ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
"He was the type to stare," she told the magazine. "He wouldn't look away if you caught him staring. Like he wanted you to notice that he was looking at you. He didn't smile, didn't nod, didn't say anything. Just stared."

Look at his look in the video of him being stopped in Indiana. Pretty scary face and glare.

I’m late to the party, reading this daily mail article.

IMHO I’m not surprised to hear of Bryan making more women feeling uncomfortable/unsafe. This is a pattern of his behavior with women. He’s able to socialize with men just fine, though. BTW are there any reported incidents of Bryan making men uncomfortable?

From the article:
“He wouldn't look away if you caught him staring…
'Like he wanted you to notice that he was looking at you.”

In the article, it mentions that Bryan was “staring” at young women at the college food court. The word “staring” seems so innocuous by itself, right? How could someone’s gaze make you feel unsafe?

IMHO Bryan’s real intent was intimidation. He made it clear he wanted the women to know his presence and that his behavior would continue, EVEN IF THEY DIDN’T RECIPROCATE. Bryan wanted the women to feel unsafe, unsure of his intent. It seems Bryan wants control. Eventually the women felt so uncomfortable they physically left the area to avoid his undivided attention.

Also to add:
I didn’t realize Bryan’s behavior towards female servers at the restaurant was so bad that they actually documented it on their computer. If your waitress warns other servers about your behavior that says something.
Thanks for article. Posters were right, he was eating in the cafeteria and according to Sundog there were good vegan options.

I remember reading somewhere about the waitresses documenting but don't see it in the article - do you have the link?

What restaurant?

Thanks for article. Posters were right, he was eating in the cafeteria and according to Sundog there were good vegan options.

I remember reading somewhere about the waitresses documenting but don't see it in the article - do you have the link?

What restaurant?
It’s in the same article, just scroll down:

“Jordan Serulneck, 34, who runs Seven Siren Brewing Company in Kohberger's native Pennsylvania, said the suspect had problematic interactions with women at his bar.
Serulneck told NBC workers labeled Kohberger in their systems as a guy who 'makes creepy comments' and said he once called a staffer 'a *advertiser censored*' for spurning his advances.

Idaho Murders Suspect Bryan Kohberger Informs Prosecutors He Has No Evidence to Present at Trial at This Time​

Inside Edition
Chris Spargo
2/3/2023

"One week after prosecutors responded to the defense's request for discovery by handing over 995 pages of documents and close to 2000 photos as part of the discovery process, Kohberger and his lawyer responded to the prosecution's request.

Bryan Kohberger told prosecutors that he has yet to gather evidence that he plans to use at trial, in a court filing this week.
One week after prosecutors responded to the defense's request for discovery by handing over 995 pages of documents and close to 2,000 photos as part of the discovery process, Kohberger and his lawyer responded to the prosecution's request in a filing obtained by Inside Edition Digital.

"There are no books, papers, documents, photographs, or copies, or portions thereof in the possession of the Defendant at this time, which will be submitted at the time of trial," said the response filed on Monday.

"There are no results or reports of physical or mental examinations or scientific tests which are in the possession of the Defendant at this time, which will be submitted at the time of trial."

Kohberger and his attorney noted after both of these statements that they may use items "that have been disclosed by the State in discovery material" at trial.

The Idaho murders suspect "may also call as a witness people that were disclosed as a potential witness by the State and any other persons who were named by the State within other discovery materials," the filing says."

Idaho Murders Suspect Bryan Kohberger Tells Prosecutors He Has No Evidence to Present at Trial

Last edited:

What restaurant?
I think this is the only instance documented in MSM, from back when he was in PA, where he harassed female waitresses and customers. This link has been posted a bunch of times and discussed here earlier in January threads. There haven't been any similar instances reported since he moved to WA. MOO

"Several months ago, Kohberger visited the Seven Sirens Brewing Company several times, harassing the women who worked there, owner Jordan Serulneck, 34, told NBC News.

Kohberger, who usually sat alone at the bar “observing and watching,” stood out for his interactions with employees and patrons, Serulneck said.

The brewery, which scans everyone’s IDs, has a system in which staff members can add notes or comments about a patron that will pop up on a screen whenever the ID is scanned again, Serulneck told the network.

“Staff put in there, ‘Hey, this guy makes creepy comments, keep an eye on him. He’ll have two or three beers and then just get a little too comfortable,” he said.

Kohberger would ask women — staff or customers — who they were at the brewery with, and where they lived, Serulneck said. If the women weren’t interested, “he would get upset with them a little bit.”

In one instance, Seruneck recalled he called an employee a “” when she declined to answer his questions.

Serulneck said he was forced to confront Kohberger during his final visit to the brewery.

“I went up to him and I said, ‘Hey Bryan, welcome back. We appreciate you coming back. … I just wanted to talk to you real quick and make sure that you’re going to be respectful this time and we’re not going to have any issues,’” Serulneck said he told the alleged murderer, who was stunned."

Bryan Kohberger harassed women at Pennsylvania brewery: report

Idaho Murders Suspect Bryan Kohberger Informs Prosecutors He Has No Evidence to Present at Trial at This Time​

Inside Edition
Chris Spargo
2/3/2023

"One week after prosecutors responded to the defense's request for discovery by handing over 995 pages of documents and close to 2000 photos as part of the discovery process, Kohberger and his lawyer responded to the prosecution's request.

Bryan Kohberger told prosecutors that he has yet to gather evidence that he plans to use at trial, in a court filing this week.
One week after prosecutors responded to the defense's request for discovery by handing over 995 pages of documents and close to 2,000 photos as part of the discovery process, Kohberger and his lawyer responded to the prosecution's request in a filing obtained by Inside Edition Digital.

"There are no books, papers, documents, photographs, or copies, or portions thereof in the possession of the Defendant at this time, which will be submitted at the time of trial," said the response filed on Monday.
"There are no results or reports of physical or mental examinations or scientific tests which are in the possession of the Defendant at this time, which will be submitted at the time of trial."

Kohberger and his attorney noted after both of these statements that they may use items "that have been disclosed by the State in discovery material" at trial.

The Idaho murders suspect "may also call as a witness people that were disclosed as a potential witness by the State and any other persons who were named by the State within other discovery materials," the filing says."

Idaho Murders Suspect Bryan Kohberger Tells Prosecutors He Has No Evidence to Present at Trial
So why did he express hope to be "exonerated" if he has no proof of his supposed innocence? o_O

Look at his look in the video of him being stopped in Indiana. Pretty scary face and glare.

He has shown via the bodycam video and in court he stares without blinking, it's intense and unnerving.
If he did this frequently in class and around campus I guarantee you that students talked about him being a creeper.

"He was the type to stare," she told the magazine. "He wouldn't look away if you caught him staring. Like he wanted you to notice that he was looking at you. He didn't smile, didn't nod, didn't say anything. Just stared."

I have met a few people like this (one was a stalker) and the word I use is "nervy". As small or socially awkward or outcast-y or unpopular they might be - they do not seem to get intimidated (unless maybe until really backed into a corner but I'm not totally sure on that).

They don't seems to flinch and relish in making others uncomfortable. It's quite creepy and bewildering to encounter someone like this in life...It's like - what is up with that guy? Ugh. JMO, MOO

I have met a few people like this (one was a stalker) and the word I use is "nervy". As small or socially awkward or outcast-y or unpopular they might be - they do not seem to get intimidated (unless maybe until really backed into a corner but I'm not totally sure on that).

They don't seems to flinch and relish in making others uncomfortable. It's quite creepy and bewildering to encounter someone like this in life...It's like - what is up with that guy? Ugh. JMO, MOO

I would call it intense, intimidating, and brazen. They enjoy watching others esp. women fear afraid.
I haven't met someone who stared that ended up having a legit and genuine reason for staring someone down.
It's antisocial behavior and everyone except small children knows that it's rude.
This guy has so many red flags about his behavior.

I would call it intense, intimidating, and brazen. They enjoy watching others esp. women fear afraid.
I haven't met someone who stared that ended up having a legit and genuine reason for staring someone down.
It's antisocial behavior and everyone except small children knows that it's rude.
This guy has so many red flags about his behavior.
One person I did experience this with was behind me in a coffee line up and was almost up on me - no personal space and was staring at my chest area openly (I was wearing a lab coat uniform so nothing exposing anything).

I looked around at others around me to see if anyone else was seeing what I was seeing/experiencing as I was bewildered at the nerve. I asked in a snide, sarcastic tone: excuse me, can I help you? He said: nope. And kept it up! Again, so nervy and brazen. He was enjoying it all. He was small in stature, I could've taken him haha... but I found it so unsettling.

Maybe you're right and an antisocial type, I'm not sure. Sorry not trying to get off topic here but people should know these types of people are out there! If anyone encounters these people, steer clear! They are just not right. I feel by the descriptions of BK I get a sense what type of person he is. Definitely off and off putting. Again, JMO, MOO

For some weekend musings: :)

Latah County jail is in the middle of town and is not a very large facility. (It’s across the street from the high school, too. It would be weird to think that BK was existing just a block away. IMO, MMO)
View attachment 399877View attachment 399877

It has 42 cells. Detention

There are some interesting characters in the jail with BK. Some must be awaiting trial. Others go in and out pretty quickly. Surely, most people coming in since last fall know about the murders and probably BK. For folks who are familiar with jails this size, do the inmates try to say things to each other? What kind of contact do they have with each other? Would BK be kept separate for his own safety?

