ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot stress this enough; folks please familiarize yourself with the emergency (911, family) capabilities of your smartphone/watch, practice them, activate them & encourage those you love to do the same.
ALSO, when you are using your phone with WiFi boost, be sure to enter the emergency address of the location in the "WiFi Calling" settings so that if you must call 911, LE and other emergency services can find you even if you cannot speak.

Trying to catch up! From the affidavit I am curious about this:

Page 16:
Further analysis of the cellular data provided showed the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources on November 13, 2022 consistent with the Phone travelling from Pullman, Washington to Lewiston, Idaho via US Highway 195. At approximately 12:36 p.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that would provide coverage to Kate's Cup of Joe coffee stand located at 8 l0L6
Page 17:
Further analysis of the cellular data provided showed the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources on November 13, 2022 consistent with the Phone travelling from Pullman, Washington to Lewiston, Idaho via US Highway 195. At approximately 12:36 p.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that would provide coverage to Kate's Cup of Joe coffee stand located at 8 l0L6
Page 18:Additional analysis of records for the 8458 Phone indicated that between approximately5:32 p.m. and 5:36 p.m., the 8458 Phone utilized cellular resources that provide coverage to Johnson, ID. The 8458 Phone then stops reporting to the network from approximately 5:36 p.m.to 8:30 p.m. That is consistent with the 8458 Phone being the area that the 8458 Phone traveled in the hours immediately following the suspected time the homicides occurred.

What was he doing and where was he??

Wasn’t it that he lost service? I thought I read that in there.

The cops sent misdirection for a lot of the information. The roommates slept through it (misdirect), they didn't see anything (misdirect). Called their friends first. Who knows about that. Thought the person was passed out. Thinking that's not true since she saw someone in a black mask. I don't think they wanted BK to know there was a witness. It will probably all come out at trial. So I will withhold judgement on the roommate.

When I read the PCA, it says redacted at the end of page 1, but then picks up after an entire blank page at page 2. I’ll include pics and links for clarity. My questions are:

1. Is there an entire page redacted? If yes, what might that suggest? Could it include specific information about the crime that only the killer would know?
2. Am I reading this wrong and pg 2 isn’t missing?
Link
Autopsy report. This is usually confidential/restricted.

Exactly. We're all looking at her actions with the knowledge that 4 people had been murdered. She had no reason to know anyone was dead. So a door dash delivery has just happened, people have been coming home, she hears some snippets of conversations, and then opens her door to see what's going on, a man passes by her. She probably figures things are finally going to quiet down, locks her door and goes back to sleep.
Except that they put in the affidavit that she was in a ‘frozen shock phase’ so to me that means she knew this was bad.

Curious to hear everyone’s thoughts now about whether or not they think BK could have previous crimes.

I thought he probably would have, but now, he’s so sloppy I can’t imagine he’s done this before, he’d have been caught, most likely. I know this depends on a few things. But still, I’m thinking this was his first time.
I agree that it's highly unlikely. For someone that is considered extremely smart, the murders look like they were committed by someone who has no experience with crimes whatsoever.

Okay, but all they can prove is that the knife was his and his car was in the area often, and D claims to have seen him in the house with a mask on. He can claim the knife was stolen and that he liked to drive around a lot and that D saw someone else, someone who is 5'10, not 6 feet tall like he is. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Yep, he can claim all that - if he takes the stand. He would have to take the stand. Otherwise, it'll just be his attorney's conjecture (over and over for days, until the jury is rolling their collective eyes).

He ought to have reported his knife stolen when it was stolen and certainly contacted the police once he knew the crime involved a Ka-Bar style knife. He's a criminologist and a criminal justice master's.

He apparently did not drive around that particular house (in a circle, 4X) every night - just that night. He turns his phone off before he gets to the house, turns it back on a little while after the crime is committed.

He'd have to say when he noticed the knife was stolen and admit to owning one. Then he'd have to explain why no one else's DNA is on it (his DNA was on the snap closure for the sheath and if someone else's DNA was also there, it would have taken more days for them to get the results). So someone steals his knife (did they break in to his car? his apartment? why didn't he report it?)

He can do all of that and it will be utterly unconvincing. He goes BACK to the scene a few hours later. Why? No one knew a crime had been committed there. He's just randomly going in circles around that house for some time, has been to the neighborhood before, and then GOES BACK? Without knowing a crime has been committed there? That's what I want to hear him explain.

He had to have known that he left that sheath behind somewhere. I imagine he tore his car apart hoping and praying that it fell off in there somehow and not on the way in the house, in the house or on the way out of the house. Can you imagine his panic. You have to hate yourself. What a dumb mistake. Ka Bar needs a better way to fasten the sheaths to clothing?
I'm not convinced he didn't leave it on purpose. Sick, sick man!

Affidavit: On Aug 21, #BryanKohberger phone utilized cell towers near #Idaho4 murders home from 10:34 to 11:35 pm. At 11:37 is when the traffic stop happened as mentioned earlier.
https://twitter.com/cathyrusson
Interesting. Wonder where the towers are?

Yesterday, I saw he was pulled over, on the "main drag" in Moscow, about a mile or so from 1122 King Rd, so I couldn't read anything into it.

I'm guessing he'll claim the sheath had been stolen from him, or he lost it, prior to the killings. "The sheath may have been there, with my DNA still on it, but I was not there."

They stole my sheath and my car for a few hours before returning it to me. Credit to them if they can find a single juror who believes that.

Edit: I don’t know how I ended up on page 7, apologies you probably hadn’t seen the whole report.

I just don’t understand why she wouldn’t have called the police then. If I saw a man in a mask inside my house, I sure as poo would do like she did, lock myself in my room, but my next step would be to call the police.
Could be that the release of the "911 call" was to intentionally throw off BK. If he saw DM see him, he maybe thought she could recognise it. So they changed the time and circumstance of the 911 call to throw BK off. Does that make any sense?

I would sure think so. Sounds like he was wearing ordinary dark clothing and there *were* footprints in blood around the house (although the one outside D's door had to be found with forensic techniques). Nevertheless, there's victim DNA on the pedals of his car, IMO. It cannot be destroyed with regular cleaning, only reduced and getting it out of the upholstery would be even more difficult (or the carpet). Presumably, his mask and his knife were discarded somewhere on that long route that he took back to Pullman, but they too were in the car (the trunk?) and the mask would almost certainly be bloody (maybe not blood soaked, but bloody).

Maybe he put plastic down in his car, but I don't see how he could have avoided his foot touching the pedals. It has a manual transmission. He left so quickly after the crime, I don't think he tried at all to clean off his feet (wearing Van's, apparently, no mention of him wearing a bootie)
Postal packing tape would protect the pedals and not leave a lot of gunk behind when he pulled it off.

Clearly (and thank goodness), BK is not nearly half as brilliant as his former professor at DeSales thought he was
  • He seemed unaware that images/video of his vehicle would likely be found on surrounding surveillance.
  • He returned to the scene later that morning (in the same vehicle).
  • He apparently cased the area several times with his cellphone turned on and in the same vehicle he used the night of the murders. So, he seemed unaware that LE would be looking at cellphone patterns in that area and at surveillance on nights other than the night of the murders.
  • He did not leave his cellphone home the night of the murders.
  • He left his knife sheath at the scene with his DNA on it.
  • He left a surviving witness (thank God).
No way he had an accomplice because this is definitely not "two heads are better than one" thinking.

Even if he had slept thru most of "criminology 101" he would be aware of "the camera on every house, business and corner" IMO. That includes his returning to the murder house, casing the area, what his cell would show under examination. HE WAS AWARE OF ALL THESE THINGS. I don't have an answer for him leaving all these bread crumbs. He perfectly set himself up to become the suspect. I could guess that he had some kind of psychotic break but I'm not feeling that. The sheath being left at the scene and not any other proof he was there(as far as we know at this point)kinda betrays it being left there thru carelessness. Unless he totally lost it, I have no idea why this ghastly event has played out the way it has......waiting to hear what his defense is, if he has one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea