ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 53

Status
Not open for further replies.
There likely were multiple prints, but the only print relevant to the PCA is the one that backs up D's testimony that he walked right past her door. Full stop. PCA's don't usually throw in all the evidence, just what is deemed needed to get an arrest. Which is as it should be. The rest of the evidence comes out during discovery (and all of the evidence already collected must now be given to Ms Taylor and her team, and the defendant gets to see it all too). Little by little, drop by drop.

In this case, I think Ms Taylor is just going to be shaking her head in disbelief as it all comes in. She did not play the "supporting attorney" role in court during his appearance and in fact, stands up and turns her back to him while a man (an officer? another attorney?) steps in between them and the guards walk BK out of the room. There's a man in a business suit, I believe, in between Ms Taylor and her client. She is not doing the "I'm a woman and I think he's harmless" thing in court. I like her.

I believe it says the footprint was outside D's door.

From the PCA

//The detected shoe print showed a diamond-shaped pattern (similar to the pattem of a Vans type shoe sole) just outside the door of D.M.'s bedroom (located on second floor ). This is consistent with D.M.'s statement regarding the suspect's path of travel//. Emphasis mine.

And note that it doesn't say "outside her door" but "just outside" her door. The common meaning of that phrase is "very near D's door," which is why it is in the section corroborating her memory and her experience.
Thanks 10's. I read too fast. Responded too fast.

In regard to him leaving sheath. Is it possible while fighting for her life, M grabbed onto it and it fell to floor without BK being aware?
On another note, poor DM if she has to testify . Defense will rip her apart. Im sure that they will ask her if she had been drinking or doing some kind of drug thst night. Then theres her lapse of time before calling LE. Im sure they will make her look like she made this up as why wouldnt she have called. She will be traumitized twice.
Defense would have to tread lightly imo. Juries are not going to like them ripping her apart, moo

Defense would have to tread lightly imo. Juries are not going to like them ripping her apart, moo
I don't know. Juries are composed of reasonable people who like to understand why people do the things they do.

I hope the state gets DM into therapy, rehab, and comes up with a sympathetic story before this goes to trial if it does. It is obviously tragic but it's also weird and you don't want weird for a key witness. You want relatable and sympathetic.

My biggest question is how the police could almost immediately say they think there is no danger to the community after an unknown knife murderer just killed 4 people?
I agree. That was clearly not a justified statement by the police at that time. The killings may have indeed appeared targeted to them at the time, but anyone that is capable of doing that is most certainly a danger to the public.

100% agree. The problem here is a cognitive isse. We are applying the benefit of hindsight. We know a gruesome murder just occurred. She does not know any such thing in that moment. Judging her actions in any way is wrongly projecting onto her what she should have expected, thought, surmised -- when she did not have the information we have.
Totally agree. I can say that in a post-covid world even as someone who is overtly cautious, if I was in a party house and saw someone with a mask covering their nose and mouth heading for the door, I might freeze.. and then think, they’re leaving, I’ll close my door and lock it. There were no screams and no indication to her from what we know that people had been murdered or harmed in anyway. (It was extremely difficult for most on here to get their head around 1 person murdering 4 people in that timeframe without making a lot of noise, yet now people are expecting DM to have foresight? No…)

They reiterated that they didn’t have a suspect when they did
They stuck with murders occurring between 3am-4am when they had evidence to the contrary
They said the surviving roommates were asleep and didn‘t wake until later that day
From the top of my head…
All with good reason so as not to tip BK off.
good summery. thank you

They took that door handle into evidence. But it's not mentioned in the PCA.

Many ways to think about that. If he wore two pairs of gloves (nitrile/latex plus heavier gloves), then he peels off the outer gloves before he makes his exit (putting them in the pockets of his jacket). His sheathless knife might have remained in his hand, though. But if he was thinking clearly at all, he stuck it in an inner pocket of his jacket, probably worrying that he'd cut his own self.
Good thinking, this makes sense!

Yeah, you’re right, I can see that. I’m from the UK so I would assume single as in single bed. It’s interesting how one word can mean something different to each individual, makes for good discussions
It has two meanings here also.

Single bed in the PCA likely means there was one bed in the room. (Establishing where the crime was committed)

It could be very likely this is also single sized bed, but the size of the bed isn't relevant to the case.

So, it could be both. (The beds were more than likely single sized due to the size of the rooms.)

Yeah, you’re right, I can see that. I’m from the UK so I would assume single as in single bed. It’s interesting how one word can mean something different to each individual, makes for good discussions
I think of single, double, queen, king. Apologies for my confusion. I probably got the twin idea from that home walkthrough someone posted earlier that identified Bedroom 3A as Madison Mogen's room, and the room shows a twin bed.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 5.28.26 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-05 at 5.28.26 PM.png
    734 KB · Views: 59
I think the poster means why he picked them to stalk and murder can not be understood by most people because there is no understanding. The BTK killer picked random victims stalked them before committing the crimes. There are numerous crimes where the assailant, for some unknown reason, gets obsessed and fixated on their victim that they do not even know. We hear of it happening to celebrities quite often, but also happens to “regular” people. We may find out though that there had been some interaction between him and one of the victims.
BTK did have his "projects" that he stalked prior to the murders, but he also killed randomly when his project evaded him and he was already worked up and planning to kill. Sadly, this is how Shirley Vian became a victim. She wasn't a project, but when the project wasn't home he felt the urge to kill so strongly he found a substitute

Totally agree. I can say that in a post-covid world even as someone who is overtly cautious, if I was in a party house and saw someone with a mask covering their nose and mouth heading for the door, I might freeze.. and then think, they’re leaving, I’ll close my door and lock it. There were no screams and no indication to her from what we know that people had been murdered or harmed in anyway. (It was extremely difficult for most on here to get their head around 1 person murdering 4 people in that timeframe without making a lot of noise, yet now people are expecting DM to have foresight? No…)
It's unbelievable how fast he killed four people. Certainly no intent to do anything other than kill these people.

Maybe he picked that house because it was so dark outside. We have seen several bodycams of police approaching the house and can see the house was pitch dark with no outside lights. The apartments next door have porch/front lights seen in bodycams and news videos.

A house that dark would be easy to walk up on with no lights, no one could see you in dark clothing.

JMO
He was targeting the women not the house IMO

Totally guessing here but if D heard K playing with her dog in her room then maybe K had intended to sleep in her own room. She hears noise across the hall in Maddie’s room and goes to investigate. MOO

So I’d say order was M, K, E, X

JMO
This doesn’t account for the dog barking beginning at 04:17 though imo

Edited: removed part of incorrect reply
Question... so does it sound to anyone else like BK knew beforehand which rooms were X and M's? Sure sounds like he didn't even look in on DM's room. And X's room isn't exactly right by the slider.
I was actually wondering if maybe he’d gotten into the house before when nobody was there. Moo

Playing devil's advocate for a moment, if I were the defense I would wonder why there
Was DNA found only on the button on the sheath--since it was a bloody scene why
Isnt there more blood found on the sheath?
I completely agree that was the first thing I thought! He must have cleaned it off/wiped it because there were no fingerprints at all or anything else on it. And wouldn't he have noticed right away that it was missing?
I definitely think he's the guy - I just think a really good defense atty could absolutely argue reasonable doubt with all of evidence in the affidavit. Hopefully they find trace evidence in the elantra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500