ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
The young women he killed were all exceptionally attractive. I can't help but wonder if incel-style resentment wasn't part of the reason he targeted them. MOO.

I can understand that POV, but how did he find them? Did he often drive around UofI looking at girls and finding out where they live? That's the kind of stuff that I hope comes out about this.

Fully speculation, but young people are terrified to call the police if they are drunk or high underage. I know it seems counterintuitive when the stakes are so high, but I had my car broken into when I was 19 and never called the police until the morning because I was high and drunk when I heard the break in that night. I'm not saying it's logical, just saying that when you're young sometimes you don't fully understand how little cops care about you drunk when the actual crime is this severe.

Clearly (and thank goodness), BK is not nearly half as brilliant as his former professor at DeSales thought he was
  • He seemed unaware that images/video of his vehicle would likely be found on surrounding surveillance.
  • He returned to the scene later that morning (in the same vehicle).
  • He apparently cased the area several times with his cellphone turned on and in the same vehicle he used the night of the murders. So, he seemed unaware that LE would be looking at cellphone patterns in that area and at surveillance on nights other than the night of the murders.
  • He did not leave his cellphone home the night of the murders.
  • He left his knife sheath at the scene with his DNA on it.
  • He left a surviving witness (thank God).
No way he had an accomplice because this is definitely not "two heads are better than one" thinking.
Plus the bloody shoe print outside DM's door.

I cannot stress this enough; folks please familiarize yourself with the emergency (911, family) capabilities of your smartphone/watch, practice them, activate them & encourage those you love to do the same.
i DESPISE the fact that when you hold down your lock button on the iphone to dial 911, it's a LOUD siren. Would alert anyone if you were trying to do it quietly.

Exactly.

Simply hearing crying or distorted emotional noises wouldn't be unusual of any college student, especially one living at this residence. And I can easily see how having so many others in the house would add to the false sense of security.

It would not be hard for a tired, very possibly intoxicated student to shrug off whatever sounds are emanating from the rest of the house, and say "screw it" and retreat to the safety of your room and let it go. Throw in the fact there was just a DoorDash delivery and that's another easy reason to convince yourself everything is fine and the noise is just noise.
She saw a masked man all dressed in black exit the sliding door and walk right past her after she heard her roommate say someones here then begin to cry then a make voice say it’s ok I’ll help you and she must have heard the barking dog and the thud if the ring camera next door heard it.

Again, I’m not faulting her for not calling 911 immediately. It likely all happened so fast. Probably took her a while to figure out what was going on. But once she saw a MASKED male all in black leave the sliding door and walk right past her (not walk to a car - I’m assuming he parked at the intersection of the streets from the affidavit) she had to have been like wuuuut?

The young women he killed were all exceptionally attractive. I can't help but wonder if incel-style resentment wasn't part of the reason he targeted them. MOO.
100 %.
Something very wrong with this perp and who knows how far back this went ?
Possibly undetected by his own family ?
They can't be blamed for not getting him help if they didn't know how deeply twisted he'd become ?
Sometimes an adult will refuse help and there's not much the rest of the family can do to help them !
M00.

Curious to hear everyone’s thoughts now about whether or not they think BK could have previous crimes.

I thought he probably would have, but now, he’s so sloppy I can’t imagine he’s done this before, he’d have been caught, most likely. I know this depends on a few things. But still, I’m thinking this was his first time.

I don't understand why DM didn't call the police and why he let her go after he had just killed 4 people she said he just walked out. Bizarre

Can he claim he touched the knife sheath in a store, how long does DNA last?
IMO he probably ran out of strength after allegedly stabbing 4 people to death, so he just left?

It also, as others have pointed out, the records allegedly showed that he returned to the scene of the crime the following morning at around 9am. This was I believe before the emergency services had been called. If the perp did return, he must have been quite surprised, and perhaps calmed by the lack of activity as if it were a dream.
Maybe he was hoping that the sheath was dropped outside somewhere where he originally parked and he could recover it quickly.

He had to have known that he left that sheath behind somewhere. I imagine he tore his car apart hoping and praying that it fell off in there somehow and not on the way in the house, in the house or on the way out of the house. Can you imagine his panic. You have to hate yourself. What a dumb mistake. Ka Bar needs a better way to fasten the sheaths to clothing?
Wasn’t his only mistake though, he made so many it’s hard to believe!

I’m so nauseous reading this. It’s so much worse than we thought. They were awake, they knew. The doggy did his part and barked. I can’t even fathom DM standing there. Worse than a horror movie. As the expression goes, any crime, there are 50 ways to mess it up. You think of 25 of them, and you’re a genius. Thankfully, he was no genius. Their friends and families. Thinking of them reading this. I don’t know how you ever go to sleep at night anymore envisioning what happened to your loved one. Those survivors will need lifelong therapy.

I'm not sure she even realized at the time that there was reason for alarm: there's no suggestion that she saw blood, or a weapon.

If you're living in a house with a number of other students, who entertain friends (and take food deliveries) at all hours, it might not be that unusual to hear someone crying in the night, or to open your door at 4am and see someone you don't recognize. She may simply have peeked out the door -- half-asleep and annoyed at the noises that kept waking her up -- thinking, "oh great, who's guest is this?" and then closed it, locked it, and gone back to bed, figuring she'd ask her roommates about later, if at all. She may even have thought she was overreacting by locking the door. I suspect it was easy to reassure herself that everything was okay when there were so many other people in the house (safety in numbers - it would be absolutely nonsensical for someone to break in with so many potential witnesses! and it was...), each had a phone, some of them were awake, and she hadn't heard anyone scream, yell for "help," or otherwise try and raise an alarm. (MOO -- and I think her statement that she was frozen "in shock" may have been a projection of how she felt once she knew what he'd actually been doing in the house. If she was truly shocked/scared in the moment, I think, as others have suggested, that she'd have summoned LE much more quickly.)
Exactly. We're all looking at her actions with the knowledge that 4 people had been murdered. She had no reason to know anyone was dead. So a door dash delivery has just happened, people have been coming home, she hears some snippets of conversations, and then opens her door to see what's going on, a man passes by her. She probably figures things are finally going to quiet down, locks her door and goes back to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea