Found Deceased WY - Gabby Petito, Grand Teton National Park #86

Status
Not open for further replies.
That link clarified something for me. Since the blood on Gabby's cheek, eye, and forehead was also over her nose, it demonstrates that Brian also covered her airway and obstructed her breathing.

The photo demonstrates the cut previously noted on her left cheek as well as blood smeared from her forehead, across her left eye and cheek and over her nose, indicating that she was grabbed over her face in such a way that her airways were likely obstructed.

edit: spelling

If Gabby took her selfie to document her injuries like this, did Brian catch her and take her phone away?

Is this why Gabby didn’t have access to her phone and Brian had to produce it when questioned by the police later in Moab?
I figured Brian would have tried to delete any incriminating info from Gabby's phone after he killed her, including photos. I wonder if forensics can tell if this image was recovered from the cloud after a deletion attempt.

Her face did not have blood on it when officer's pulled her over so it was not water the officer provided.

Mere seconds after exiting the van:

View attachment 401259

2:19 in:
I would like to see a better resolution for these images, it's hard for me to tell.
All IMHO:
At the time of this recording Gabby planned on showing her face in public soon (they were on their way to the Arches) so IMO she would have tried to clean up and hide her injuries as much as possible. Abusers don't like it when their victims are visibly injured, it attracts too much attention. Visible injuries also force the abuser to literally face the consequences of his actions, which make them even angrier. Brian would definitely have insisted that Gabby look "presentable" when they arrived.

edit to add: Watching the footage again, I realize that Gabby apologizes to the officer before he even asks a question :(

I would like to see a better resolution for these images, it's hard for me to tell.
All IMHO:
At the time of this recording Gabby planned on showing her face in public soon (they were on their way to the Arches) so IMO she would have tried to clean up and hide her injuries as much as possible. Abusers don't like it when their victims are visibly injured, it attracts too much attention. Visible injuries also force the abuser to literally face the consequences of his actions, which make them even angrier. Brian would definitely have insisted that Gabby look "presentable" when they arrived.

edit to add: Watching the footage again, I realize that Gabby apologizes to the officer before he even asks a question :(
I agree about getting a better image than the one I grabbed. I linked the vid so people could check it out for themselves. It's a lot easier to tell from the vid than from a SS grab.

I figured Brian would have tried to delete any incriminating info from Gabby's phone after he killed her, including photos. I wonder if forensics can tell if this image was recovered from the cloud after a deletion attempt.
I phones have private albums too. So he might not have known it existed. She could have also hidden it in drafts on SM.

Her face did not have blood on it when officer's pulled her over so it was not water the officer provided.

Mere seconds after exiting the van:

View attachment 401259

2:19 in:
Those are not very good images IMO. You can clearly see a large scratch on her cheek however. Why exactly are you questioning this? The woman was murdered by her abuser.

I agree about getting a better image than the one I grabbed. I linked the vid so people could check it out for themselves. It's a lot easier to tell from the vid than from a SS grab
Yes, it's easier to clearly see her injuries on the raw video IMO

Those are not very good images IMO. You can clearly see a large scratch on her cheek however. Why exactly are you questioning this? The woman was murdered by her abuser.
I was answering someone's post which was "Maybe she used the water LE gave her to wipe her face? ".

She didn't have blood on her face when LE pulled her over so she couldn't have used "water LE gave her to wipe her face". That's all I was pointing out. :)

And I agree it's not the best image. I linked the vid so people could check it out for themselves. It's a lot easier to tell from the vid than from a SS grab.

So, given what we know from the 911 call(s), this must have been before he was punching her and chasing her down the sidewalk. Did he catch her documenting her injuries just before their conflict spilled onto the sidewalk?

So, given what we know from the 911 call(s), this must have been before he was punching her and chasing her down the sidewalk. Did he catch her documenting her injuries just before their conflict spilled onto the sidewalk?
I was trying to find the 911 call information but for some reason was not finding it. Was the time it was called in ever released?

I was trying to find the 911 call information but for some reason was not finding it. Was the time it was called in ever released?
The call that resulted in the police being dispatched came in at 4:44 (Gabby Petito was seen 'hitting' boyfriend, police report reveals). It was moments after the caller witnessed the kerfuffle on the sidewalk. The photo was thought to have been taken at 4:37 (Domestic Violence Experts Weigh in on Significance of Gabby Petito's Injuries | Parker & McConkie)

Poor thing is very dehydrated in the photo -- look at her lips. IIRC, one of the things she said to LE was that they were out of water and she was really thirsty, which is why she didn't want to "calm down" or be told to take a walk around the block before they went back to the park to fill up their water tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member