ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wondering why they didn't fly BK home, instead of Dad flying out there and then making the long trek. I too assume I90
From the alleged perp's perspective maybe he thought two persons traveling would be less of a BOLO description fit than single male between 25-35 in an Ilandtra. Also we don't know near enough to know if father knew or suspected anything. A lot of dads might feel unhappy at reduced time with a child when that child is an adult and might jump at the chance to do a couple day road trip trip together. If you or I personally think a airplane trip might be more rational, the dad may not have thought that at all.

Haven't seen this addressed. If and this is a big if he was at same bar as girls on the night of murder could he have been at the food truck area maybe off camera watching them. Did I read one of the girls said on camera get away from me weirdo?
There were several cams feeding the live stream at the food truck from all different angles so he'd be seen if he was indeed there. IMO

And yes, I believe it was Maddie who said that but it's known who she was talking about (he was also in the stream), but it wasn't BK

Sometimes you can find different sources for the same info. Was it this?

BK and father were pulled over twice in Indiana while driving to PA.

That article gives an uneasy feeling.. What if this isn't the guy? what if BK hired someone to do the dirty work? IDK I'm just guessing at different scenarios. hes going to plead not guilty per the link.. what does that mean for the hearing? I have zero background in criminal justice.

I'm surprised the public defender didn't ask if his client had been driving or whether or not a ticket was issued. How could LaBar not be interested. It doesn't seem impossible that they were stopped because of nationwide bulletins on the car. Yes I know it was a 2015. Would it be SOP for the first pd to pass off his client's records to the pd in the second state?
Because it doesn’t matter to him.

LeBar’s sole purpose is to represent BK at his extradition hearing.

He’s got bigger fish to fry than a traffic ticket.

MOO

IMO, if the offender put a substance in the vents to incapacitate the victims he himself would also suffer the effects of that substance. So that theory, IMO is unlikely.
Unless he wore a respirator. There are half & full face mask reusable respirators that are readily available to the public along with different air intake cartridge filters for a wide variety of airborne substances. The whole setup costing ~$200.
North® 5400 Full-Face Respirators in Stock - Uline
North® Respirator Cartridge/Filter Combos in Stock - Uline

There are so many questions about the mechanism or how this crime was committed by one man murdering 3 women and a man, who were sleeping in the middle of the nigiht : when he began stabbing, did anyone scream and wake the others? doesn't seem like it because it appears that he murdered them pretty easily. How could he murder four people without any of the screaming and waking the others- It seems like he carried out the crime with a certain amount of ease. I hate to get graphic but the prosecution has to get graphic and figure out the exact way this crime was carried out. For example while he was stabbing one of the women, did the other wake up? I presume she would have- I can't imagine she didn't try to jump on him or do something to stop him-- just thinking out loud.
Not many people have discussed this issue but it is a huge issue- how exactly did he commit this crime?
IMO whether they screamed or not doesn't have anything to do with the prosecution of this case. Perhaps the surviving roommates did hear a scream, they apparently didn't call the police. The fact is the offender was able to murder four people and no one knew anything about it until the first call to 911 the next day.

MSN

Jason LaBar told CNN that Mr. Kohberger’s father had travelled to Washington state to meet his son before Christmas – weeks after the violent quadruple homicide – so that they could make the cross-country drive home together.

The father and son travelled in the suspect’s white Hyundai Elantra – the vehicle that has been at the center of the murder investigation for several weeks. They were pulled over by police twice as they passed through Indiana, Mr. LaBar told KTVB. Mr. LaBar said he wasn’t sure if the stops resulted in citations but said one was for speeding and the other was for following a car ahead too closely.

Sometime during the journey east, investigators began tracking Mr. Kohberger’s movements across the US.

I'm going to hazard a guess. If LE were tipped off that KB was a suspect before he left WA-ID, it's possible they got a judge to allow them to plant a recording device on the car. It could also have happened somewhere along the route from origin to Indiana. They could have done it while the car was parked at a restaurant or motel. Having the ISP pull the car over a couple of times may have been an attempt to get KB upset so that he would start talking in the car, possibly admitting his crime to his dad or other pertinent information.

JMO

That article gives an uneasy feeling.. What if this isn't the guy? what if BK hired someone to do the dirty work? IDK I'm just guessing at different scenarios. hes going to plead not guilty per the link.. what does that mean for the hearing? I have zero background in criminal justice.
They found BK's DNA at the scene and his exact vehicle was at the scene... so it's looking likely he is the guy (allegedly, of course).

As for the hearing this week, it is only about moving him from PA -> Idaho, which he is not fighting. He then has to plead not guilty in Idaho when he gets there.

That LaBar attorney is only representing him for the PA -> Idaho move, not the murder trial. Plenty of murders with ridiculous amounts of evidence and proof have been fought at trial, people think they will outsmart the prosecution and get off on a lesser charge or even scot-free.

Sometimes you can find different sources for the same info. Was it this?

BK and father were pulled over twice in Indiana while driving to PA.

BBM
Great find! That trip home just got more expensive if either or both stops were ticketed.

The article also says:
"LaBar told NBC he cannot make any assumptions about Kohberger's case in Idaho and that all four members of his client's family, two sisters and his mother and father, will be at the courthouse on Tuesday."

I see that WSU has a motor pool for WSU employees to use for WSU-related purposes. I wonder if TA's can rent vehicles in the fleet.

If so, BK could have used such a vehicle in multiple ways to avoid detection in relation to the crime:
  • As a vehicle he sometimes used to scout out the area in advance of the crime (so his own vehicle wouldn't be repeatedly spotted in the area).
  • As a vehicle he returned to immediately after the murders to avoid transferring any blood, fiber, DNA, or other evidence from the scene into his own vehicle.
  • As the vehicle he uses to take the knife/clothing/any other evidence to a location for dumping after the murders.
If he returned to a different vehicle directly after the crimes then how did the Elantra show up on video only a few minutes later.

The police and FBI have not found the knife and are still searching according to the recent news press conference of the police chief. I am incredibly impressed and thrilled with law enforcement‘s excellent job finding BK. Am I the only person who doesn’t think they will ever find the knife? It could be in various trash dumps Washington, Idaho, rest stops, Pennsylvania, McDonald’s along the way, dug in holes between Washington and Pennsylvania, into sewers, , tossed down canyons, lakes, rivers, oceans, caves, …..
All true, and yet there is a chance he did something less competent with it.
It's a difficult thing to understand...isn't it? I think, if he DID commit these acts, he's in it for all those things you mentioned. The act. The aftermath. The fame.

I'm certainly not an expert on forensic psychology (although I find it fascinating) and am simply a novice crime junkie....just going with the gut.

(That said, there is still a possibility that this was a targeted, personal, revenge type of crime, and if that's the case, everything changes)
MOO it’s still incel, the rage is key.

Because it doesn’t matter to him.

LeBar’s sole purpose is to represent BK at his extradition hearing.

He’s got bigger fish to fry than a traffic ticket.

MOO
Does anyone know if BK’s public defender in Idaho has been assigned to him? I’d be curious to know if LeBar is in communication with the lawyer who will be representing him the rest of the case?

These threads are moving so fast - I have looked and looked for the posts about the convenience store clerk and her relationship to video footage - was there really a significant revelation about early video or am I misunderstanding?

Anyone willing to recap that convo for me, I'd surely appreciate it.

I'm still wondering why they didn't fly BK home, instead of Dad flying out there and then making the long trek. I too assume I90
there have been a lot of theories posted on this thread and those of yesterday. The only one I can sympathize with is that he, or his parents, wanted use of the car for the time he would be back there. Also I wonder if he wanted to get rid of the car back east, I think his family member would have had to sign to sell it(?) Some posters think it natural that a parent would want to spend 4-5 days in the car, in the winter, with the son. But if it were my own trip, I would have just done it myself.

Maybe BCK is used to having others make decisions for him.

Didn’t BK take classes re HVAC? Could he have tampered with the system and it had to be fixed? Not sure why he would have tampered with the system though.

I doubt it. I believe detectives simply needed to collect filters and swab the ducts in the multi-level home for forensic lab testing and required the assistance of HVAC contractor before and/or after the process. For example, if they removed the filters from the heating system, it would be prudent to replace them to keep the heating system working. JMO

I only mentioned it earlier in the thread because If it is true, if the boxing became extreme, the diet as well- it points to a personality type that can be addicted, have to have control over things. IMO it could be part of the big picture of this person, more insight to his thinking. JMO, everyone is different and we don't know for sure. Just, my brian is similar- I've never killed (take spiders outside even) - but I do understand obsessive thinking and needing to have something to control. It sucks and can be life consuming. Some people's brains just work that way. All totally MOO.
This is why I tend to believe there was a heroin addiction. Self medication may have been his way to gain relief from his obsessive thinking if any. And imo there was some.
I think perhaps the boxing, the running, late night vacuuming, pouring himself into the singular focus of education were all his attempts to control a lot of inner turmoil and inappropriate thoughts and impulses. He lived with his parents up until last August so there was at least some safety and regimen perhaps in the family unit and familiarity.
Once he got away from the nest, maybe it all started unraveling imo. Hard to say just my thoughts at the moment. All Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuznFinder