ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all! I agree about the article containing questionable assertions about how trackable cell phones are. My family and I all use Life360 and I can tell you, it's pretty darned accurate. I tested it last night when Hubs stopped on the way home and it accurately told me what store he stopped at. I blew up the map and it also told me correctly, within a few yards, when he left the building.

Having said that, I still wonder whether the reporter accurately represented what Cell Phone Man said. Not a deliberate hash job by the reporter, but editors sometimes either deliberately stoke drama or they need to pay more attention. I once came home to scary messages on my answering machine (yes, that long ago) because my letter was edited to make it very inflammatory and no longer representative of what I meant. If Cell Phone Man's comments were abridged, they could give a different - or at least incomplete - message compared to what he actually said. Another unknown is whether the reporter fully understood the technical aspects of the discussion. If I had written an article about cars, we certainly couldn't count on me, LOL.

Life360 is with tracking and/or GPS turned on, correct?

I understand that phone tower pings/tracking is completely different and only shows a general area where the phone was. Hopefully BK screwed up sometimes in his stalking and left the tracking part on and not just pings to cell towers... but the PCA shows only general cell tower pings.

Just my 2 cents worth.....

I understand that phone tower pings/tracking is completely different and only shows a general area where the phone was. Hopefully BK screwed up sometimes in his stalking and left the tracking part on and not just pings to cell towers... but the PCA shows only general cell tower pings.

Yes, that's right. I was speaking more generally to the idea that cell phones cannot be accurately tracked, rather than the specifics of this situation. Tough crowd, LOL. :D

Good morning friends :)

Anyway. ;)

I'm a bit behind as per usual, so I may be repeating.

1. Link to U of I student union. The very bottom of the home page lists academic hours. I'm interested in hours because the PCA is pretty clear about late night and early morning tower pings. I'm not going to argue the semantics of if say, 2 a.m. is early morning if you're a shift worker. :) According to the People article, he wasn't in there alone because he was spotted there. :) In other words, I don't think he broke in to the building very late night/very early morning all the time.

2. All this back and forth over pings. Anyone that has followed the Daybell/Vallow case is aware CAST technology put the now deceased Uncle Alex in apartments and also back yards. It's pretty chilling. Just search Vallow on this site if you aren't familiar with the case. I'm sure there are more I haven't followed.

ETA one more thing.

3. Bad Google map attached but the student union is less than one mile from the house on King. Just a tower thought. Attached walking route.

All JMO

Attachments

• 20230203_104110.jpg
    20230203_104110.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Good morning friends :)

Anyway. ;)

I'm a bit behind as per usual, so I may be repeating.

1. Link to U of I student union. The very bottom of the home page lists academic hours. I'm interested in hours because the PCA is pretty clear about late night and early morning tower pings. I'm not going to argue the semantics of if say, 2 a.m. is early morning if you're a shift worker. :) According to the People article, he wasn't in there alone because he was spotted there. :) In other words, I don't think he broke in to the building very late night/very early morning all the time.

2. All this back and forth over pings. Anyone that has followed the Daybell/Vallow case is aware CAST technology put the now deceased Uncle Alex in apartments and also back yards. It's pretty chilling. Just search Vallow on this site if you aren't familiar with the case. I'm sure there are more I haven't followed.

All JMO

Cool! I will do that and research this on cell phone tower tracking technology! Things have sure progressed a lot recently. Can't wait. thanks!

A tower ping show distance from the tower in a 30 degree arc. Add a pinging a second tower and where the arcs intersect is the location of the phone.

Even one tower yields direction of travel by the time and distance of the pinging phone from the tower, then the data is laid over over a terrain map to see possible routes.
The next tower pinged and location and are identified and the travel route becomes evident.

Last edited:

Looks like there is a vegan option for meals on the U of Idaho campus.

The Eatery at Vandals Village offers vegan meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner at one of their food stations, and it sounds like it is an all-you-can-eat meal. This would be a good option for a vegan meal for a student and could be another reason BK was on the U of Idaho campus, especially since he would have parking covered as a WSU student due to the agreement between WSU and U of Idaho. It would be easy enough for U of Idaho LE to determine if BK applied for a U of Idaho free parking pass as a WSU student.

This dining hall on the U of Idaho campus is located at 1080 W. 6th Street, about 1.5 miles from the house on King Road.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

The Eatery at Vandals Village is an all-you-care-to-eat dining experience featuring a rotation of eats from the following stations:

• G8 - Allergen Friendly Station
  • Rooted - Dedicated Vegan and Vegetarian Station
  • Fresh 52
  • Stacked
  • Flame Grill
  • Cucina
  • Sweet Shoppe
  • Nook
  • Student Choice

I’m late to the party, reading this daily mail article.

IMHO I’m not surprised to hear of Bryan making more women feeling uncomfortable/unsafe. This is a pattern of his behavior with women. He’s able to socialize with men just fine, though. BTW are there any reported incidents of Bryan making men uncomfortable?

From the article:
“He wouldn't look away if you caught him staring…
'Like he wanted you to notice that he was looking at you.”

In the article, it mentions that Bryan was “staring” at young women at the college food court. The word “staring” seems so innocuous by itself, right? How could someone’s gaze make you feel unsafe?

IMHO Bryan’s real intent was intimidation. He made it clear he wanted the women to know his presence and that his behavior would continue, EVEN IF THEY DIDN’T RECIPROCATE. Bryan wanted the women to feel unsafe, unsure of his intent. It seems Bryan wants control. Eventually the women felt so uncomfortable they physically left the area to avoid his undivided attention.

Also to add:
I didn’t realize Bryan’s behavior towards female servers at the restaurant was so bad that they actually documented it on their computer. If your waitress warns other servers about your behavior that says something.

A tower ping show distance from the tower in a 30 degree arc. Add a ping arkit a second tower and where the arcs intersect is the location of the phone.

A tower ping did not USED TO show actual distance... just that it pinged Tower 1 for example. So pinging on Tower 2 only shows the intersection as an ARC itself... not a pinpoint spot. And most of these rural areas are only serviced by 1 cell phone tower, so not even an ARC there.

Ok, that is the way it USED to be, <modsnip>.

Last edited by a moderator:
For some weekend musings: :)

Latah County jail is in the middle of town and is not a very large facility. (It’s across the street from the high school, too. It would be weird to think that BK was existing just a block away. IMO, MMO)
D00F59B4-1502-4D2D-9049-9CC1F9B246F8.jpegD00F59B4-1502-4D2D-9049-9CC1F9B246F8.jpeg

It has 42 cells. Detention

There are some interesting characters in the jail with BK. Some must be awaiting trial. Others go in and out pretty quickly. Surely, most people coming in since last fall know about the murders and probably BK. For folks who are familiar with jails this size, do the inmates try to say things to each other? What kind of contact do they have with each other? Would BK be kept separate for his own safety?

Anyway, there might be some interesting interactions in there. IMO MOO

Current jail roster:

For some weekend musings: :)

Latah County jail is in the middle of town and is not a very large facility. (It’s across the street from the high school, too. It would be weird to think that BK was existing just a block away. IMO, MMO)
View attachment 399877View attachment 399877

It has 42 cells. Detention

There are some interesting characters in the jail with BK. Some must be awaiting trial. Others go in and out pretty quickly. Surely, most people coming in since last fall know about the murders and probably BK. For folks who are familiar with jails this size, do the inmates try to say things to each other? What kind of contact do they have with each other? Would BK be kept separate for his own safety?

Anyway, there might be some interesting interactions in there. IMO MOO

Current jail roster:
MOO For his own protection he will be kept separate from other prisoners.

Three Idaho students claim they saw Bryan Kohberger at student union​

Three students at the University of Idaho said they saw quadruple murders suspect Bryan Kohberger (pictured) at their student union weeks before the killings.
The alleged sightings at the University of Idaho wouldn't be the first time women accused Kohberger of making them uncomfortable or scaring them away. Jordan Serulneck, 34, who runs Seven Siren Brewing Company in Kohberger's native Pennsylvania, said the suspect had problematic interactions with women at his bar. Serulneck told NBC workers labeled Kohberger in their systems as a guy who 'makes creepy comments' and said he once called a staffer 'a [expletive]' for spurning his advances. Reading his staffers notes on Kohberger, Serulneck, of Central Valley, said: 'Hey, this guy makes creepy comments, keep an eye on him. He'll have two or three beers and then just get a little too comfortable.'

Backtracking, I've been thinking that the restaurant could be the point of contact without BK ever setting foot inside.

He seems to have a proclivity for late night awake nights. As a newby to the area, he may have sought out the restaurant for its vegan offering but in truth migrated to Moscow for the "shopping" (perhaps his perception of cuter girls in Moscow, ripe for buying).

He might've sat in his car for an hour. In order to survey the place, without ever going in. No stretch IMO to imagine him waiting until closing to snag a waitress and enquire about food preparation, pan selection. Followed by an awkward, "you're cute. Work here often? Where do you live?" An unsatisfactory answer to any of those queries could've unleashed offense or obsession or both. I wonder if M and X ever carpooled. Patient guy, he could've tracked a waitress any number of times, following in his Elantra... getting the address off the front door, calling up Zillow images online, breeding all sorts of familiarity, without any if the flatmates having any awareness whatsoever. If D, X, M had been wholly asleep at 4am, had K opted not to spend the weekend in Moscow, he might've been afforded full stealth, the feline stealth to enter and exit without discovery. Singular target, laser focus.

And why? IMO he felt an unnatural connection, ran the relationship through his salad brain and decided she needed to pay for injustices he perceived OR he needed to conquer her and prevent anyone else from having her. if I can't have her...

And why? IMO his life inside his head, twisted as it is, was far more interesting and exciting to him than the real life around him. Probably found everyone exceedingly dull.

Looks like, until that morning, he kept his desires in check, luxuriating in the fantasy, content enough to keep it in his head. Until he didn't want to (keep it in his head) anymore.

Drove to Moscow, circled the house a couple time, IMO watched all the lights go off and made entry.

I'm not surprised if his instructor(s) were impressed by him. I'll bet it was efgortless for him to get inside the mind of a killer; he was already there.

JMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members