ID - 4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered - Bryan Kohberger Arrested - Moscow # 71

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okay, this is well worth reading.

The Tl:dr version is: SG, attorney for the Goncalves family, claims that the amended gag order should not apply to his clients, since they are not parties to the case. And, that he should be allowed to speak for them. He asks for a hearing.

Let's be realistic :)

If we leave our DNA whenever we are, even without touching things, then simple logic tells us that our traces are left in overwhelming way at the crime scene, not the innocent person "framed".

Let's not get crazy - otherwise anybody can claim that he/she was maliciously framed by phantom perps.

Thank you very much.
I have no further questions :)
Potentially.

but i think you're missing the point entirely. it's a complex process and faulty leaps and logically fallacious arguments will not serve well in the long run imo jmo.

no offense, but that's exactly what an intelligent person would do, regardless of guilt or innocence. jmo imo If LE started out with how's your day going?, I'd answer. As soon as they flipped to asking about murder, I'd ask for an attorney. And with his education, it looks like the is the one thing that sunk in. I wonder when they mirandized him?
Edited to say: I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence or education. IMO, an innocent person would answer all of LE's questions regardless of where they went to the best of their ability. Whether or not they had a lawyer or in what manner they were arrested, MOO

Last edited:
No offense to you either, but I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence or education. IMO, an innocent person would answer all of LE's questions regardless of where they went to the best of their ability. Whether or not they had a lawyer or in what manner they were arrested, MOO

the rule I learned in crim law is that if questioned by LE, be polite, shut up, ask for an attorney, regardless of guilt or innocence. if you do a quick google, you'll find lots of support re my opinion jmo imo. editing because I remembered @Cassady is a smart atty who can perhaps weigh in.

Last edited:
not to argue, but in every crim law lecture I've attended, the rule is be polite, shut up, ask for an attorney, regardless of guilt or innocence. if you do a quick google, you'll find lots of support re my opinion jmo imo.
After watching hundreds of true crime shows, I would want a lawyer with me before I said a word, even of course, assuming I was innocent. I have seen so many crime shows where the police get so focused on one potential defendant that they are like a dog with a bone. Many of those people they focused on did not have attorneys, answered all of their questions and even took a polygraph test. I would not take a polygraph either because they cannot be relied on which is why they are not allowed in a court of law. Sociopaths pass them every day of the week, and innocent people flunk just as often. I find myself livid watching some of these cases where the police so focused on only one person, to the exclusion of almost all others, it is horrible to watch. Of course the police have to focus on those closest to the murder victim, but so often it is a singular focus. There is a series on Oxygen called "Unexpected Killers"- I keep saying for the police there should not be unexpected killers because they should not limit their field of suspects to only those close to the victim.

Hmm...
But how can a person leave evidence at a place he/she never visited?

Sure, sometimes ppl get "framed" by real perps.

But it only shows the poor effort of investigators b/c real perps leave much more evidence than a "framed" innocent person with "planted" one.
JMO

It'll be interesting to see how rare this is though as I suspect it's very rare. I haven't found any numbers on it. MOO.

It all depends on the good work of detectives.
Sloppy investigators are to be blamed.
JMO

Maybe, but I don't think they're the only ones to blame. Prosecutors get it wrong sometimes and defense attorneys also miss things/don't provide a good defense. A jury is made up of ordinary people. They make mistakes, like all humans.

MOO.

After watching hundreds of true crime shows, I would want a lawyer with me before I said a word, even of course, assuming I was innocent. I have seen so many crime shows where the police get so focused on one potential defendant that they are like a dog with a bone. Many of those people they focused on did not have attorneys, answered all of their questions and even took a polygraph test. I would not take a polygraph either because they cannot be relied on which is why they are not allowed in a court of law. Sociopaths pass them every day of the week, and innocent people flunk just as often. I find myself livid watching some of these cases where the police so focused on only one person, to the exclusion of almost all others, it is horrible to watch. Of course the police have to focus on those closest to the murder victim, but so often it is a singular focus. There is a series on Oxygen called "Unexpected Killers"- I keep saying for the police there should not be unexpected killers because they should not limit their field of suspects to only those close to the victim.
I found Paul Holes' book Unmasked really compelling, and he provided examples you'd probably love reading about. imo BK's silence and request for an attorney, innocent or guilty though he may be, was a smart move that showed he learned something in his crim law classes. jmo imo.

Last edited:
It all depends on the good work of detectives.
Sloppy investigators are to be blamed.
JMO

Agree about sloppy detectives— not to mention those who are outright dishonest. Unfortunately, they give the good, honest investigators a bad name.

From Ashleigh Banfield's program, info she says came from "a couple of sources familiar with the investigation" on "the order" in which the four of them were killed (also the "manner" but it is very graphic as she warns).

So: unnamed sources = take it with a grain of salt, or if you don't care for AB's show, as mods have reiterated, please just "roll and scroll".

Paraphrasing, AB's sources say:

Kaylee and Maddie were killed first in Maddie's bedroom on the 3rd floor.

Ethan was killed next in the area of Xana's bedroom door on the 2nd floor.

Xana was killed last in her bedroom and she had wounds that indicate she fought the attacker extensively.

Sources: Idaho victim Xana Kernodle was killed last and fought back | Banfield

After the autopsy, weren't we told they didn't know in what order they were killed in? Or am I misremembering?

Maybe, but I don't think they're the only ones to blame. Prosecutors get it wrong sometimes and defense attorneys also miss things/don't provide a good defense. A jury is made up of ordinary people. They make mistakes, like all humans.

MOO.
I wonder how the defense is going to handle the DNA in BK's case. That's what I'm interested to see. also, if you haven't ventured to the innocence project, you can find the reasons for exonerations and the numbers. also, this:

I think BK is probably guilty, jmo imo, but I want to watch them try this case. I do hope they have more than in the PCA jmo imo.

DBM. Sorry I deleted because the case was so convoluted, but I’ll leave the article here if anyone wants to read how Ann Taylor got a murder conviction overturned because of false testimony by a police officer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member