Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not what happens in a potential murder / death scene though, the wider area is taped off from the general public, a couple of officers are stood guard, forensic evidence is collected and a finger tip search of the whole area. Did this happen because I am repeatedly reading that none of this happened and notable 'retired detectives' have come out to the UK press to state they believe there have been huge failings.

Also there was a firm narrative - that NB had accidentally drowned - and with any such, that hampers investigation, hampers public engagement, repels potential wintnesses, and destroys evidence gathering close to the scene.

JMO MOO
There is neither evidence of a death nor a murder. The police remain open to all possibilities.
it was their own investigation supported by countless expert agencies that made the river their main hypotheses.
They have NEVER stated otherwise.

What I'd expect is not to be privy to the details on how professionals do their jobs.
I trust them in this case.
I have no reason not to , not even one.
Im wondering why more people are not like this.
The amount of folk that refuse to accept the police will have more information is astounding.
Also, does this police force have a history we arent aware of? There is extreme distrust?

I think the concerns for most people centre around the speed to eliminate anything other than missing potentially drowned, whilst this lady's life could possibly be in peril elsewhere, that the opportunity to save her could be lost
it was first mentioned at the first presser given by SIO Riley.
Not exactly the same as saying it was on the day she disappeared.
It was based on 000's hrs of investigation involving several police forces and multiple daily searches of the area..

Im wondering why more people are not like this.
The amount of folk that refuse to accept the police will have more information is astounding.
Also, does this police force have a history we arent aware of? There is extreme distrust?
I checked, didn't find any.
I think it's a well co-ordinated attack on police.
It's not reasonable at all because so many highly reputable agencies are on board here, agencies with world class reputations training and equipment.
But anyone with eyes will see this for what it is.
It does not help find her.

A council has removed parish councillors' contact details after several received "vile" telephone calls over missing Nicola Bulley.

Describing the calls as "vile" he also reiterated appeals for people to stay away from the village after an influx of visitors from far afield since Ms Bulley's disappearance.
"It has been busier than ever this weekend," he said.
"People seem to want to play detectives but please stay away and leave it to the police.
"The community want to return to some sort of normality."
He said some residents had been left scared by people peering into their properties at night leading them to bring in private security.

Ms Bulley was last seen by another dog walker at about 09:10 GMT.

About 25 minutes later her phone, still connected to a Teams call, was found on a bench on a steep riverbank overlooking the water, along with the dog lead and harness on the ground.

Any bodies found in waterways?

He didn't find firefighter Anthony Knott who went into the Ouse in Lewes, East Sussex in 2019.

I know it's been mentioned before on here, but his latest book was published just two weeks ago to not much fanfare.
I'm sure his involving himself in a high profile case hasn't harmed sales.

Is it possible that the person who found Willow and her phone just didn't think to look in the water? They didn't seem to act in much haste to the situation so to me it comes across as in that they didn't assume anyone would be in danger and therefore didn't look in the water? JMO.
It’s definitely possible, but is it probable? I suppose you have to put yourself in that situation. The only visible ‘danger’ is the river. That would be the first place I looked. They wouldn’t have called the school to say they had found her dog and phone if they didn’t think something wasn’t right. Surely they’d have taken the dog and phone home. But common sense tells you that people don’t often leave their phone or dog mid walk. JMO but I would find it immediately unnerving and check the river asap

Edited for typo

So are police now considering other possibilities aside from river drowning? Or can recent headlines still support this is still the avenue they are pursuing?
I think they said they believed she’d drowned as it seemed the most likely explanation given the circumstances and hoped the media coverage would die down and not to panic the public. For one reason or another it just got much worse though and now looks like they were wrong anyway. Confidence in the police was so low before this case and I think they are not going to change their stance unless they are 100% sure of what happened.
It’s so high profile they must have every available resource working on this case and know they have to solve it to restore some face.

I mean police are human like us, and committed to justice. Often very suspicious of human nature. They’ll have been looking for an abductor. And they’ll really want to find NB.I’m sure many doing overtime.

"People seem to want to play detectives but please stay away and leave it to the police.

"The community want to return to some sort of normality."
He said some residents had been left scared by people peering into their properties at night leading them to bring in private security.

Wyre Council leader Michael Vincent said the abusive calls made on Saturday had been reported to police.

IMO the public reaction to this case, "playing detective", is reflective of a wider growing lack of trust in the police in the UK (e.g. various Met Police scandals, Sarah Everard, the Leah Croucher investigation, focus on non-crimes). The "in the river" main theory, despite the unclear circumstances, triggered it with the NB investigation. Social media influencers have amplified it in a way never seen before (e.g. likely cashing in on the YouTube views). It'll probably become a sociological case study, like the 2011 riots. Lancashire Police really need to strengthen their comms, as this has potential to spin further out of control in terms of police trust and reputation. JMO.

I would have to agree totally. Unfortunately this case has got way way out of hand. There are people posting video clips on TikTok, umpteen mediums saying this that and t'other thats without all the Facebook Groups that have sprung up. I think things are calming news wise and tbh I don't think that's a bad thing. Absolutely analytical groups like this are helpful but some of the video's, comments etc I have seen on Social Media. Dear God. And the absolutely terrible terrible thing is that these poor children are going to look back on this coverage in years to come. One would rather hope that the family does block certain area's of the internet off for these two little girls as they get a bit computer savvy to be honest. Some of the comments I have seen would be dreadfully damaging to them.
The crisis actors have entered as well
This is
BBC’s Disinformation & Social Media Correspondent | Investigations
@BBCPanorama
| Radio 4’s Disaster Trolls

IMO the public reaction to this case, "playing detective", is reflective of a wider growing lack of trust in the police in the UK (e.g. various Met Police scandals, Sarah Everard, the Leah Croucher investigation, focus on non-crimes). The "in the river" main theory, despite the unclear circumstances, triggered it with the NB investigation. Social media influencers have amplified it in a way never seen before (e.g. likely cashing in on the YouTube views). It'll probably become a sociological case study, like the 2011 riots. Lancashire Police really need to strengthen their comms, as this has potential to spin further out of control in terms of police trust and reputation. JMO.
Here's another example

BBC’s Disinformation & Social Media Correspondent | Investigations
@BBCPanorama
| Radio 4’s Disaster Trolls

13TH FEB.

A SEARCH and rescue expert is hunting for places where missing mum-of-two Nicola Bulley could be buried.

Peter Faulding, who has worked on a series of high-profile missing person cases, plans to scour the area close to where the 45-year-old vanished for possible "deposition sites".

He said he decided to launch his own "low-key" search after having a "frank" conversation with Nicola's partner Paul and friend Heather Gibbons.

It has been 18 days since the mortgage adviser disappeared and cops are no closer to finding her.

Forensic expert Faulding, who has located scores of bodies, sometimes when police have failed to, told The Express: "I was frank with Paul and Heather the other day because we need to consider possible deposition sites, we don't know.

"I'm not saying the police aren't doing that and what I don't want to do is interfere with the police operation.

it was first mentioned at the first presser given by SIO Riley.
Not exactly the same as saying it was on the day she disappeared.
It was based on 000's hrs of investigation involving several police forces and multiple daily searches of the area..
Not that I intimated a specific timescale to their focus, merely speed

I am sure that Nicola is sadly in the river. Those who doubt that mostly do so because she hasn't been found despite the divers entering the water to search for her within a few hours of her disappearance. In my eyes the only explanation for this is that they missed her and by the time Peter's team searched the area ten days later, she was miles downstream. It really is terrible for her family, especially her two young daughters whom she obviously doted on and likely won't have their Mum around because of a tragic accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smallfry92