Anyway, there might be some interesting interactions in there. IMO MOO

Current jail roster:
I wonder how that works in a county jail though? Can they all still hear each other?

According to this article:

BK is isolated by being the only one in his cell. Doesn't sound like there is a separate section for segregation like in large jails and if this is the case then he can likely hear other inmates.

He needs to be careful of what he says to inmates because of jail snitches wanting to gain leverage for their own cases.

This happened to another murder suspect in jail - inmates trying to get incriminating information from him:

According to this article:

BK is isolated by being the only one in his cell. Doesn't sound like there is a separate section for segregation like in large jails and if this is the case then he can likely hear other inmates.

He needs to be careful of what he says to inmates because of jail snitches wanting to gain leverage for their own cases.

This happened to another murder suspect in jail - inmates trying to get incriminating information from him:

I don't think he will confide to anybody there.

But he might exhaust them with all kinds of surveys and his favourite topic of "criminal minds".

JMO

Last edited:
So why did he express hope to be "exonerated" if he has no proof of his supposed innocence? o_O

I was trying to think of what evidence would prove he didn't do it. He lived alone, so no one could say he was home, no alibi there. It's unlikely he can use cell or video evidence to prove he wasn't there. He can't prove he didn't buy a knife. He can't prove that he never went to Moscow. He doesn't have to testify, so they can't trip him there. I just can't think of what he would use to prove his innocence. this does not mean there isn't any. I just can't think of what it would be. jmo idk jmo

The state has the burden of proof, and if the defense plans to attack/diminish/dispute the state's evidence, whether it be phone ping or vegan pizza receipts, all that evidence will come from the state imo jmo. It’s pretty difficult to prove a negative. Maybe the defense is just going to shut down the prosecution evidence with a goal of creating reasonable doubt.

idk, just not sure what BK could do to prove his innocence. I look forward to hearing other thoughts on this.

He has shown via the bodycam video and in court he stares without blinking, it's intense and unnerving.
If he did this frequently in class and around campus I guarantee you that students talked about him being a creeper.
That is the face he showed a deputy and a trooper. Men, men he admired.
MOO the one he showed waitresses, would have an undertone of more hostility and targeted interest.

I was trying to think of what evidence would prove he didn't do it. He lived alone, so no one could say he was home, no alibi there. It's unlikely he can use cell or video evidence to prove he wasn't there. He can't prove he didn't buy a knife. He can't prove that he never went to Moscow. He doesn't have to testify, so they can't trip him there. I just can't think of what he would use to prove his innocence. this does not mean there isn't any. I just can't think of what it would be. jmo idk jmo

The state has the burden of proof, and if the defense plans to attack/diminish/dispute the state's evidence, whether it be phone ping or vegan pizza receipts, all that evidence will come from the state imo jmo. It’s pretty difficult to prove a negative. Maybe the defense is just going to shut down the prosecution evidence with a goal of creating reasonable doubt.

idk, just not sure what BK could do to prove his innocence. I look forward to hearing other thoughts on this.
He can't say he was at home, as his car was recorded leaving Pullman that night.
There is a cctv camera at his accommodation there.

He can't say he was at home, as his car was recorded leaving Pullman that night.
There is a cctv camera at his accommodation there.
true enough that a car fitting the description of his was seen and it matches up to his cell phone records - but there's wiggle room there. I'm not saying it's convincing, I'm just saying it's there. and he can say he was at home, it's just not believable imo jmo. But if he lived with someone, they could say he was home asleep with them, and then BK could say someone must have taken his car and yes, he remembers he'd left his phone in the car. Without the person to support the alibi, BK can still try the 'they took my car and my phone' bit, but no one to support that alibi and there's still no evidence associated with that. so again to your point about him presenting evidence, idK what he could present.imo jmo idk

edited for detail

Last edited:
true enough. but if he lived with someone, they could say he was home asleep with them, and someone took his car an he'd left his phone in it, but without the person to give the alibi, he can still try the 'they took my car and my phone' bit, but no one to support that alibi and there's still no evidence associated with that. so again to your point about him presenting evidence, idK what he could present.

That’s a really good point. It would be very interesting to see what has been turned over to the defense in discovery so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname