ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been nothing I've seen reported that he was a delivery person, and no one has come out and said they knew about it or received a delivery from him, no.

In the affidavit, it said that the police had identified the Door Dash driver but does NOT state that it is BK. As it seems like something they would include if he was I am assuming he was not.

Based on the way it's written, I agree that I don't believe the driver was him. MOO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107_113642_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20230107_113642_Drive.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 10
The program he was in would have allowed him an upward career path in some aspect of LE/investigation - and yet, Pullman PD turned him down, even for just an internship. Has he ever had employment other than high school security guard, years ago? Or being an (unsuccessful) TA (which is a stipend-based experience, I don't think TA's typically have regular employment taxes deducted from their checks; it's basically an honorarium)?
Bold and RSBM, minor point of order: TAs are deemed employees in most states and at most universities and pay income taxes. There are a few exceptions, for example, if funding is guaranteed for all years without regard for whether the student is teaching or not, and teaching is casual and occasional for the purposes of training the student.

I still think KG was in bed and went to see what was going on in MM’s room.
RSBM.

Me too. It makes sense in my mind that the dog playing noise DM heard was actually Murphy hearing somebody outside the door and going crazy while K was trying to keep him from running out the door so she could go to M's room. Whether K was saying "there's somebody here" to M, or X to E, I think it was said due to some kind of commotion on the 3rd floor. I think K walked in on BK killing M, or he ambushed her as she walked up to M's bed, after he'd already killed M.

To stab one person multiple times with another person laying beside them, then the other, and managing to do that twice in 10 minutes...it just seems unlikely. Jmo.

So on that basis, do you believe that all the evidence that LE have gathered is included in that affidavit?.
No, most certainly not. The threshold for arrest is lower (based on likelihood/probable cause) than the threshold for conviction (based on beyond all reasonable doubt). The police have no incentive to show all of their evidence on arrest of a suspect, given the lower threshold on arrest, and are indeed still obtaining or assessing the evidence they have. They have made a selection of it in the affadavit, including of DM's statement and movements, in the PCA to show probable cause, IMO.

We simply do not know and may only speculate on what DM did next after locking her door since the PCA does not tell us anything about this. We may speculate, is all.

It’s definitely similar my family members.
Do you think this is just another BK schoolboy error not to pack the knife, sheath and belt all together, ready attached & then just put this on just as he entered the house?

DM doesn't seen to have noticed whether he had it in his hands as he exited. maybe he put into waist band instead?

Am assuming that if you have the belt & sheath on the body, when you exit, pumped with adrenaline, as you put the bloody knife in your waistband etc, you are more likely to remember that you've forgotten the sheath.

BK and DM met face to face according to affidavit. That's how she saw the bushy eyebrows. He spared her life because the targets were killed. That's most logical.
The affidavit says she opened her door and he was walking towards her and passed her. It does not say how far it was open or that she in any way left her room. It could very well have been a small crack that he didn’t notice.

Just a small note, the Rational Choice Theory expresses that individuals are in control of their decisions and don't make choices because of unconscious drives, tradition or environmental influences.

It comes from economics and made its way into sociology, politics, organizational analysis and social work. It's also been proven wholly inadequate in each of those fields (stocks don't reflect a company's real price-to-earningd, markets crash when the fundamentals are good, countries operate outside their interests, people have multiple drivers and unconscious biases, tradition and environmental factors, including with criminals, are alive and well and involved in out decsion making).

Excellent points. As everyone can probably tell, I of course believe that there are many aspects to mind/thought that are fairly automatic and beyond our rational control. But I have known many people who have the view described by this theory.

And I couldn't agree more about the theory being wholly inadequate - both as an explanatory model for most aspects of human behavior, but also as a personal philosophy (which it becomes for certain people). People do indeed have (many) unconscious biases, and most of us have some inherited personality traits as well (current estimate is that it's 50/50). The work of genes is not a conscious, rational process. It's partly random.

It would be very strange to be born with a tiny or non-functioning right pre-frontal cortex, for example, in a world where most humans have a functioning one. Or a hippocampus that fails to route decisions through the relevant parts of the brain, either through genetics or epigenetics. Such a person might experience themselves as highly logical/analytic and begin to think that this is the best way to be and that others are just weirdos/inferior.

The best and wisest thinkers are well aware of the limits of "rational man" as a paradigm. Almost anyone who has managed to raise a child knows that humans need to be nurtured into using their reason systematically and even then, most of us fail to do so perfectly. Some people hardly ever use rational self-interest as a primary motivator.

• BK commits murders on 3rd floor
  • BK commits murders on 2nd floor
  • Sees DM on the way out of the 2nd floor bedroom
  • Believes she’s likely called the police from minute 1 and all the commotion on the 3rd floor
Logic tells you it’s time for BK to leave. Why wouldn’t he leave? He sped out of the area which showed that he thought police were likely on the way.

Also, DM was in pure shock. Like I said before a lot of us have lived privilege filled lives where conflict means fighting over which movie to watch. Never so much as a food fight. For anyone to even try to speculate on what she was going through or question her motives and actions is ridiculous.

If it’s shown to be true that she’s the unconscious person in the 911 call then that tells you all you need to know about her mental state.

These are the two “holes” people keep pointing to in an attempt to imply that something nefarious is going on
I concur. It's absurd. I'm not sure if anyone has lived in a college house, but if I heard those noises and saw some random dude, I would been annoyed, concerned, checked and made a note to check with my roommates in the morning to find out what the heck was going on last night. My plan would have also probably included a lecture about being respectful of my need for sleep. There is nothing weird here at all in my opinion

There is nothing that says she was frozen in fear.
The affidavit does. I guess technically "frozen in shock" is different than "frozen in fear". She could have just been shocked to see someone coming toward her when she opened the door to peak out, same way one is shocked when someone comes around a corner that we didn't expect. The only problem, we usually let out a noise in that instance, but when it is fear that causes us to freeze we are quiet as a mouse. We will see which it was at trial, she will definitely be cross examined by the defense. I feel for her, I really do.

Last edited:
IDK the exact bed sizes per type - but if they're quite distinctly larger/smaller - can it be done by looking-up the spec of the particular truck's width?
An American double bed and a twin (single) bed are pretty distinct in width difference. I think someone smarter than me (or with more confidence) can just say yay or nay as to whether the back truck is holding a twin (single) bed:

Suspect vehicle was first spotted in the area at 3:29, 4 victims were back by 2:00, I don’t think he knew Ethan was there.
I do wonder what he thought seeing the Range Rover?

Jmo

Bold and RSBM, minor point of order: TAs are deemed employees in most states and at most universities and pay income taxes. There are a few exceptions, for example, if funding is guaranteed for all years without regard for whether the student is teaching or not, and teaching is casual and occasional for the purposes of training the student.
I was an undergrad TA at one of the largest universities in the country.

I was given course credit and a $400 tiny stipend. I had an army of ATAs under me that only got course credit and no stipend.

Grad student TAs are likely a different story.

Do you think this is just another BK schoolboy error not to pack the knife, sheath and belt all together, ready attached & then just put this on just as he entered the house?

DM doesn't seen to have noticed whether he had it in his hands as he exited. maybe he put into waist band instead?

Am assuming that if you have the belt & sheath on the body, when you exit, pumped with adrenaline, as you put the bloody knife in your waistband etc, you are more likely to remember that you've forgotten the sheath.

Wearing the knife under his jacket? Hardly convenient, IMO. It's not a schoolboy error. Almost no one who is going to use that knife as an offensive weapon is going to wear it on a conventional belt, IMO. People who carry them for self-defense sometimes use the belt loop, but typically have the knife at the small of their back, because it's long enough and hard enough to impede regular movements of running, twisting, leaping, etc.

Everyone I know who carries a knife for self defense wears it in their jacket. It's a custom where I live. And yes, there are quite a few knifings among the homicides of my region. There are even jackets that allow someone to carry a few knives in a series, and jackets designed for both right-handed and left-handed people (BK is right handed, so easy to get one from Amazon). Carhardt is a known brand, there are many others, including ones that have pockets for other useful items that one wants easy access to.

Wearing it on his belt would have been uncomfortable and I believe he wore a longish outer dark jacket, essential to his kit because he needed to have something that would obscure and perhaps block blood spatter from his other clothes, underneath.

If he failed to take off the jacket or to put protective coverings on his driver side front seat, then he's in a real pickle, forensically.

An American double bed and a twin (single) bed are pretty distinct in width difference. I think someone smarter than me (or with more confidence) can just say yay or nay as to whether the back truck is holding a twin (single) bed:

Indeed. We have a similar truck & I know we'd find it hard to get a double into that ( big difference between US twin size & US double size)

I've been following along here and also watching news coverage somewhat obsessively. I don't think BK wanted to get caught but I do think he'll want to be studied now that he's in custody. I think, MOO, that he'll confess at some point and spill everything. I think if we see his family suddenly travel to ID when there's really nothing happening court wise then that will be telling. He'll want to meet with his family first. All my personal speculation. I hope he does confess to spare the families and friends of those in the house that night.
I don't think he'll have the decency to confess all before a trial. I think he'll want the full trial experience, so to speak.

So the question is, is BK of Chris Watts’ type, or of Patrick Frazee’s type? Very hard to tell, I’d place him closer to PF. That, if he is guilty, of course.

The affidavit says she opened her door and he was walking towards her and passed her. It does not say how far it was open or that she in any way left her room. It could very well have been a small crack that he didn’t notice.
There are many theories but If he/BK wanted to kill, he had searched all rooms. Affidavit states that he had been stalking 12 times, so he might know the other room mates. But I stick to LE's target theory. The target has died and the killer want to get out as fast as possible.

If that is the case, I would expect the residents to have become somewhat desensitized to the noise of their roommates and their roommates’ guests/friends. You’d have to adjust to keep your sanity!
Yeah I think DMs actions are completely understandable. She came home earlier and separately so had no idea who was in the house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant