ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, you’re right, I can see that. I’m from the UK so I would assume single as in single bed. It’s interesting how one word can mean something different to each individual, makes for good discussions
OT I'm learning that. Daughters BF is from the UK.

@kittythehare
The thread closed before I could respond to you. Here's a screengrab from below. It's not good quality but it shows what about where to look. The link starts at 7:10 and the man walks out of the lower LH corner around 7:19. He's alone, strides across the field. I think it's him, but that's solely my speculation. Mostly based on the vid from his grad walk.

Memorial video starts at 7:10

Attachments

• MemorialPerpPossible.jpg
    MemorialPerpPossible.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 74
I know there is speculation that BK returned in search of the sheath…
I think he returned because he’d probably been checking the news/social media all night and didn’t see anything reported.. depending on his mental state, he may well have questioned reality (did I actually do that?) or been so curious as to why this wasn’t making the news that he had to go and see himself.
I think BK seen DM and I think he chose to leave her alive, could be a sick game, could be that he seen her on their social media and liked something about her... God knows.

Well I don't see how his defense attorney can explain away his DNA on the knife cover with any creditable explanation?

You could explain his DNA being present in the house if he was there at a party for example. Or even if it was under one of the females fingernails or on there bodies he could claim he meant them somewhere and had a sexual relationship with one of them as in a one night stand. Those circumstances you could at least come up with a explanation that could be plausible.

But his DNA being on the knife cover I don't see how that can be explained away?

Thoughts?
That is what I was saying, but many were railing against DNA as being insufficient.

Pure speculation but reading the PCA, I think he went upstairs first. DM reported hearing KG's dog "playing around" first and then later reported hearing someone say "there's a man here."

I think BK went upstairs first and killed the girls. I think X noticed BK somehow and said to E, "there's a man here." Then BK came downstairs and was confronted by X or E and killed them both. I think it's more likely DM heard someone on the second floor say "there's a man here" than all the way from the third floor while the dog was making noise.

The PCA says K and M had "visible stab wounds" that the officer himself noticed. The PCA says that X and E were stabbed too as determined by the autopsy. I read that to mean K and M may have had worse injuries, and were laying out in the open, while X and E were killed but laying down and it was less obvious.

The PCA jives with the original story we heard that the roommate thought someone was "passed out." If X and E were face down with their injuries under them, less severe than upstairs, I see how that could be possible.

JMO, obviously a lot of mental leaps.

Mr G opined that K started out in her own room and ran in to help M, thereby ending up on top of her and more visibly bloody. At least, that's how I interpreted his interview(s). Even his first interview seems to contain a kernel of this. In that scenario, K would have been the one to scream, quickly silenced (and the source of the most blood as well, and also a good reason for him to forget the sheath).

That is hearsay and we do NOT know that he was an addict. He may have used it occasionally and his parents may have discovered his usage and sent him to rehab but again that is hearsay, not fact at this point and it occurred 12 years ago, if true.
Nor does it constitute OCD in any shape or form.
he already testified on his initial hearing that he was not receiving any medication.

Actually, he said he was not *taking* any medication, not that he hadn't been prescribed or received any. No need to bend so far in the other direction. I always take the views of victims (including the family members of murderers) respectfully. None of this was needed for the PCA, though. I do believe his mistakes are evidence of the kind of mind that hyperfocuses and doesn't laterally attend to problems outside the "track" it is on (just look at that ping map a few posts above mine).

Interesting, you’re probably right. In the UK we call a twin bed, a single bed. I also initially thought it meant single as in twin, but more likely to mean singular.
I thought it meant single as in size. Interesting difference between US and UK there - thanks whoever pointed that out.

Yeah, you’re right, I can see that. I’m from the UK so I would assume single as in single bed. It’s interesting how one word can mean something different to each individual, makes for good discussions
OT I'm learning that. Daughters BF is from the UK.

@kittythehare
The thread closed before I could respond to you. Here's a screengrab from below. It's not good quality but it shows what about where to look. The link starts at 7:10 and the man walks out of the lower LH corner around 7:19. He's alone, strides across the field. I think it's him, but that's solely my speculation. Mostly based on the vid from his grad walk.

Memorial video starts at 7:10
There used to be members here who could harvest sharp imagery from film clips.
Can anybody do it?
worth a look.

Still trying to comprehend this:

A 4:00am Doordash Delivery.

Suspect car spotted entering the area 4:04am (you have to give him a few mintues to park car and get out etc)

A security camera near the home picked up the sound of a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog was also heard barking numerous times starting at 4.17am.

BK car spotted leaving area at 4:20am (at high rate of spead).

That gave him approx 9 mins to do what he did???

I can't fathom this???

(all moo)

Last edited:
I stated this on another post, another viewpoint is it’s college life, how many unannounced guest came and went from that house? Another poster commented that if it was a Covid type mask (The description was a mask that covered his mouth and nose so sounds like a Covid mask not a ski mask) that in itself is not alarming or suggestive of criminal activity. Yes, she was startled by the presence of an unexpected person but again is that the first time that that has happened? Did her hearing, it’s OK I’m here to help, make her think the situation was being handled and her intervention was not necessary? She thought one of the roommates was playing with the dog, again that doesn’t suggest foul play. doorDash was delivered moments before the murders putting the meal delivery in the 3:45 AM range, normal middle of the night activity for this house so not unusual? I know it’s not common for delivery drivers to come in the house but again college life, college kids, did she just think it was a delivery person or a friend of one of the roommates who made the delivery, or the roommates brought someone home? I don’t think you can view her from the same lens/thought pattern as an adult who is always checking on children or others if hearing any type of noise etc. I don’t think her mind would necessarily go to the thought that possible harm was being done to her roommates. MOO
Yes. Let's add in that all of these young people are at that age where one considers themselves invincible. They hear a bump in the night...and they turn their airpods up. I hear one (53), and I can be almost certain that someone is in my home ready to rob and kill me. Young people have a different mindset. I'm envious of that at times. I was blissfully unaware during my college days, as I think most people are.

Additionally, to my knowledge, there was no reference of any major crime activity occurring in the area. There was no reason for she, or anyone else, to be overly cautious.

Put yourself inside your own head at 20 (ish) during a football/homecoming weekend at your school or university. You see a dude in passing in your hallway. You likely wouldn't assume he's a murderer, but instead a friend of one of your roomies.

I don't know. Juries are composed of reasonable people who like to understand why people do the things they do.

I hope the state gets DM into therapy, rehab, and comes up with a sympathetic story before this goes to trial if it does. It is obviously tragic but it's also weird and you don't want weird for a key witness. You want relatable and sympathetic.
I suspect the truth, whatever it is, is already a highly sympathetic story.

We don’t have a clue what was happening during that timeframe. Granted, it’s a mystery, and that will (and obviously is) foster all kinds of speculation. My heart hurts for this young woman, and I just want the entire universe to not make it even more difficult that it is for her. I understand human nature is to wonder, but I don’t know if I could even handle what she’s been through up until now, much less additional speculation. There’s a reason, and we’ll all find out eventually. I could cry thinking about her situation.

Mods - please remove if this is not allowed:
Another thought I had. I find it interesting that LE found a sheath to the knife because in one of the online discussions, the online persona had an intense discussion about the killer leaving a sheath behind at the murder scene.

Based on the information in the PCA: It seems that M was killed first (if that is where he took his knife out of the sheath). 2) K would probably have been second based on proximity. 3) X would have been third, since she was found in the hallway. I wonder if she was coming back from getting her Door Dash food. 4) E was killed 4th. I wonder if E woke up or he was killed in his sleep.

So, I wonder if M was the target and K, X and E were collateral damage?
This makes me think that as M was being killed, K woke up/walked in and was trying to defend M. I remember it being mentioned that she had more traumatic wounds and that made people surmise SHE was the target. But maybe she was defending her friend.

Still trying to comprehend this:

A 4:00am Doordash Delivery.

Suspect car spotted entering the area 4:04am (you have to give him a few mintues to park car and get out etc)

A security camera near the home picked up the sound of a whimper followed by a loud thud. A dog was also heard barking numerous times starting at 4.17am.

BK car spotted leaving area at 4:20am (at high rate of spead).

That gave him approx 9 mins to do what he did???

I can't fathom this???
Me neither

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads