ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
While your proposed timeline makes more sense to me than my own, I’m troubled that the dog’s barking started at 4:17am.
I have read that Murphy was still a pup and he was also very shy and unsure of himself, and tended to hide when scared.

I think he may have hidden away when someone burst into their room, but when he left and closed the door, the dog may have come out of hiding and began barking act what he saw. Poor little guy.

I bet he had an "OH POOP" second when he realized he forgot the knife sheath.
IMO I’m not convinced BK accidentally left the sheath there, I think that maybe he thinks he’s pretty clever (Although, so far, it appears maybe not) & perhaps the knife he used wasn’t a KA-BAR knife at all & the sheath was left deliberately to divert LE into believing a KA-BAR knife was used. MOO

one of the victim's graves? Bruce Lee grave in Seattle?
Perhaps in a nicely bound copy of one of Dr. R’s published works. One large enough to cut-out the shape in each page and secrete the knife safely and without suspicion. Think $$ stashed in a coffee can or can of shaving cream. The possibilities are endless.

I’d wager he brought it home with him. That knife. Another reason to DRIVE all the way back home (as a knife such as that can be flagged and draw unwanted attention when using other modes of transport). With his compulsive OCD - he was overly-cautious with regards to the knife. JMOO

IMO I’m not convinced BK accidentally left the sheath there, I think that maybe he thinks he’s pretty clever (Although, so far, it appears maybe not) & perhaps the knife he used wasn’t a KA-BAR knife at all & the sheath was left deliberately to divert LE into believing a KA-BAR knife was used. MOO
This is good. An imposter sheath. Could be. Although with his blatant arrogance and proclivity for status, power, and importance - I believe he has a Ka Bar Knife. He used that exact knife to execute these four individuals. He left the sheath in a split second, by accident.

As careful as he was…no one escapes Murphy's law (no pun intended). He couldn’t account for EVERYTHING which happened in the attacks. Something caused this blunder, and I’m so grateful for that one single fraction in time. It could make all the difference in the world. Especially to the world of the family members left shattered and awaiting some type of justice and closure. I hope they receive it at trial. JMOO

It's definitely *possible* - but what gives me pause is the house itself. There were 4-6 people living in the house at any time, + people coming in and out, and the house was weirdly structured.

There's no reason he could have expected to find one woman he wanted to rape in there and available. Everything about the house was challenging.

That's why it's weird to me - all of it seems very risky even for a dude who doesn't think the same way any of us do.
MOO as there is a sexual component to these knife attacks and to all knife attacks where males bring a knife to kill a woman; but I don't think he came to rape anyone.

K's room and kitchen are on the back east side. Facing back yard.

M's room over DM's are on the back west side. Facing back yard.

X's room and living room are over the bedrooms on the bottom floor. Facing driveway.
Correct, except...

I believe you got your east and west messed up. :p

K's room and kitchen are on the back west side.

M's room over DM's are on the back east side.

The thing to remember is that the road is on the north side of the house, the back is the south. This is counterintuitive, and it creates a lot of confusion.

He showed malice aforethought, IMO, which is directly related to things like having ill will, hatred, animosity, just downright evil feelings towards someone(s). When you hate so strongly, there must be anger about something at the root.
AJMO
I've posted this before but...
I feel like these murders were predatory in nature. I watch a lot of predators in nature. They don't hunt and kill because they are angry or hate their prey. They hunt and kill because it's their nature. They are feeding a hunger. They target the weak, the vulnerable, the easy prey.

This is good. An imposter sheath. Could be. Although with his blatant arrogance and proclivity for status, power, and importance - I believe he has a Ka Bar Knife. He used that exact knife to execute these four individuals. He left the sheath in a split second, by accident.

As careful as he was…no one escapes Murphy's law (no pun intended). He couldn’t account for EVERYTHING which happened in the attacks. Something caused this blunder, and I’m so grateful for that one single fraction in time. It could make all the difference in the world. Especially to the world of the family members left shattered and awaiting some type of justice and closure. I hope they receive it at trial. JMOO

It is interesting, he could have discarded the Ka-Bar and used a different knife, or purchased only the sheath to set a false trail or introduce doubt at a trial (presuming he was even thinking of being caught)

<modsnip - not from an approved source>

Wonder if LE has researched Kohberger's library / Kindle etc. of crime books he may have read, possibly studying other unsolved crimes for tips on methods other killers used?

Last edited by a moderator:

My husband has a KaBar and a very large (maybe 15 inch blade) Bowie. He used to hunt. I was surprised when looking at KaBar sheaths that some of them slide onto a belt but they also have shoelace like strings that could tie, although I wouldn't think tie securely. If BCK had a protective garment over his clothing then maybe he had to settle for tying down the sheath and having it come loose in the first few minutes. MOO

Daily Mail
Daily Mail
Follow

Bryan Kohberger has no connection to Idaho victims, family lawyer says​

3h ago

Bryan Kohberger has no connection to Idaho victims, family lawyer says​

The lawyer for the family of Kaylee Goncalves says suspect Bryan Kohberger has no connection to any of the four students he is accused of murdering. Kohberger is facing the death penalty on four counts of first degree murder. He denies the charges, despite DNA from the scene matching a sample taken from his house, and says he will prove his innocence in court. While police have laid out some of their evidence against him, no motive for the killings has yet been suggested
Ummm… should this attorney even be opening his mouth, let alone making such bold statements like this? Respectfully, what does he know? HE is not LE or involved in the investigation, OR the case… he’s representing the Goncalves family, which is completely independent of BK’s case. There’s a gag order, and if LE wasn’t sharing information with SG previously, when Steve was sick with worry and the belief that this case might go cold, and he was having a total conniption fit (and rightfully so in my mind… if I were Kaylee’s parent in this situation I’d be doing precisely the same), then why on earth would LE divulge any information now… it’s not like it was fun for LE to watch Steve go through that, or like they didn’t have human compassion and wish we lived in a world where they could share their information to ease his pain. They did it because they knew it was more important to keep quiet so that they could ultimately make sure that SG and all the other grieving families would be able to have the best chance of getting the justice that they deserve. So what on earth should make us believe that any of that has changed, and any information related to this has been shared with their attorney. Especially given the stakes, as well as the fact that there’s a gag order in effect? He has no right to say these things in my opinion, and should keep quiet… we don’t know if there’s a connection or not, and if it turns out that there is one, then we’re left with the memory of this attorney claiming there wasn’t. That’s not helpful to anyone, especially to his clients. Ughhh.

Last edited:
Correct, except...

I believe you got your east and west messed up. :p

K's room and kitchen are on the back west side.

M's room over DM's are on the back east side.

The thing to remember is that the road is on the north side of the house, the back is the south. This is counterintuitive, and it creates a lot of confusion.
CRUD I'm just confusing myself and others! Thanks Layer, I just requested a delete, too late to edit.

Possibly. But if you see the photo of said bag, it’s placed behind the sink next to dish soap etc… odd placement to grab napkin or plate … UNLESS that is an older bag and maybe she eats JNB often? Hell idk…. Can we hurry up and get to trial please sooo many questions IMO MOO….
Are we sure she ordered Jack-in-the-Box? Their website shows no location in Moscow, and one location in Pullman, open from 6AM to 12AM.

MOO as there is a sexual component to these knife attacks and to all knife attacks where males bring a knife to kill a woman; but I don't think he came to rape anyone.

Is there any knowledge of Kohberger ever having any girlfriends? Any evidence he was a virgin or reports he had he been "unable to perform" (to put it delicately) which may have instilled some irrational hatred of women?

Trying to sort out reasons why he might have decided specifically to kill only, rather than incorporate other crimes, as some notable serial killers had done in the past.

I've lost track of the threads for a few days, has any consensus developed on Kohberger attempting to emulate a specific killer, i.e. Bundy or Rader, etc? Any indications he may have been trying to impress or "out-think" his former crime professor?

It's difficult to assess at this point the level of intelligence he possesses. Obviously he's not the genius he might have fancied himself. Former prof did describe him as smart though. Have a suspicion any explanations as to why may never be known, unless some confession happens as part of a plea-deal or death-row soul cleansing. Imo.

Last edited:
I’m new here but have followed the threads intensely. The thing I wonder about is, how is it not one of them got off a loud scream, especially X?

I'm not caught up yet, but I wanted to say Welcome !

I think M and K were asleep together (or K might have said the line DM heard, so in my theory she has just awakened and is confused).

I think E was probably asleep, too. Or nearly so again.

I think X was stabbed in the lung to silence her (maybe outside of the bedroom) and then the killer focused on E. I think bk came back to X. And she's who made the crying sounds DM and the neighbor's cam recorded.

I think X fought with him as he was going to E, too.

My husband has a KaBar and a very large (maybe 15 inch blade) Bowie. He used to hunt. I was surprised when looking at KaBar sheaths that some of them slide onto a belt but they also have shoelace like strings that could tie, although I wouldn't think tie securely. If BCK had a protective garment over his clothing then maybe he had to settle for tying down the sheath and having it come loose in the first few minutes. MOO

You may be thinking of leg lanyards, which keep the knife/sheath from flopping around. They still usually loop over or clip on a belt:

I'm not caught up yet, but I wanted to say Welcome !

I think M and K were asleep together (or K might have said the line DM heard, so in my theory she has just awakened and is confused).

I think E was probably asleep, too. Or nearly so again.

I think X was stabbed in the lung to silence her (maybe outside of the bedroom) and then the killer focused on E. I think bk came back to X. And she's who made the crying sounds DM and the neighbor's cam recorded.

I think X fought with him as he was going to E, too.
How many people know just where to stab and with what force to hit lung well enough to silence someone?

I found this article from the Daily Mail interesting where they speak with a publisher who says the books and movie rights could go for $25 million.

Not only that, but the people who are intimately involved in this case - LE, state police, FBI, CSI, investigators, reporters, family members of BK and the victims, friends of BK, will all be approached to "sell" their piece of the story. They will be offered BIG MONEY, and for many of these folks - federal Marshals, crime scene investigators, LE, state police, FBI - they have clauses in their employer's policies and procedures that would forbid them from taking money in the course of their jobs.

However, that won't stop publishers and media outlets from asking them. For some of these folks who may be near retirement age, it may be far more lucrative to retire or quit their jobs so that they can profit from this case. I know it sounds unethical, but the lure of big money can compromise even the most ethical people.

Right now, the biggest players whose stories would sell for the most money are - as the article says - BCK himself, and in my opinion, these people - his new public defender, the police chief, the coroner, the medical examiners, the two surviving roommates, MM's boyfriend and KG's ex-boyfriend.

It's unfortunate that people involved with big cases like this one know that there could be a big payday at the end of this case. I just hope that BCK himself cannot sell his story and profit from these murders.

I am inclined not to believe that. Not ruling it out but I do not find it credible. There are small divesions and other hints of deception. I could be wrong but that is my opinion

This has risen to level of being a cultural phenomena. There are scores of fake Bryan Kohberger social media accounts. People like to drive fame to themselves. I think we can bet that people who knew him will be coming out of the woodwork and a whole lot more people who never did will be as well.

I find a lot of truth in the above emboldened. People come out of the woodwork with cases like this and have "information" about the suspect.

That's not to say any specific person is doing that -- but I tend to file those stories away unless there's some type of verification, such as a photo. In this case, the girl should be able to produce a screenshot of BK's profile and the record of conversing on the platform. If she no longer belongs to the platform, Tinder could still produce it. Short of that, I will remain skeptical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT1510