ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 51

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure that makes a whole lot of sense, though. Idaho has repeatedly said BK must be in Idaho to receive it himself. I'm not sure why his public defender attorney in PA who's never set foot in Idaho yet and will not be on the legal defense once BK is in Idaho would have access to it before him and so early that a gag order was put in place. I've not heard of him having an Idaho public defender appointed yet either. MOO

I think the gag order was put in place because the judge is no dummy and can already tell what an absolute media circus this will be.

I'm not sure why his public defender attorney in PA who's never set foot in Idaho yet and will not be on the legal defense once BK is in Idaho would have access to it before him and so early that a gag order was put in place. I've not heard of him having an Idaho public defender appointed yet either. MOO
It was reported that he is being represented by Anne Taylor, the Chief Public Defender of Kootenai County, so if anyone was handed the PCA it would be her.

Source

I don't think a vegan diet in prison will have good long-term results. Its doubtful he would get adequate protein. For vegans to get enough protein they need to eat a larger quantity of food than a diet with meat, eggs, and dairy (as those provide a higher level of protein in a smaller portion). I doubt he will be getting huge tempeh stir fries each night.

Using this calculator, putting in his age, gender, height, weight, and activity level (I chose "low active" - figuring he can do pushups in his cell), and it says he needs 65 grams of protein per day.

But they are cops, right? And it’s kind of their job to keep tabs on bad guys? They are trained to put themselves in harm’s way in order to protect citizens. We aren’t privy to what information was given to the officers before the stops. For all we know there was a tracking device on the car and a listening device inside. Until we hear anything officially, we have no idea how this all went down.
Go back a few posts. Indiana LE denied having any info on Bryan or the car when the stops were made.

I don't think a vegan diet in prison will have good long-term results. Its doubtful he would get adequate protein. For vegans to get enough protein they need to eat a larger quantity of food than a diet with meat, eggs, and dairy (as those provide a higher level of protein in a smaller portion). I doubt he will be getting huge tempeh stir fries each night.

Using this calculator, putting in his age, gender, height, weight, and activity level (I chose "low active" - figuring he can do pushups in his cell), and it says he needs 65 grams of protein per day.

Lots of rice and beans and lentils I’d guess.

These are direct quotes from two LE agencies. I think these are more reliable than "sources". There was no covert operation with the FBI or anyone else.

The state police added: "At the time of this stop, there was no information available on a suspect for the crime in Idaho, to include identifying information or any specific information related to the license plate state or number of the white Hyundai Elantra which was being reported in the media to have been seen in or around where the crime occurred."

The Hancock County Sheriff's Office said it stopped Kohberger just nine minutes before the Indiana State Police. The father and son were pulled over at that time for speeding, according to LaBar. The sheriff's department also said there was no information at the time on the suspect in the Idaho crimes or specific information on the white Hyundai Elantra.

Bump! The covert stops are fake news.

That’s absolutely normal IME. It doesn’t always have to be granted (depending on state) but it’s not an exceedingly abnormal accommodation.

Thank you. I didn't know that.

It still makes me livid.

I think inmates of any stripe should receive nourishing food, but I don't think they should get to dictate what they eat.

I still struggle to understand how he expected this would play out. If LE hadn't gone the genealogy route right away, it's possible the investigation would have dragged on a while longer, but surely BK didn't think (1) that he would be able to murder four people indoors without leaving DNA or (2) that his DNA would go unidentified for very long, right? That's part of the reason I'm so impatient for the trial to unfold (in addition to very much wanting to see justice done) -- I can't help but feel that he expected to be apprehended, but possibly not convicted?

I just hope that given the number of people going in and out of that house for parties that the DNA evidence is indisputable and couldn’t be explained by saying he was at party there on some occasion.

Bold. A week's groceries = about a month's salary these days where I am in the UK...

IDK. Makes sense as part of a surveillance pattern but it seems a somewhat elaborate ruse for a simple gander at his hands with an uncertain success rate, given the stories about how careful he was elsewhere in terms of wearing gloves everywhere, etc. Driving with gloves in the winter can be passed off pretty easily IMO.

And I wonder a bit about the legal security and cleanliness of any evidence, visual or otherwise, obtained under the false pretext of a traffic stop.
Wouldn't a pretextual stop, if proven, be argued by the defense as a basis to exclude any evidence gathered as a result? Also, if the MSM's "source" for this claim was actually involved in the investigation - doesn't that violate the gag order ?

Thank you. I didn't know that.

It still makes me livid.

I think inmates of any stripe should receive nourishing food, but I don't think they should get to dictate what they eat.
In some places they only can if it’s religious or because of allergies. In others they can choose “health reasons.”

I don’t know what Idaho’s rules are but it sounds like they will accommodate more liberally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iz2013