NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the suggestion that a missing child may have been hidden for protection on many threads, but can anyone give me examples of when this has actually happened?. Because I can't think of a single one from the cases I've followed on here.

I think of parental abduction cases. For example, JoJo Morales:

Bbm. Apologies if this is a dumb question, has there been confirmation Madalina's mother has/had a cell phone?

Yes, in the motion to seal the records, it states:

"CPD and the SBI continue to conduct their investigation and has obtained search
warrants for T-Mobile Call Detail Records associated with the defendants, search
warrants for the defendant’s home, and a search warrant for Christopher Palmiter’s
mobile device

It doesn't say DC doesn't have a phone, it clearly states the search warrant was for call records for BOTH of them, but the warrant for the physical phone, was just for CP. Call records for both of them through T-Mobile means, she DID have a phone, at some point. Maybe she trashed it, who knows.

That said, the judge has already stated there's a load of info in those warrants that might jeopordize the case so I'll be surprised if the decision is reversed.

jmo

I have, and I can attest, it's genuinely rancid. I'd never do it again, that's for sure.

I highly suspect burning cat pee damaged furniture was not what was happening.

jmo

I cannot imagine the smell of a cat-pee soaked sofa burning. I also don't think that's why they were doing it.

Where I live, the waste disposal company will pick up old sofas, but you have to call and ask them to bring the "big truck" and then you have to completely wrap it in plastic and put the cushions in garbage bags. That is certainly less hassle (and smell!) than burning it, unless it was covered in something you didn't want other people to see...

Re DC's phone, I wonder if she might have already been asked to surrender it and handed it over at that time. IDK but wouldn't that be the easiest way for LE to get info and access, just asking for it before having to get warrants?

As far as the fire, I'd be interested to know if they'd ever burned anything in their backyard before, if it was something they normally did (I'd guess not). The fire remains shown looked perilously close to the fence to me. In fact, it looked like at least one of the fence pickets was burned.

Last edited:

Her mother, Diana Cojocari, and stepfather, Christopher Palmiter, waited until Dec. 15 to report her missing — and only after a school resource officer and counselor went to the family’s home.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/local/crime/article270847882.html#storylink=cpy

I was under the impression Madalina's mother went to the school (and maybe she did). I didn't realize the SRO and counselor did a home visit.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Law enforcement has confirmed a family member of missing Cornelius 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari was possibly seen in Madison County just before the girl was reported missing.

Cornelius Police Department confirmed a woman appearing to be Diana Cojocari may have been in the area between Nov. 22 and Dec. 15 in Madison County.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - Law enforcement has confirmed a family member of missing Cornelius 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari was possibly seen in Madison County just before the girl was reported missing.

Cornelius Police Department confirmed a woman appearing to be Diana Cojocari may have been in the area between Nov. 22 and Dec. 15 in Madison County.

So this woman that the neighbors say was almost never seen outside, never actually seen WITH Madalina (CP was the one taking her for walks, trick or treating, etc.), was seen burning crap in the back yard after Madalina was last seen, was then off to Madison County for... what, exactly? She allegedly has no family in the area, just her husband and child, and she doesn't work outside the home so, what's the draw in Madison County? Or, would it be more appropriate to say who?

Whoa.

"CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - WBTV will soon be learning a lot more about the search for missing 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari. A Mecklenburg County judge is reversing part of her decision that made certain details in the investigation a secret, like what investigators were searching Madalina’s home for and why."

So this woman that the neighbors say was almost never seen outside, never actually seen WITH Madalina (CP was the one taking her for walks, trick or treating, etc.), was seen burning crap in the back yard after Madalina was last seen, was then off to Madison County for... what, exactly? She allegedly has no family in the area, just her husband and child, and she doesn't work outside the home so, what's the draw in Madison County? Or, would it be more appropriate to say who?
I am getting a very bad vibe about mom. I keep returning to the words spoken between parents about "hiding" Madalina

Did DC take Madalina to Madison County and return home to Cornelius without her?

Whoa.

"CHARLOTTE, N.C. (WBTV) - WBTV will soon be learning a lot more about the search for missing 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari. A Mecklenburg County judge is reversing part of her decision that made certain details in the investigation a secret, like what investigators were searching Madalina’s home for and why."

This is great news, even if we only see redacted versions of the search warrants for now.

I am getting a very bad vibe about mom. I keep returning to the words spoken between parents about "hiding" Madalina

Did DC take Madalina to Madison County and return home to Cornelius without her?
I suspect whatever electronic data they've pulled from that green car, might be doing a lot of talking. Even if Madalina's mom doesn't seem to know how to.

She will unseal certain parts of the search warrants, but just things the public already knows. She will be redacting things like what items were returned to the family after the search was completed.

Judge Archie said she will release a more detailed order later today.

Both Christopher Palmiter and Diana Cojocari’s attorneys were in court. Neither of them wished to speak.

I suspect whatever electronic data they've pulled from that green car, might be doing a lot of talking. Even if Madalina's mom doesn't seem to know how to.
Yes, and I suspect "witnesses" are doing a lot of talking as well.
ETA: DC is no longer scheduled for court date on Jan 9. She is off the court schedule. Wonder what that means.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member