ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is totally speculation but I wonder if DM was the one who the 911 call was actually originally about? Maybe BF called because DM was non responsive without seeing the others down the hallway, possibly with door closed? It seems possible that DM could have been super scared and self medicated to go to sleep and then was nonresponsive the next day.

Amazing that everything was kept under wraps for so long. D never leaked she saw him. Cops never leaked they knew who it was. With so much press and so many involved, great work keeping it all secret
Can't believe they essentially had a suspect by the 29th. Must have been so hard for LE not to tell the families anything.

Also, the affidavit says DM heard something to the effect of "It's okay, I'm going to help you."

In the shock and confusion of encountering someone in the house at that hour and not wanting to believe he could have been a danger, she may have convinced herself - based on having heard the offer of help - that it must have been a friend who'd been invited, maybe a friend of EC's.
You’re probably spot in. We know the house was a known party house and people were often coming and going and she probably convinced herself in the moment everything was ok.

Wow I’m shook reading this.

I’m curious where he initially saw/became obsessed with someone in that house. I think now that LE saying this was targeted might be because they had the footage of his car driving by multiple times that morning, his phone near their house 12 times and from day one, had info from DM that he walked right past her and didn’t kill her!

While I am of course absolutely thrilled her life was saved, I am so confused as to why a murderer who just killed four people would leave a victim who witnessed them? This doesn’t make sense.

I don't know either, but maybe that's why LE said the killing was "targeted." Maybe they felt the fact the killer let her live suggested he had accomplished what he came to do. MOO

Reading the PCA and hearing about Dylan's encounter with the suspect is so upsetting. Everything about how it apparently happened is very disturbing. Also, can't believe that the DoorDash order happened at 4am, as many sleuthers suspected when crime scene photos were released... (relevant insofar as Xana placed the order that morning and received it moments before the suspect entered the home).
A Door Dash delivery at 4am stands out more than almost anything else talked about here!
The crying and "it's okay, I'm going to help you" part is scary.
So much to try and read here...was this said to D?
Okay, but all they can prove is that the knife was his and his car was in the area often, and D claims to have seen him in the house with a mask on. He can claim the knife was stolen and that he liked to drive around a lot and that D saw someone else, someone who is 5'10, not 6 feet tall like he is. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.
Actually not the knife just a sheath for a knife and like you also wrote D claims to have seen someone dressed in black 5'10"-6' tall in the house...

I'm watching Court TV and they just stated the affidavit is "Rich with juicy details"... why can't some of these reporters have some sense of decency/be more professional, what a thing to say. I may have to find a better source for Live updates, any recommendations?

He had to have known that he left that sheath behind somewhere. I imagine he tore his car apart hoping and praying that it fell off in there somehow and not on the way in the house, in the house or on the way out of the house. Can you imagine his panic. You have to hate yourself. What a dumb mistake. Ka Bar needs a better way to fasten the sheaths to clothing?
I'm sure he was in a panic once he realized he didn't have the sheath. I can't help but wonder if all of that circling the neighborhood and stopping and doing u-turns after the killing (mentioned in the warrant) was at least in part due to him trying to work up the nerve to go back inside the house and retrieve that sheath.

No can judge the house mate. It is well known the fight/flight/freeze response. By the time it sunk in she would have been terrified and likely panicked and froze. She will live with this for the rest of her life, she doesn't need criticising. It wasn't her fault.
Seriously. There is no telling what one will do in a state of shock and fear. We can’t judge her for it.

MOO

Her experience is eerily reminiscent to one of the Ted Bundy survivors in the Chi Omega Tallahassee sorority house, Nita Neary, who likewise saw Bundy walk out of the house after the killings. The police sketch from her description looked a lot like Bundy and was used in evidence at this trial.
There’s a lot of similarities between this (him) and Ted Bundy. Although Bundy was able to get away with it many more times then him.

He had to have known that he left that sheath behind somewhere. I imagine he tore his car apart hoping and praying that it fell off in there somehow and not on the way in the house, in the house or on the way out of the house. Can you imagine his panic. You have to hate yourself. What a dumb mistake. Ka Bar needs a better way to fasten the sheaths to clothing?
Maybe that’s why he went back in the morning. To see if he dropped it outside.

So the accused must realize he leaves a knife sheath (with DNA), is both seen and heard by an eyewitness, and vehicle is identified, and had phone with him multiple times near location.
He then decides to complete classes and doesn't attempt flight or even switching vehicles. Presuming the above are true, either one of the least intelligent criminals out there or delusional.

It is interesting though; since as I stated fairly early on that it was very difficult for those not involved directly in the case to speculate since for all we know they have dna (true), a murder weapon (close enough) and suspect (true).
Such an odd crime, I suspect some conspiracy theorists are going to have a field day.

my question, is if he saw DM? it doesn't sound like it, but it seems strange. and as crazy as it seems so easy to think to react, that mustve been so traumatizing. unbelievable. she mustve been quacking in her boots for hours.

it all seems pretty obvious. i am curious how he thinks he may play this. how he even kept the same car so long is just bizarre, given his education and knowledge.
The thing is, we just don't know how someone else would react in such a situation.

Earlier this year while on vacation in Mexico there was an incident at our resort where I thought an active shooter was present. People started running and screaming. I have never been so scared in my entire life (and I've lived for 50 years)! I grabbed my purse and I ran as fast as I could out of the resort. It turned out to be nothing, but I learned a lot about myself and how I would personally react if I truly felt my life was in danger. Some people freeze with fear, other people stay and fight, and the remainder run!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
just_a_shouthern_gal