ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
The "source" said. hmm I'll look for more citations.

An FBI surveillance team tracked him for four days before his arrest while law enforcement worked with prosecutors to develop enough probable cause to obtain a warrant, the two law enforcement sources said.

Genetic genealogy techniques were used to connect Kohberger to unidentified DNA evidence, another source with knowledge of the case tells CNN. The DNA was run through a public database to find potential family member matches, and subsequent investigative work by law enforcement led to him as the suspect, the source said.

LE had killer DNA from the crime scene

If they used genetic genealogy techniques and a database and found a ’match’ , that isn‘t a match to a person- it is a match to a genetic line of people which could include thousands

This genealogy match, his residence location, his car, and his study in school could have supported a warrant to follow him and collect his DNA from trash

BCK DNA then was run in comparison with DNA of killer from the crime scene = 100% match

JMO

Last edited:
It's relevant. All details are relevant. It's like a chess game, the more you know about it the better you are at it. He's smart enough to know not to leave evidence behind, whereas a less intelligent person might not know that. He knows about DNA, not everyone does. I don't believe he's as smart as he thinks he is and his arrogance is why he got caught.
I think many people comingle or even confuse emotional intelligence(EQ) with IQ. From what his professors say it seems his IQ is quite high but from what his peers indicate the EQ was perhaps quite low. JMO

That's why I question whether he was being bullied or if he was an instigator. It's easy to rile someone up privately and then get them to defend themselves publicly so they look like a jerk and you come out smelling like a rose.
I agree. He sounds like a mean, miserable person even since high school. He’s described as “cruel” and “mean spirited.” Was he bullied or were people just defending themselves?
I am totally against bullying, but he sounds awful.

Dad flying out and driving back with BK says VOLUMES about dynamics of family. NO WAY my dad would do that if I was capable of driving on my own as a 28 yr old man. 2500 MILES?? Makes ZERO sense. BK must have had a great BS pitch!
Could you expand on this? What exactly do you think it says about the family dynamic? My 32 year old brother lives in Los Angeles. A couple of years ago he flew home to Michigan to pick up a car he had stored at our parents house. When it was time for my brother to return home, our father drove to L.A. with him and then flew home. He chose to do that because he loves his son and they wanted to spend time together. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the details of these horrific crimes are just going to get more & more gruesome, regardless of who said what when. Such a nightmare for X, E, M & K, no one should have had to go through this -- and worse than H E double toothpicks for their loved ones to have go through this; Ergo, if he is proven guilty, he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law for what he did, whatever his twisted reasons were. MOOOO

erSee this is my whole thing about the cross country drive. People keep saying it’s normal & they do this kind of thing for their kids. I get that, but that doesn’t really apply here. It’s very expensive to do a multi day car trip. It’s the worst time of year for that too. Plus the one way flight for his dad. Hotels, food. When he had to turn around and do it all over again in just a few weeks. If it were summer or my kid was moving back at that point—that would make sense. And I would totally do that for my kid. But this is not that.
I bet he insisted on driving instead of flying. So his dad felt like he had to go.
I don’t think it’s weird at all that his dad went to help him. I think it’s weird and telling that BK put him in that position.
He probably wanted his car when he got home so he could do things. Sure, he could have flown and then used his parents' cars, but if they are working during the day, it would have just left him home all day with no car in a rural area.
He had income. He was a TA. He had loans and other financial aid. He also had a dog, who would have had to be boarded. I really don't see anything sinister in driving the car home. Remember, he didn't think he was going to get caught. He thought he was smarter than cops or even FBI. If he was worried about his car being found, he could have rented a storage space or left it at the airport. He didn't think he would get caught.

I wonder about evidence in the car (if found any).

Is it possible that there is transfer of something from the house to the car?

Even the tiniest fibres?

JMO

Last edited:
It's not as time consuming as it once was. It can take a few months, but it's relatively quick. The issue with cold cases is that it can sometimes require exhuming a body or getting an okay to use the last bits of dna evidence, court orders make the process more lengthy. And it's easier today because more people have done some ancestral dna so there's more in the database these days.
It's kind of fascinating witnessing a new investigative tool being developed!

I agree. It's been extensively discussed and while some sleuthers find it strange, many of us don't find it weird at all. I'd do the same for my kids. No way would I encourage cross country traveling alone, for anyone. Too much risk, IMO.
I agree. I've made an Oklahoma to Washington and back trip a couple times the past few years to get a kid and his truck to and from school. My wife and I really enjoyed the road trips/mini vacations. The boy would fly home for Christmas though. 2500 miles is a major road trip and that much time on the road carries some risk even for an older experienced adult. Gas and motels expensive too.

This is the same attorney that BK used. By taking BK's parents on as clients, he has made himself a witness.

Oops hit enter and didn't finish my thought.

What this means is that anything BK told LaBar is discoverable by the prosecution.
The wording seemed to say they released a statement through HIS attorney, not theirs. Did I misinterpret that?

Kids can be mean. Still, they can also be sensitive to nonverbal cues. At what point in time do aberrant inclinations become noticeable?

LaBar said that once Kohberger is extradited back to Idaho, he plans to ask the court for a public defender.

“He does not have the funding to get a private attorney,” LaBar said.

LaBar said he reached out to the Idaho Public Defense Commission to get an attorney “assigned as soon as possible.”

LaBar said he spoke to Kohberger and his parents, and because it is possible that Idaho prosecutors will seek the death penalty — which would increase the cost of trying the case — they wouldn’t be able to afford a private attorney.
I’ll add that I was disappointed to learn we no longer have a single capital case qualified public defender, let alone the two required, in our entire judicial district (Moscow & Latah County are in Idaho’s second judicial district).

https://pdc.idaho.gov/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/IdahoCapitalCounselRoster20221215.pdf

I have only ever been printed when my position required an FBI background check. Every other criminal background check (with national/international entities) has been based on ssn/data, not prints.
In Pennsylvania the fbi fingerprint clearance is a prerequisite to work minor children in any way. For any schools, volunteer organizations, even parent volunteers at schools etc.

JMO... I can imagine a situation wherein BK compulsively and repeatedly drove around Greek Row/other areas of Moscow and Pullman, fantasizing about committing the "perfect crime." He begins to notice frequent parties at the King St. house, and maybe begins watching the tenants partying in the kitchen/living room areas through the uncovered second story windows. He notices that the house is mostly filled with women--women similar to the ones who rejected him--and starts to obsess over how he would commit a crime there. He looks at Zillow, but never knows who exactly the tenants are, but it doesn't matter because his mind is made up that these are not people, but "deserving" targets. Eventually, the compulsive thoughts turn to action and he begins planning while still frequently driving by the house. On the night of the murder, he watches from somewhere somewhat removed in his car until all of the lights are out, and takes action. He didn't anticipate both rooms he entered to have two occupants, and didn't expect a man, which led to a panic, making him leave earlier than expected, which spared the downstairs roommates.
It could be that him driving frequently by the area was what LE meant when they said they had noticed "patterns" regarding the white car. MOO

The News Nation reporter mentions this timeline of his education
Bachelors. 2020
Masters degree May 2022

If BCK is 28, he graduated from high school on or about 2012, that is ten years ago.
What did he do at age 18-22 prior to beginning his bachelors??

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member