NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Channel 9’s Dave Faherty spent Friday in the mountains of Madison County, where sources told him deputies had spotted Diana Cojocari near Lonesome Mountain. She was seen at a pull-off area west of Marshall when a deputy stopped to check on her.

People in the area told Faherty both the State Bureau of Investigation and Cornelius police had been out there twice during the last 10 days, even knocking on doors and showing pictures of Diana and Madalina Cojocari. Neighbors said they spotted SBI agents and police with search dogs along Lonesome Mountain Road.

Genevieve Curtis
@GenevieveonT
#NEW Detectives say the search and investigation to find Madalina Cojocari has expanded to Madison County. Anyone with information there is asked to call police or the FBI

wsoctv.com
Madalina Cojocari investigation: Police looking for witnesses in Madison County

DC has quite a few videos posted on FB. A common theme was the outdoors - hiking, meditating, "accepting your inner violence". etc. In one or two of the pool videos, Madalina can be seen in the background. She's there but seems almost invisible to DC. I didn't see or hear Madalina in any other video.

One thing that some of this proves is that DC was not a prisoner in the home. She had a phone, was making videos, outside of the home during the day and posting on social media. She appears to be alone much of the time. She was outside of the house at multiple times and in different locations - neighborhood pool, Lake Norman and those hiking trails could easily be Asheville/Madison County.

IMO, DC and CP were together out of sheer desperation. Neither had a lot of other options and both wanted some sort of normalcy. I don't know specifics about CP's background but DC seemed like a nutjob to begin with. Maybe CP and Madalina were forming a connection (not sexual) that DC was jealous of.

The mother in me doesn't see a mother in her. Watch her videos if you haven't. I don't hear fear in her voice at all. Even if you can't understand the language of most, you still get a vibe and it's not a good one.

Last edited:
So in todays poster, the necklace seen on MC before appears more clear. What also seems interesting, is that it almost seems as if DC is wearing the matching earrings in the photos on that poster. Is it me?
I think you are correct. They (DC‘s earrings & MC‘s necklace) appear to be part of a matched set.
good eye!

DC has quite a few videos posted on FB. A common theme was the outdoors - hiking, meditating, "accepting your inner violence". etc. In one or two of the pool videos, Madalina can be seen in the background. She's there but seems almost invisible to DC. I didn't see or hear Madalina in any other video.

One thing that some of this proves is that DC was not a prisoner in the home. She had a phone, was making videos, outside of the home during the day and posting on social media. She appears to be alone much of the time. She was outside of the house at multiple times and in different locations - neighborhood pool, Lake Norman and those hiking trails could easily be Asheville/Madison County.

IMO, DC and CP were together out of sheer desperation. Neither had a lot of other options and both wanted some sort of normalcy. I don't know specifics about CP's background but DC seemed like a nutjob to begin with. Maybe CP and Madalina were forming a connection (not sexual) that DC was jealous of. The mother in me doesn't see a mother in her. Watch her videos if you haven't. I don't hear fear in her voice at all. Even if you can't understand the language of most, you still get a vibe and it's not a good one.
You bolder it so I don’t need to. 100% this. I looked at her page and even moms who don’t want their children’s faces exposed to social media have more mentions of their children then she does. The only place I recall her noting Madalinas name is on the horse photo, calling her Madi.

IMO your thought process makes sense although I don't know if DC is trying to frame CP or if she's actually implicating him and he really did do something bad. IOW is she fiendishly clever and doing her best to take the focus off herself or is she trying to communicate that he really did cause Madalina's disappearance? I dunno.

But in any case it's clear to me that notwithstanding her vague and passive statements (wanted to avoid conflict, husband put the family in danger) her timeline shoots a guilty arrow directly at CP. Ignoring possible conflicts between November 22 and 23:

She reported that Madalina went to bed around 10 pm Wednesday, November 23. That same night she and CP argued. Thursday morning CP left the house. Early afternoon (approximately 11:30 am/12 pm) DC checked on Madalina and found her missing, along with her backpack and some clothes.

So, kid goes to bed, dad leaves the house, kid's gone the next morning. Says mom. Interesting IMO that LE hasn't said much in msm about that but instead they've been stressing how *both* parents are holding back important information. To me that implies there's more that LE hasn't yet shared and they're not ready to let either one off the hook. JMO.

bbm
Agreed.
I think LE are way ahead of the rest of us.

So sad, I don't see a scenario where Madalina could be alive.
Imo.

Odd that mom would not have a cell phone considering the grandfather said she would call when the husband was not around. If the husband was not around, one would assume his cell phone would be with him not her? If the thought is that the husband/stepfather was controlling and therefore would not allow her to have a cell phone, why would he then give her his phone and then leave?

VOIP #? Skype on computer? Secret burner cell phone?

Family of missing Madalina Cojocari, 11, breaks silence with heartbreaking note
Maybe a good old fashioned lane line. We still have one, lol! Use it for faxes.

Channel 9’s Dave Faherty spent Friday in the mountains of Madison County, where sources told him deputies had spotted Diana Cojocari near Lonesome Mountain. She was seen at a pull-off area west of Marshall when a deputy stopped to check on her.

People in the area told Faherty both the State Bureau of Investigation and Cornelius police had been out there twice during the last 10 days, even knocking on doors and showing pictures of Diana and Madalina Cojocari. Neighbors said they spotted SBI agents and police with search dogs along Lonesome Mountain Road.

Genevieve Curtis
@GenevieveonT
#NEW Detectives say the search and investigation to find Madalina Cojocari has expanded to Madison County. Anyone with information there is asked to call police or the FBI

wsoctv.com
Madalina Cojocari investigation: Police looking for witnesses in Madison County
According to the video in this link, M was not seen with DC when a deputy stopped to check on DC at a pull off near Lonesome Mountain Rd in Madison County. I could not find a police blotter for the Sheriff’s office, so still no way to narrow down the date for this stop.

One of the locals interviewed for the piece appears to be the proprietor of Lonesome Mountain Market and Rentals, northwest of Marshall and about a mile southeast of Walnut Gap, where the turnoff to Lonesome Mountain Road is. Will be taking a ride in the Google car to see where DC might have been parked at a “pull off.” Maybe a trailhead or a place for slow vehicles to pull over while climbing?

In my opinion only, it may very well be that each of these "parents" are responsible for different crimes. I'm beginning to think that DC killed Madalina and that CP was involved in some other heinous acts. Each has something bad to hide, so they havent turned on each other yet. But eventually they either will or LE will gather enough evidence that it won't matter. However it turns out, sadly another child is lost to insanity. JMO.

I see the suggestion that a missing child may have been hidden for protection on many threads, but can anyone give me examples of when this has actually happened?. Because I can't think of a single one from the cases I've followed on here.
Elizabeth Morgan comes to mind. She spent 25 months in jail for contempt of court for refusing to reveal the location of her 5 year old daughter. She had hidden the child to protect her from visitation with her allegedly abusive father. The judge refused to let her out of jail until she told. But she never did. Elizabeth was finally released after a law was passed limiting jail time for contempt of court to 12 months. Here's a link.

Edit: Child was 5 years old, not 7.

Last edited:
I see the suggestion that a missing child may have been hidden for protection on many threads, but can anyone give me examples of when this has actually happened?. Because I can't think of a single one from the cases I've followed on here.
I have followed missing child cases for years and years. I have never seen nor heard of one in which a child was "hidden" for protection. When parents spoke of "hiding M", I believe it is their chosen word usage for getting rid of M...my opinion only.

Elizabeth Morgan comes to mind. She spent 25 months in jail for contempt of court for refusing to reveal the location of her 7 year old daughter. She had hidden the child to protect her from visitation with her allegedly abusive father. The judge refused to let her out of jail until she told. But she never did. Elizabeth was finally released after a law was passed limiting jail time for contempt of court to 12 months. Here's a link.

So that's just the one case then in 30+ years?..

According to the video in this link, M was not seen with DC when a deputy stopped to check on DC at a pull off near Lonesome Mountain Rd in Madison County. I could not find a police blotter for the Sheriff’s office, so still no way to narrow down the date for this stop.

One of the locals interviewed for the piece appears to be the proprietor of Lonesome Mountain Market and Rentals, northwest of Marshall and about a mile southeast of Walnut Gap, where the turnoff to Lonesome Mountain Road is. Will be taking a ride in the Google car to see where DC might have been parked at a “pull off.” Maybe a trailhead or a place for slow vehicles to pull over while climbing?
I am guessing DC must familiar with this area in Madison County to be spending time alone up there. Wonder if DC took this trip to Madison County at the same time CP took his trip to MI?...my opinion only.

Looks like the Google car did not take Lonesome Mountain Road. Looking at satellite view, there are some shoulders that could be construed as “turn offs.” No businesses that I could see, one little church, and only a few residences close to the road, so camera footage seems unlikely, but maybe someone caught the Prius?

D T Ramsey Lumber company, situated across the highway from Lonesome Mountain Road may have cameras. The business also appears to have a narrow “lane” leading downhill from the parking lot and toward a creek. 220AC2F2-B7D1-4C96-AD0F-58D95D8EFBF5.jpeg

I am guessing DC must familiar with this area in Madison County to be spending time alone up there. Wonder if DC took this trip to Madison County at the same time CP took his trip to MI?...my opinion only.
I haven’t looked much at DC’s SM but know some here have. Does anyone recall trips to the Asheville area? Hiking? Horseback riding? It does seem like it should be an area familiar to her imo.

Still waiting for release of redacted search warrants...my opinion only

Sydney Heiberger QCNews
@SydneyHeiberger
19h

The judge who ordered the seal of the #MadalinaCojocari search warrants has now ordered them partially unsealed because the public already knows some of the information in them. We can now expect to see a redacted search warrant with information that has already been released

Elizabeth Morgan comes to mind. She spent 25 months in jail for contempt of court for refusing to reveal the location of her 5 year old daughter. She had hidden the child to protect her from visitation with her allegedly abusive father. The judge refused to let her out of jail until she told. But she never did. Elizabeth was finally released after a law was passed limiting jail time for contempt of court to 12 months. Here's a link.

Edit: Child was 5 years old, not 7.
I remember that case, this article has info, and no pay wall: https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...eak-man/d2c4fffb-8d16-455e-9c58-08947ee4c29f/

I have followed missing child cases for years and years. I have never seen nor heard of one in which a child was "hidden" for protection. When parents spoke of "hiding M", I believe it is their chosen word usage for getting rid of M...my opinion only.
I recall reading about Faye Yager and her underground, but a guardian had to go with the child, and I share your belief that they got rid of M. Faye: How Faye Yager Operated Her 'Children of the Underground' Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoofer2024