ID - 4 University of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good catch. Excellent.

You are right. Most people would answer, "Pennsylvania" or "Home." The "Thai Food" answer really does give insight into how his stressed brain responds. It would be bewildering, to have to guess at what information people really wanted from you. He must lack some basic interpretive ability for incoming words (spoken words).

I'd love to see him do that test that involves having people explain common proverbs (as a test for concrete/literal thinking vs analogical/metaphorical thinking).
Oh, I think he clearly understands the intent of the cop’s question. He just doesn’t want to share any info, especially about where he’s headed. He's obfuscating due to his guilty conscience, in my opinion. And for all he knows they may be on to him, or figure out he’s the killer of the U of Idaho students.

Most universities have a code of conduct policy for students that likely covers students charged with crimes.
There is so much money in higher education and here we have two universities within 10 miles that were losing students over this. On a scale of 0-10, my trust level here is about a 3.

Additionally, if he isn't deemed guilty, they're setting themselves up for a lawsuit with some of their language there.

Isn’t Washington an at-will employment state?
Isn’t Washington an at-will employment state?

Being on a PhD program, he is a student, he is epployed as TA only because he is a student.

They stroke him off as a student, the discussion is only about that.

To be honest, I am not aware if at-will employment is apllicable at universities, they usually have very specific own rules, kind of authonomy.

Destroy him ? A cold-blooded, sick souled, horrible human who is not decent. Where this goes, if the crazy-law-system we have, is to a cage for the rest of his sad, sordid, life ! OJ got away with it. Skakel got away with it. Cosby the pervert got away with it. Crimes are not necessarily proved or found guilty in our law system. Rather, when the Chief of Police states they have their killer, take his advice and wisdom. They are going to have a boatload of forensics and evidence. Mister oh-so-clever killer, forgot the teachings... when you take, you also leave. Probably all over the place. Bless our Law Enforcement who have to be around this killer monster under the bed. Yikes. Destroy him is too easy. He deserves much worse. 4 dead innocent students under the ages of 22 !!!
Thank you Slueth2010.
I just aint got the brains to type my thoughts and you done did er for me!
Seriously. Thank you for your response.

new bodycam

( new to me, this is not the TMZ published one)

New to me and not caught up so this may have been mentioned. Both appear nervous and give too much info to Le that to me indicates LE knew who they were pulling over. Usually LE do not carry on conversations or be of any interest in that would be going on in WA-- the shooting on 12/15, where he works. Going to get Thai food etc. Notice BK keeps his right arm down by his side. Father wants to talk, BK wants to distract.

His dad seems like a nice guy. This makes me so sad for him, knowing what comes later.
I was just thinking the same thing. His dad seems nice. Not sure if I can comment about what I have read about BK's parents (so I won't), but needless to say they sound like very decent, nice folks. I really hate seeing their faces splashed all over the News, I wish the reporters would give them a little privacy and just focus on BK himself.

Weren’t they in Washington when it occurred? I could definitely see someone talking about something so big when they were so close. I imagine there was a lot of emotion tied to the experience. Moo
most likely not because of how far they were and what time Pullman started

Oh, I think he clearly understands the intent of the cop’s question. He just doesn’t want to share any info, especially about where he’s headed. He's obfuscating due to his guilty conscience, in my opinion. And for all he knows they may be on to him, or figure out he’s the killer of the U of Idaho students.
Agreed.
And, BK was putting some distance between himself and the horrific crimes !
Imo.

In the 2011 Pleasant Valley High School yearbook, the accused killer is pictured in a law enforcement class with other students mid-push-up.

An insignia on his right sleeve shows a U.S. flag as a badge dangles from his left pocket.

"Sophomore Bryan Kohenberger [sic] performs his daily push-ups as part of his law enforcement class," the photo caption says. "Kohenberger [sic] used the skills he learned to help him reach his goal to one day serve in the Army Rangers."

IMO, I get the impression that BK is maybe a little ditzy or airheaded at times, that doesn’t mean he isn’t brilliant or intelligent.

Today, a crime profiler called him a moron.

I'd love to hear how you concluded he was brilliant or intelligent though. We have not even learned if he graduated high school, to my knowledge. We know he went to adult ahead after that (so I'm thinking GED) and then to a school that has a 100% acceptance rate for its accelerated, degree mill-like BA/MA program (which is largely online). 100% acceptance rate. This is not the sign of a competitive program. The professor there admits he failed to actually implement and compile data from his survey. She 'helped him" do a non-data based "narrative' Master's thesis. At the last minute, is the way I read what she said.

Then he gets to WSU, gives most of his students failing grades and writes in big red letters on their papers (that's a big no-no for student teachers) and when confronted about it, the students watch in amazement the next day as their grades go from very low to 100%. Every single student got 100% from him because his grading scheme did not norm to the other TA's and the prof/students confronted him. Instead of reacting intelligently, he basically throws a grading tantrum, or to use a technical term, he flips out.

He drives his own car to a scene where he intends to commit felonies. He carries his cell phone with him most of the time and is pinged near the victims on multiple occasions (does he not know how cell towers work??) Understandaby, post-crime he's a bit anxious (a lot anxious?) but still, if he's that smart, he'd still be trying to think his way out of the situation. He would not speed or get stopped by traffic cops, etc.

So we can agree to disagree. I don't think he's "ditzy" at all (that implies a jovial silliness that belongs, say, to Daisy in Great Gatsby, not to this guy). I think his compulsions overwhelm him, that his thinking is very narrowly channeled, that he believes he has a reason for everything he does, and that he knows the reasons other people behave as they do (but he doesn't). His self-perceptions are grandiose. He thinks others are stupid and he thinks he's smart. I love guessing IQ and I'll guess his as 115-120. 120 is smarter than about 70% of people, it's true. But that's in no way super intelligent. OTOH, I've known 1 high IQ person (168 on multiple measures) and she was fairly low-functioning due to many reasons (but being ditzy wasn't one of them). Let's just say she took things very seriously and was a very compassionate person. Bryan is not that person.

It really bugs me that when he pulls over on the interstate he doesn't know to get as far off it as possible. No common sense, no consideration for the officer, no thought about how that looks to the officer. I guess he was unable to anticipate how less well he'd be functioning once under the enormous burden of escaping the long arm of the law.

Wow. So both stops in the same day were for following too closely!

And great example by the deputy of how only the occupants in this vehicle are aware of the WSU shooting that occurred the evening before the traffic stop. I'm glad to see that BK appeared to be obsessing over campus news from Pullman, WA

I can't wait to learn about the forensics for his computer and phone and how many times a day he checked for any break in his killer case while he was on winter break. No doubt this will shock his family. o_O
Sounds like following too closely is truly a serious issue with BK.

New to me and not caught up so this may have been mentioned. Both appear nervous and give too much info to Le that to me indicates LE knew who they were pulling over. Usually LE do not carry on conversations or be of any interest in that would be going on in WA-- the shooting on 12/15, where he works. Going to get Thai food etc. Notice BK keeps his right arm down by his side. Father wants to talk, BK wants to distract.
The state of Indiana put out a statement that the police didn't know he was a suspect at the time of these traffic stops.

Weren’t they in Washington when it occurred? I could definitely see someone talking about something so big when they were so close. I imagine there was a lot of emotion tied to the experience. Moo
Didn't they initially send out a shelter in place alert to the campus? Before they knew what they were dealing with? MOO, they were already on the road and BK got the alert and they were fishing for information. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93