ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it did. And why do you think that means there can't be more than one shoe print that was found, that the possibility is valid? Not everything LE knows gets put into a PCA.
I do remember seeing LE behind the home taking photos of a particular spot. Some hypothesized that it may have been a blood drop....but could have been a foot print. There are many items of evidence not in the PCA.

Next, Mortensen said she heard a male voice saying 'It's OK. I'm going to help you.'
She opened her bedroom door, then saw a man in a black ski mask that covered his nose and mouth, walking 'towards her'.
Frozen, she told police she watched him leave through a sliding door, then she locked herself in her bedroom.
It's unclear why she did not call cops immediately; police did not attend the scene until the following afternoon.

Here's an example from of the Daily Mail getting it wrong. Ski mask is completely unsupported IMO. PCA does not mention ski mask. Daily Mail does not mention recent interview with Dylan. One fact from PCA simply ignored. MOO. Reminder to read critically, IMO.

ETA. I want very much to criticise this article on any number of other grounds from implying victim blaming to more interpretive inaccuracies of the material in the PCA, they are there for anyone who reads with a critical eye.

Last edited:
And none of what LE found gets slipped past the gag order to a silly Daily Mail reporter.
Stranger things have happened, IMO. Gag orders are all well and good to keep the principals from being interviewed but others, in the know and on the fringe sometimes do a lot of talking despite a gag order. I'm not saying it's right just it certainly happens, AJMO

Well we all know that it is totally inaccurate.

Page 5 of the Affidavit says a latent shoe print was found outside DM’s bedroom.

Also DM never said he went out the slider, she says he was walking in that direction.

I think the author of this article did some speed-reading. JMO

View attachment 395238
Yes, I remember that statement but TBH I don’t know how exact it is, as so much has been veiled in secrecy and less than precise I suppose to protect the investigation.
That’s not a criticism or meant to cast doubt on the evidence; it’s just the nature of the process.
And well.. if he didn’t go out the slider, do you suppose he left through the front door?
Personally, I can’t imagine that.
JMO

No, my bad. It just gets aggravating having to correct that tabloid's reckless reporting. But I apologize if I was rude to you or anyone else on here. My problem is with them, not people that get misled reading their nonsense.

And you're right, DM and DM... it's like all the confusion created by all the J's before BK got arrested. :p
You weren't rude at all. I was just very confused until I figured out what was going on.

If you were referencing the surviving roommate it didn't come out very nice and that isn't something I am used to seeing from your posts. This made it more befuddling for me.

It isn't quite as bad as the J's, but still confusing for my old brain after a week of work!

Have a great weekend.

I do remember seeing LE behind the home taking photos of a particular spot. Some hypothesized that it may have been a blood drop....but could have been a foot print. There are many items of evidence not in the PCA.
No doubt, there is undoubtedly all kinds of evidence LE has in this case, none of which has been secretly shared with the Daily Mail (and only the Daily Mail) in violation of the gag order.

LaBar is milking his 15 minutes of fame. He's making a name for himself as a lawyer. When media do stories they need to present both sides - pro and con. LaBar is speaking out about how he could be exonerated instead of ways he could be found guilty.
Yeh that’s annoying. I get the whole innocent until proven guilty but i think it’s irresponsible to be so flippant as if what they have is just “nothing”. I think neutral would have been a little more responsible.

Yes, I remember that statement but TBH I don’t know how exact it is, as so much has been veiled in secrecy and less than precise I suppose to protect the investigation.
That’s not a criticism or meant to cast doubt on the evidence; it’s just the nature of the process.
And well.. if he didn’t go out the slider, do you suppose he left through the front door?
Personally, I can’t imagine that.
JMO
It was seen wide open at 8:30am by a close neighbor. I wonder why. Maybe he was going to leave that way and changed his mind? Or Xana maybe didn't shut it tight after 4am Door Dash and it blew wide open over the hours afterwards?

Judging from the description of that print, I think it’s the ‘latent’ print that was discovered by the roommate’s door and described in the PCA
Quite possible.
By her door- near her door- those are still vague descriptions and it seems odd to me that only 1 print was found. And the slider is near her door.

I hope that she doesn’t ‘identify’ him—I’m a skeptic of eyewitness identifications of strangers, anyway.

But, that she saw someone, 5’10 or so, not skinny, not weight-lifter bulky, with noticeable eyebrows, is relevant for what it is.
It is, but can you imagine what a circus that courtroom would become on cross examination? Barry Scheck's "Where is it Mr Fung?" would have nothing on Anne Taylor's cross examination of the 911 call timeline alone.

Well we all know that it is totally inaccurate.

Page 5 of the Affidavit says a latent shoe print was found outside DM’s bedroom.

Also DM never said he went out the slider, she says he was walking in that direction.

I think the author of this article did some speed-reading. JMO

View attachment 395238
It's poor journalism at best, MOO. Inaccuracies at the very least are a sign of poor research. It might be more than just that but not going to speculate here as off topic and is bashing of an approved source.

All MOO

Last edited:
Just finished watching the 20/20 docu on the case. Pretty much what we all have read and still nothing on BF, one of the surviving roommates… has there been any mentioning of her at all? I don’t recall anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Parties were always their friends. They didn’t have strangers. They knew who was there. 20/20

I don't think so. Not at all. They may have thought so.

But the hypothesis that there was a lot of drinking at these parties is not consistent with "they" knowing who was in the house. Also, see the body cam noise complaint footage.

In college, most people remain strangers - for months or years. Just living in the same house or neighborhood doesn't mean you know people (despite what students might think, in those first years). The idea that being a student at the same institution means "friends" is not a safe one. IMO.

The housemates did not know who had access to their house, IMO.

No doubt, there is undoubtedly all kinds of evidence LE has in this case, none of which has been secretly shared with the Daily Mail (and only the Daily Mail) in violation of the gag order.
I’m not arguing with you. I’m just irritated by BK’s ex atty

It’s possible they could have his dna under one or more of the victims fingernails (or somewhere else at the crime scene) but that was just not revealed in the probable cause affidavit because it was not necessary to show ALL they had, right???

They didn’t have to put everything they knew in the PCA? Right? (And of course they may have discovered much more since then.)

I just don’t understand why so many reporters keep saying the defense just has to tear apart the PCA — as if the PCA is the ALL the prosecution has.

A good poker player doesn’t show their hand to the table until they have to. The defense doesn’t have a strategy until they have ALL the evidence/discovery is complete.

That PCA is not ALL the evidence.

Editing to add that i do believe innocent until proven guilty but he looks pretty guilty just based on the PCA and I’m assuming there’s more evidence that they have. So i think it’s silly for attys to dismiss the PCA like it’s nothing. Maybe saying well it LOOKS pretty bad but you know innocent until proven guilty. That would have been more responsible of the ex atty IMO

Last edited:
MassGuy, I used to be a MassGirl. That 'no threat to the public' thing bugged me from the very beginning. I could not conceive of how that early in the investigation they could know that. I am rooting for this Police Department but I am still shaking my head about that one.
Me too. Whether he was tracking them or not doesn’t mean they could have been CERTAIN he wouldn’t get the urge to kill again.

I’m not arguing with you. I’m just irritated by BK’s ex atty

It’s possible they could have his dna under one or more of the victims fingernails (or somewhere else at the crime scene) but that was just not revealed in the probable cause affidavit because it was not necessary to show ALL they had, right???

They didn’t have to put everything they knew in the PCA? Right? (And of course they may have discovered much more since then.)

I just don’t understand why so many reporters keep saying the defense just has to tear apart the PCA — as if the PCA is the ALL the prosecution has.

A good poker player doesn’t show their hand to the table until they have to. The defense doesn’t have a strategy until they have ALL the evidence/discovery is complete.

That PCA is not ALL the evidence.
Absolutely, they (hopefully) have a mountain of forensic evidence that we don't know about yet. But you really can't blame a defense attorney for... defending. It's the nature of the beast.

Stranger things have happened, IMO. Gag orders are all well and good to keep the principals from being interviewed but others, in the know and on the fringe sometimes do a lot of talking despite a gag order. I'm not saying it's right just it certainly happens, AJMO
Well, if that was the case then Daily Maily would need to ref an anonymous source for this 'new' (to the public) info and could even say, source wants to remain anon cos they are breaking a gag order. This didn't happen IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname