ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 61

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many people know just where to stab and with what force to hit lung well enough to silence someone?
From Google - I bet BCK researched it.

I can't believe that I actually googled it - if I'm ever suspected of any crime, I googled this for Websleuths research.

That's a very noteworthy difference.
Imo, there is also a middle area, where someone with his symptoms *might* be on the schizotypy spectrum. Check out Wikipedia's page on schizotypy. My point is that, imo, he might have been in between the psychotic disorders and not. That's purely from his writings and what friends have said in MSM! Depersonalization, etc.

There was a time when DNA evidence was controversial. Forensic Genealogy may well become the first line of defense against serial killers. Fast, accurate identification will assuredly save lives.
Our daughter has a PhD in biomedical engineering and works exclusively with various forms of DNA and RNA, but not in forensics or ancestry. She comes up with interesting facts. One thing not mentioned is that leather literally sucks up DNA and holds it for a very long time. On the other hand, anything smooth and metal is just the opposite. The leather of that sheath likely has the DNA of anyone who ever touched it provided it's not old enough to be military issued and even maybe then. Sorting it alone would be scientific nightmare. But DNA on the snap would be relatively recent as in the last person to touch it. MOO

From Google - I bet BCK researched it.

I can't believe that I actually googled it - if I'm ever suspected of any crime, I googled this for Websleuths research.

...and I only clicked on that link for Websleuth research purposes!

Seriously though, I think most people would go for the throat or abdomen unless they're specifically trained like the guy who wrote that article.

IMO its worth considering a few possible reasons a killer would bring there phone:
1. The crime is one of opportunity and no planning or prep was involved,
2. The killer due to lack of planning, undering of police investigation techniques, or IQ, simply overlooked it,
3. The killer, due to their own hubris or narcissism, truly believe they will never be caught or at least wont be seriously considered a suspect and thus, dont think its necessary to turn of their phone,
4. Variety of other random issues

Either way, cell data seems to have played a huge role in the arrest, given the probable cause doc, so I look forward to the prosecution releasing more info on it... eventually

Do you know of any WiFi routers which actually do this? Record the phone # which showed the wireless network as an available network.
I am not sure what exactly records that - only router, or router and phone both - but yes, it's a thing. I think it does not record your phone number like in the sense of the number used to call you, but some other identifiers like make, model, signal strength, maybe some sort of a device number etc.

So, different Android etc versions have different settings for airplane mode. Not all deactivate wifi, many don't de-activate bluetooth. Futhermore, as I undestand it, as you can still manually turn back wi-fi with almost all smartphones, some background processes are still running? Anyway, the device is looking for saved wi-fi devices. Paraphrasing as someone described this online, it is possible that this is how BKs phone was logged, as it was going like "Hey SSID 'BryansHouse', 'SweetHomePA', 'WAuniLAB' are you out there? It's me. Bryan's Phone!! Please Respond!!!"and this broadcast was logged by an access point.

Aditionally, I assume his phone/car might have done something similar with any nearby bluetooth device. And many have mentioned that as Xana was watching tiktok, if Ethan was sleeping she probably used headphones. Well, I am the only person among my friend group who does not use bluetooth headphones.

MOO

Last edited:
If a camera 50 ft away picks up sound that far even through the wall wouldnt it be constantly picking up every sound that is going on in the house the camera is actually on….like in every room? That would mean that every sound in atleast 50 ft in every direction from the camera would all be recording at the same time on top of each other. Doesn’t that mean that the sounds recorder could be three different sounds from three different locations?

Not really clear on the complexities of all the rules here. But I see some people obviously familiar of the "ramping up" by starting with animals, as that's well known for most serials. So I was wondering, the coyote incident in Moscow... Not the first but the second one in Feb 2017 - same Greek targets, same wee hours. Would BK have been living there by then? How long does it take to complete an MA in Criminology? I know I'm not the first to question this but I haven't come across it and I find this forum difficult to navigate.

Personally, I think it's just the house.
That house sticks out like a sore thumb, both structurally and situationally. Super dark neighborhood, large dark back yard butted up against woods, strangely secluded in a fairly densely populated area, multiple levels and points of ingress egress on opposite sides. No cameras, no security system, and (normally) no males.
It's a predator's dream location. :(

JMHO
I don't agree that this was location driven. I believe he was there because of some association with one of the victims. Love or hate were motivators.

They weren’t supposed to have him there? Wth! When my girls go to college I want them armed with weapons if all sorts and a large protective dog.
x2 on dog or not. Most rentals close to campus that I know of the last 30 years do not allow pets. In college after a year in the dorms after 2 lucky rare rentals that allowed dogs my boyfriend and I were able to do a rent-to-own mobile home, it worked out well for us, my dogs, and my now husband. Stuff is so crazy now I'm not sure they will go to college in person, maybe hybrid from home? I'd be surprised if 1122 allowed pets, since Murphey had two owners she could have used that he lives with JD and was only visiting.

This is good. An imposter sheath. Could be. Although with his blatant arrogance and proclivity for status, power, and importance - I believe he has a Ka Bar Knife. He used that exact knife to execute these four individuals. He left the sheath in a split second, by accident.

As careful as he was…no one escapes Murphy's law (no pun intended). He couldn’t account for EVERYTHING which happened in the attacks. Something caused this blunder, and I’m so grateful for that one single fraction in time. It could make all the difference in the world. Especially to the world of the family members left shattered and awaiting some type of justice and closure. I hope they receive it at trial. JMOO
IMO if he accidentally left it, it was maybe because after killing M&K, his adrenaline was surging & he just completely forgot, I believe it was pretty dark & I think that with the timeframe we’ve seen in the PCA he was moving pretty quickly & it would have been too easy with everything that was happening, to have missed it until after he’d sped away from the crime scene. MOO

Last edited:
I found this article from the Daily Mail interesting where they speak with a publisher who says the books and movie rights could go for $25 million.

Not only that, but the people who are intimately involved in this case - LE, state police, FBI, CSI, investigators, reporters, family members of BK and the victims, friends of BK, will all be approached to "sell" their piece of the story. They will be offered BIG MONEY, and for many of these folks - federal Marshals, crime scene investigators, LE, state police, FBI - they have clauses in their employer's policies and procedures that would forbid them from taking money in the course of their jobs.

However, that won't stop publishers and media outlets from asking them. For some of these folks who may be near retirement age, it may be far more lucrative to retire or quit their jobs so that they can profit from this case. I know it sounds unethical, but the lure of big money can compromise even the most ethical people.

Right now, the biggest players whose stories would sell for the most money are - as the article says - BCK himself, and in my opinion, these people - his new public defender, the police chief, the coroner, the medical examiners, the two surviving roommates, MM's boyfriend and KG's ex-boyfriend.

It's unfortunate that people involved with big cases like this one know that there could be a big payday at the end of this case. I just hope that BCK himself cannot sell his story and profit from these murders.
IMO I’m pretty sure the ‘Son of Sam’ law was made for this very reason. Anyone know if this law applies in Idaho? MOO

Its hard for me to tell. There were also some night time pictures from the 13th and 14th. JMO

So in that case X took her half-finished drink & also placed that on the kitchen sink too?

It's certainly possible but, for now am just going to stick with the scenario where these items are the remains of an earlier take-out which never got cleared (along with the rest of the kitchen mess) and X didn't use the kitchen that night 4am -4.17 and just took her delivery back to the room and browsed tiktok while she ate it.

Last edited:
I searched the thread for Slate and didn't see this posted. My apologies if it's a dupe

very interesting but notice that it states this

'Up until that point, in late December, he hadn’t stood out among all the other Elantra owners, the source said, something that is reinforced by a close, informed reading of the affidavit'

That would mean that, in mid December, they had no need to physically track him en route back to PA, because he didn't stand out as a suspect at that time.
So everything we were reading, last week about the plane & car surveillance of his & his father's journey wasn't actually true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member