Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speculation ahead…,

As far as unknown/known fishermen/others are concerned would a giddy dog be appreciated where you’re trying to set up/have a quiet walk and an off lead dog is hairing round and appearing out of control with a distracted owner?

Just as much a simple stumble fall; a simple misconceived shove during an altercation can also end just as badly.

Sometimes people are just incredibly lucky and get away with stuff as timing just synchronises in a way that works for them.

It’s certainly a bit odd the way this is heading…..

yeah. I understood, it's why I said try the Websleuths search function.

So using the Websleuths search function will take you to examples other posters have already mentioned - across the 12 threads
I just used it & got this:

I am well aware how to use the search function - your example was *2 months* later.

Perhaps I need to repeat: I am aware of all the links to other drowning cases on these threads, I’ve read many of them.

However I have not found any case on here or on Google of a body found 11 miles away 2 weeks later.

While I think it would be possible in large fast flowing river I still haven’t found an actual example.

So if anyone knows of one, please post.

Speculation ahead…,

As far as unknown/known fishermen/others are concerned would a giddy dog be appreciated where you’re trying to set up/have a quiet walk and an off lead dog is hairing round and appearing out of control with a distracted owner?

Just as much a simple stumble fall; a simple misconceived shove during an altercation can also end just as badly.

Sometimes people are just incredibly lucky and get away with stuff as timing just synchronises in a way that works for them.

It’s certainly a bit odd the way this is heading…..
I've been speculating this as well. Our local Facebook is full of people complaining about dogs running around, chasing joggers, jumping up etc while owners are on their phones.

I've been speculating this as well. Our local Facebook is full of people complaining about dogs running around, chasing joggers, jumping up etc while owners are on their phones.
That’s what made me think, the amount of online arguments about cyclists/off lead dogs on my local FB group is ridiculous.

I'm sure none of the villagers would mind having their property searched though. Anyone that did would immediately raise a red flag imo
If someone went missing from my village I can't hand on heart say I'd not mind the police searching my property. I'm a law abiding citizen but wouldn't want the police in my house for no reason. Its a big leap to be sure that no one would mind and imo not necessarily a red flag if they did

JMO

I am well aware how to use the search function - your example was *2 months* later.

Perhaps I need to repeat: I am aware of all the links to other drowning cases on these threads, I’ve read many of them.

However I have not found any case on here or on Google of a body found 11 miles away 2 weeks later.

While I think it would be possible in large fast flowing river I still haven’t found an actual example.

So if anyone knows of one, please post.
Have you Googled it? What exactly do you want to know? Try Google Scholar Forensics peer reviewed and cited..

According to Nicola's LinkedIn page, she had been working at the Mortgage company as an advisor since February 2022.

Her previous position ended in 2013.

That leaves a gap of 9 years.

What was she doing during this time? Being a stay-at-home Mum to raise her 2 girls?
Nicola also worked for I Love Park Homes or Love Park Homes estate agents and either I Love Homes or Love Homes, organising mortgages. The boss made a comment hoping she would be found. And Nicola mentioned them on one of her websites, as well as Exclusively Mortgages, who I believe the teams call was with.

Last edited:
@cottonweaver

In response to your reply to my post on the other thread.

Apparently I need to clarify my question: I am aware of all the links to other drowning cases on these threads, I’ve read many of them.

What I have not seen and asked you or any other poster to provide is an example of a drowning case where a body was found 11 miles downstream 2 weeks later.

I'm not sure anyone has searched that (I was specifically searching historical information linked to St Michaels/Garstang at the exact point. But as St Michael's and Garstang are small places the number of cases to look at will be limited).

A very quick Google search pulls up quite a lot of recent examples, some below. As I've said previously, there was a river drowning in my family...travelled seven miles in four days.

Obviously different rivers/situations before anyone points this out (this is just a quick search and others are encouraged to do the same) but stories such as these raise doubts about PF's claims that drowning victims (in general) don't travel far.

Seven miles in ten days

Five miles in three days

Five miles in one day

Twenty miles in four days

Thirty miles in ten days

Last edited:
Don't shoot the messenger but this quote was from this newspaper, when somebody else posted the link last week

'Parachute Regiment for the British Army for six years'
( airborne infantry)

Your right,. I suppose it amused some people, my comment, and why not

The body I found in the Thames some years ago was a suicide and he had moved about 2 miles in a week in summer conditions with not much flow (about 3/4mph flow speed). The LP knew who it was as his car had been found close to the river and they assumed the outcome. Its when the body floats that it becomes visible. This is what I was told at the time. It had just surfaced.

Curious in a way that it has been two weeks in the case of this MP but there may be underwater obstructions. Having said that the deceased that I found had travelled a quite a long way under lots of tree growth, boat moorings and other obstructions and still ended up floating past my boat while I was having a cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tmholden913