ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 62

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually wondering if the rest of the sheath wasn't covered in blood since it was apparently next to MM's body.

Linking DNA by Location and Time
I’m not sure ‘covered in blood’ is an accurate description.
It may have had blood spatter- movement of the knife flicked blood on it in the form of little dots of blood.
This blood spatter could be MM’s, and also contain KG blood if she was the first victim and her blood was still on the knife.
If the killer cut himself, it could also have contained spatter containing his own blood.

My speculation is the blood on the button of the sheath is not from blood. It could be from prior events where killer has touched the snap without gloves on his hand.
If his blood and DNA is alone on the snap, and victim blood is on the leather part of the sheath the DNA of these two locations didn’t comingle.
Without other evidence these two events are linked by same location being on the Sheath, but not linked in Time. Killer may have touched snap days prior, and victim blood is on day of death.
Another piece of evidence would more strongly link killer and victim in Time.

JMO

this conflation/failure to distinguish, or care to distinguish, between fame and infamy is also in the literature considered a one of the core aspects of school shooters. It is why the social scientists and behavior scientists recommend that hte killer be noted as little as possible, since it fulfils a desired outcome of the mass killer, and makes the subsequent mass killers more certain they will achieve notoriety they crave.
Yes, the worst thing you can do is give them national and even worldwide publicity, which only goes to encourage others to do the same. I've noticed that the infamous mass killings usually come in clusters, and I think it's due to others with similar ideation discovering just how much attention can be garnered by such acts. It's not so much a second amendment issue as it is a first.

Could it be possible that one of the two mentioned vehicles belongs to Ethan's brother? I recall reading in the early days of the case that he was among the friends called to the house before the 911 call was made and was the one to tell his parents that Ethan had been murdered. (I'll see if I can find the orignal course for that information.)
I believe it was his frat brother that called. I recall reading that early on..... its very possible it could have just been on earlier threads - speculation, perhaps - so can't link) but I've been seeing it again lately on unapproved sources, so I'm just gonna go with saying this IMO.

Well as the items are being retained by the defense, it looks to me as though his defense are going to be running an entire new investigation... I think it's absurd but the only chance they have and it will necessitate discrediting the victims, all of them, one by one.
That might take the line of they were friends with/slept with/entertained bad people who are more likely to have killed them than our client..
Attorneys are as an important part of the U.S. criminal justice system as prosecutors are.
Don't see them attacking 4 student victims brutally murdered in a college town.
Conjecture that they may try to get much of the evidence tossed or poke holes in the timelines, motive and potential witnesses.
Personally I think BK may plea for life w/o parole vs. death penalty unless there is something we're not aware of. SG (KG's father) may stand in the way of any such negotiations.
ALL MOO

I just can’t stop thinking about how sloppy he was. It makes no sense. He was a doctorate student studying criminology. Yet, he brought his phone and car to the scene, he put the sheath down, he chose a method that is almost guaranteed to leave dna behind. He had to have known better. It even briefly crossed my mind that he was framed. Did anyne have access to his apartment and could have taken his phone and car and planted his dna on the sheath?

The more I think of the evidence that is present the more it looks to me like one or more of these situations-

- BK didn’t care if he got caught, as he was eager to seek the fame and live the life of a killer, so while he deliberately did not place evidence, he was not as diligent as we would expect him to be

- BK obsessed over some details of the crime planning, and failed to consider some details that were vitally important to preventing forensic evidence

- BK placed evidence on purpose thinking LE would need a hand, and they located him quicker than he expected

- BK is not at all as bright as people think, he has some book knowledge that seems a smoke screen for his lack of common sense, scatterbrained ness, and mental health issues that prevent high order detailed/ focused planning for that day as well as broad planning in time.
For instance- why turn your phone off only during the short time near the deaths If normally you do not turn your phone off at all?

JMO

Last edited:
Yes, the worst thing you can do is give them national and even worldwide publicity, which only goes to encourage others to do the same. I've noticed that the infamous mass killings usually come in clusters, and I think it's due to others with similar ideation discovering just how much attention can be garnered by such acts. It's not so much a second amendment issue as it is a first.
It isn't just that you and I noticed. It is the slam dunk conclusion in a lot of peer reviewed science. Those mass school shooters (I distinguish between mass and others since others involve drug dealers shooting each other on school grounds on weekends) are all fascinated with the prior ones, and especially media coverage.

I don't know that this is a particularly strange trajectory. It seems to fit together to me. If he was doing heroin in high school he may have been struggling academically and moved to a vocational track. That makes sense. We don't know if he did rehab, I don't think anyone has said for sure he did. Some have mentioned it in the context of if he had he may have been diagnosed with an abuse mental disorder, which would be an interesting detail.
As far as zipping through degrees fo all we know he took four or five years to do a two year associates. The school he got his BS and MS or MA from is not a particularly difficult school. And "honors" can be 3.5. I know plenty of people who did drugs in HS and did very badly, and then did extremely well in undergrad and grad. That he would cast about for some discipline and camaraderie considering military is very common.

The only thing that stands out with this guy as out there and highly unusual are that he was doing heroin in high school, which is a level above say smoking dope, even every day. And the text attributed to him, which is roughly 50% normal teenage angst and 50% something else.
I do believe there has been a jumbling of his background due to the mostly anecdotal statements coming from horrified friends and spotty investigative reporting. It’s one thing to not give oxygen to a criminal and quiet another, especially in this mind warping heart breaking case to not have a better handle in what makes BCK tick.
I would really like to know what led his Desales prof to believe he is brilliant.
He’s capable of “charming” everyone in a doctor’s office 4 days after the slaughter? Who is this guy?
I feel that it is important to have more insight into his adolescence, at least.
We do need to be able to do better at providing for unraveling youth for a myriad of reasons. IMO
I’ll see if I can find a clear timeline. I din’t think he went to the CC until 2018 and then completed his AA in 2020, as I recall.
He was a Sophomore in 2011, his friend said she was shocked at his weight loss when he came back for his Sr year and that he had started using. Would that he 2013 or 2014? I think 2013. He enrolled in CC in 2016.
She said she last saw him in 2017 at a wedding and he looked great and he said he was sober.
He was still pudgy in the push-up photo from 2011, that’s when he allegedly expressed an interest in the Rangers. No one has come forward to say he was involved in any military related comradarie. Or of any flavor. He did get into boxing or kickboxing. He started running.
Later, as I recall after what looks to be a 3-4 year break or absence of some sort after high school, perhaps a stint in rehab or some other kind of therapeutic program and while he worked in security at a school, he moved into Psychology at the CC then Criminology as a pathway into Academia.

…Kohlberger registered as a Libertarian in Albrightsville, Pennsylvania in 2013, public records show. He does not appear to have a criminal record, according to FOX News Digital.

Kohlberger has two sisters and graduated from Northampton Community College in Pennsylvania with an associate of arts degree in psychology in 2018, said college spokesperson Mia Rossi-Marino.

He graduated from DeSales University in Allentown, Pennsylvania, with a bachelor's degree in 2020 and a master's degree in criminal justice in 2022….

I believe it was his frat brother that called. I recall reading that early on..... its very possible it could have just been on earlier threads - speculation, perhaps - so can't link) but I've been seeing it again lately on unapproved sources, so I'm just gonna go with saying this IMO.

It is also my thought that EC‘s bio brother may have been on the scene quickly

It is also possible that one of EC’s frat brothers was at the home, with DM or BF, who may have not been in their rooms alone.

JMO

'Premature public disclosure of the details of this law enforcement investigation will create serious and imminent threat to effective law enforcement and could result in the premature end of this investigation which could create a threat to public safety."
translates to me as "If we have to end this investigation before we get all our ducks in a row, then this guy could go free and that is a threat to public safety".

If all they had was what was in the PCA, that would not be enough to convict, IMO. I believe they are trying (maybe desperately) to get something that is irrefutable. Knife with his prints and/or DNA and one or more of the victim's DNA or bundle of bloody clothing comes to mind. What if someone had information from those docs that would send them out in search of the knife, etc? If some person who is NOT LE picks up that knife, bundle of clothing, whatever, and hauls it into the police station or WORSE calls the Daily Mail, it taints the evidence. Also, if they release what they are looking for, if BK has anyone who would do so that person could hide/destroy evidence.

That was just the first thing that came to my mind, anyway. IMO, JMO, MOO, etc.
Yes I see it the same way.

However it also could mean that they have evidence that others likely knew/were involved. Which I think LE isn’t interested in pursuing just yet. They also don’t want the public to pursue it either while they focus on the main target.

With the same caveats (TIA), it was said early on that Ethan and his brother had plans that morning (links to articles on MSM in the first few days have been deleted), so IMOO, I wonder if Ethan's brother showed up late morning on Sunday to meet with his brother and do the thing they had maybe scheduled to do together, and after he tried knocking on the door of his brother Ethan's girlfriend Xana's house, and called and/or texted him and there was no response, he maybe banged on the door(s) and then realized the gravity of the situation. JMOO

just checking in. What have I missed in the last couple of days?

(Just kidding....you don't owe me anything. My post was just a comment on the fact that unless you spend 12 hours a day following posts on this case you will definitely be out of touch.)

Carry on.
LOL, I've been gone for the past couple days too and considered posting something similar. For whatever reason I decided to get to reading to catch up. 3 hours later, I'm still lost. :cool:

That part stood out like a sore thumb since the affidavit was released.
Recall, the killings happened on the 13th at approximately 4-4.25am.
This is getting twisted because when he returned to the area of the house approximately 5 hrs later, it was still the 13th.
Not the 14th.
In fact as far as I recollect there were no further digital tracks in Moscow.

I'm not sure what to think here. It says "search warrant served"-on who? Is this a legal search?
Thoughts
IMO, does BK have a roommate? <modsnip>

It isn't just that you and I noticed. It is the slam dunk conclusion in a lot of peer reviewed science. Those mass school shooters (I distinguish between mass and others since others involve drug dealers shooting each other on school grounds on weekends) are all fascinated with the prior ones, and especially media coverage.

Agree, it is the notoriety they seek
Any child in need to nurturing/ attention will do what has worked
- get attention by being a pleaser, following the rules
- get attention by pushing the boundaries, pitching a fit, and getting my way

My speculation is these boys who look like men seek attention, and get it through being the coolest bad guy they can imagine. Their fantasy may include the public charming and devious smiles of Bundy- but not the time in his cell alone

JMO

I'm not sure what to think here. It says "search warrant served"-on who? Is this a legal search?
Thoughts
IMO, this was served on the day of BKs arrest

IMO, does BK have a roommate? Or boyfriend?
Apparently lived alone in a 'family' apartment.
I saw no reports of a partner of any description on gender.
I meant to check Tinder after Tiktok girl described a date with him but I think that was a few years ago..
He could have advanced to more 'specific' dating sites in the interim.
I imagine his profiles have all been removed by either LE or the sites, if they existed, by now..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangomouse