caught on a license plate reader somewhere? Is it possible that so far LE only has its side view taken from street/house cameras at multiple locations?
In my scenario, yes, I am assuming that.

ETA for clarity. I assume they have seen the license plate area and it is of no use.

Thing is, I don't think you can observe Xana or Maddie's room from the back. Actually, maybe you can with Maddie, but I'm not sure. I think all the windows from the back are part of Kaylee's room.
Another possibility is that the 4 of them were hanging out as a group prior to going to bed. Perhaps in the common area and the killer may have been watching them. He may of known who was there, when they went down, and for how long from watching the common area.

That's a good suggestion
IDK - a WSer from Idaho might be able to contribute here & answer this question

Even if they don't, it's not expensive to hire mobile boards and place them at key junctions.
But if they'd done the latter the msm reporters still camped in Moscow or local reporters further afield in Idaho would probably have mentioned them now ( Considering how hungry media are for any snippets related to this manhunt)
We don’t have permanent ones in the Moscow area although I’ve heard there’s at least one in the much more populated Boise area.

Agree that mobile ones are/would have been a good idea. We had a private mobile one in the campus in September, IIRC.

Some Thoughts,

One of vitcims was seen on video smoking a vape at the food truck .
I believe shop owner spoke to the victims but I think the seriousness of their conversation is being over stated for clickbait. This is probably were the rumor of the Stalker originally came from.

Vape store owner commented "You all always come in here together lol" not "why do you ...." Girls may have joked about a stalker because they are pretty girls in college who would obviously have guys chasing after them. I have heard several girls mention the word "stalker" about a guy who is interested in them but its not mutual. Do not think any conversation in vape store had to do with anything nefarious but probably inside joke or referring to innocent student with a crush

I do not think the victims were being over protective of one anohter or thought they were in any danger. Food truck video shows 2 girls somewhat intoxicated not showing any sings of fear or thought of being stalked.None of their friends or family have any information of this being an issue. The other supposed girls in store are not coming forward to say there was a stalker just vape guy.

Possible suspect planned on raping one victim in her bedroom knowing she would be out partying that night and coming home intoxicated..but..not realizing her friend(other victim) was "BACK" in town that weekend and would be in the same bedroom that night.

IF A POSSIBLE stalker exists maybe he knew what vehicles were owned by all the occupants of house.Did not recognize new Range Rover in driveway 2+am and assumed it was owned by a wealthy male suitor who might be sleeping with victim. Jelouse rage sets in commits crime not realizing until its too late there is not another guy.. just the female best friend of stalked victim..

Downstairs victims possibly killed due to wrong place wrong time /possible eye witness.
The stalker claim was actually investigated and two men were cleared by police as the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven