Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only assume he means police who are in no way privvy to this case?

A diver searching for Nicola Bulley has police "are calling him and agreeing" as she shares doubts over the case. It has now been more than two weeks since the mum disappeared without a trace.

Peter Faulding has spoken out in a new interview, discussing the fruitless search to find the missing mum. Nicola vanished along the River Wyre, over a fortnight ago, while she was walking her pet dog Willow. He told The Telegraph: “On the river on the day it wasn’t running very fast.

“I’ve spent a lot of time with the family and they said she was so cautious, did the same route every day, didn’t go near the river and her Fitbit shows she doesn’t go near the river. She would have to be pushed really hard to be launched out into the middle of the river."

I saw another version of the same interview ( Mail) & in that one he says officers from outside L Police

PS re that Strava quote, we had some great posts by a new? member ( sorry can't recall name now) who uploaded his cycle rides on Strava and explained why Strava showed him cycling in one spot when he was, in fact, sat on a bench. he explained the tech on why Strava records cannot be relied on as totally accurate.
( Plus ofc, there's the medical emergency angle. I posted the Royal College of Pathology guidelines for drowning autopsies - a few hours ago - they're pretty clear that an ME can precede a fall into water when they're trying to ascertain cause of death)

I know different depths have been mentioned, but I only recall a depth of around 4m being mentioned on ITV News at some point. I must admit that I also have this uncomfortable feeling that she may in fact be much closer to the bench than most people are thinking, perhaps lodged in a place that is very easy to miss. Having said that, the main problem I have with this feeling is that Peter's team carried out a targeted search of the area around the bench to begin with and seems extremely confident that she is not in that area.
Thanks for that, and for those of us who still deal in ft. measurements, lol (in Canada here we switched from ft. to metres many yrs back but still...) anyways that would be about 13 feet which isn't all that deep to 'check out' re. sonar and/or by eyesight (if not too murky). I just assume there are no cave like areas or very thick mud or reedy areas.

I saw another version of the same interview ( Mail) & in that one he says officers from outside L Police

PS re that Strava quote, we had some great posts by a new? member ( sorry can't recall name now) who uploaded his cycle rides on Strava and explained why Strava showed him cycling in one spot when he was, in fact, sat on a bench. he explained the tech on why Strava records cannot be relied on as totally accurate.
( Plus ofc, there's the medical emergency angle. I posted the Royal College of Pathology guidelines for drowning autopsies - a few hours ago - they're pretty clear that an ME can precede a fall into water when they're trying to ascertain cause of death)

was it RonBacardi?

I think the sign may have been put up by farmers or someone else with livestock. Sheep/livestock worrying IMO
That may indeed be the case. That it has been put up at all (jockeying for attention among other signs) obviously illustrates that there have been issues with dogs off the lead along this footpath otherwise no-one would bother to put it up. It's an unofficial initiative otherwise you would expect it to read 'by order of...' or some such.

Abducted for what? Just wondering about this theory.
I mean as in abducted by a predator. Take a look at the statistics in the UK of violence against women and girls.
Maybe NB was being stalked by a predator. (Statistically more likely to be an intimate partner of course). Weirdly, statistically speaking, femicide is most likely to occur on a Friday.

Because as it stands today, she still hasn't been found after 18 days of being missing. Either she's left her own life, in which case she will be identified very soon due to the international coverage. Or been taken, likely killed and disposed of.
Initially I was all for the 'fallen in the river' scenario, and maybe she had some sort of medical episode, like a heart attack or similar, but if this was the case, she would have been discovered by now. Large stretches of the river have been thoroughly searched and nothing has been found. Initially bodies will sink to the bottom of river beds, the water is cold so it will likely stay submerged for longer, that is until decomposition really sets in. Decomposition means her body would float to the surface, (unless entangled) eventually. I don't know the exact science of the timeline of that. But eg. in very warm water, a lifeless body initially sinks, then decomposition sets in, meaning the body will then float to the surface in just a few days.

I think the sign may have been put up by farmers or someone else with livestock. Sheep/livestock worrying IMO
Absolutely... I look after a flock... this time of year is dreadful... the flock I look after has lambed BUT a dog chasing in lamb ewes causes a great deal of damage both to the ewes and the tiny cloven hooves who have yet to enter this life... A farmer friend of mine has put up a very stern warning on a local Facebook group for folk to keep away with dogs from his ewes.

When Supt Sally Riley explained that LP are being advised by national experts ( rivers, searching, this particular estuary etc) I guess she will mean the kinds of people who are commissioned to write reports like this one

It's for Sefton Council & it's about the Wyre river and estuary, lots of charts and maps, niche interest I suppose, but we have a few WS members on this thread who are interested in this kind of thing

example!!

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 23.38.55.png

Last edited:
I was thinking that too! I have no idea if it’s ever been used by police, but a nice strong magnet can pull a motorbike from the murky depths! Maybe there’s someone n the area that does magnet fishing that could help, I was thinking metal detector but it is much quicker with magnet fishing!
Yes I’m really surprised this hasn’t been done yet (if it hasn’t) , it can’t hurt can it?

I responded to your post by showing you that it was 8 days into the search when they stated their hypotheses, not fast IMO.
I wanted to show you what was involved. Courteously btw.
I feel it would be very short-sighted for anyone not to at least have some appreciation of the intensity LE face with this extraordinary case, which we have all here continue to follow with such interest. Also to recognise there are rightly many aspects not released into the public domain. But from own my recollection of that first update there followed a Q&A from the press in which the SIO was pointedly asked the question 'do you have any actual evidence that NB has fallen into the river?' she replied 'no we don't'. And it is clear many were left scratching their heads and questioning what the foundations of their 'preferred' theory were based on? And that has still not really been clarified.
Because even at this stage we are all none the wiser as to what could possibly have happened that day, not with any agreed level of preference or certainty. We all continue to theorise and speculate, expressing our opinions because the case has not progressed to a point that favours one thing or another, except individual beliefs remain.
My own thoughts echo that of many that, if per chance it were to transpire that this lady never was in the river and other possibilities were discounted in the vital early stages due to lack of evidence, it doesn't bear thinking about what reflection that will have on LE, which are already at an all time low in this country.
I intend no disrespect to you or anyone else, just an exchange of opinions and healthy discussion

Latest is police are searching the Wyreside Farm Park caravan site where there was a CCTV blindspot, according to the Telegraph 3 hours ago.
apparently they was there less than an hour but equally they could have been there due to threats the owners were getting

If they was searching the site as the media claimed I imagine there would be more than what appeared to be two members of the police force.

Last edited:
Is it a public park? I've always assumed that both fields are private land belonging to Wyreside Farm with some public rights of way. Here is a map (from the Lancashire County Council website) of the public footpaths (purple dash):

View attachment 402713

Despite the sign on the tree that reads 'Dogs must be kept on a lead at all times', there is no requirement in law to keep your dog on a lead on a public footpath, unless the Local Authority makes an order under section 27 of the Road Traffic Act 1988, which I don't believe is the case here.
The signs are also on Allotment Lane looking at review pics

That may indeed be the case. That it has been put up at all (jockeying for attention among other signs) obviously illustrates that there have been issues with dogs off the lead along this footpath otherwise no-one would bother to put it up. It's an unofficial initiative otherwise you would expect it to read 'by order of...' or some such.
Seems to be signage both ends of an area in the lower field that has a problem with dogs off lead

One message I believe - from PA

Something has been on my mind as well. In an interview with EW, and I’m paraphrasing because I don’t remember her words, says come home to Willow..cozy on the sofa (sorry couldn’t find the article). PA says come home…if you’re watching come home. I’m sure it is just a way of wanting her home, and who knows what you’d say if in that situation. Just wondering if it piqued anyone else’s curiosity?

apparently they was there less than an hour but equally they could have been there due to threats the owners were getting

If they was searching the site as the media claimed I imagine there would be more than what appeared to be two members of the police force.
True, it seems to have been a short visit and maybe not very significant.
Just keeping an eye out for any new developments. The Lancs police seem to be struggling with this case. They've made a few booboos along the way already.

Something has been on my mind as well. In an interview with EW, and I’m paraphrasing because I don’t remember her words, says come home to Willow..cozy on the sofa (sorry couldn’t find the article). PA says come home…if you’re watching come home. I’m sure it is just a way of wanting her home, and who knows what you’d say if in that situation. Just wondering if it piqued anyone else’s curiosity?
Yes,mine!It sounds like they're talking to a runaway and why to Willow ,not " the girls" ?

I am well aware how to use the search function - your example was *2 months* later.

Perhaps I need to repeat: I am aware of all the links to other drowning cases on these threads, I’ve read many of them.

However I have not found any case on here or on Google of a body found 11 miles away 2 weeks later.

While I think it would be possible in large fast flowing river I still haven’t found an actual example.

So if anyone knows of one, please post.
Here’s a recent case here of firefighter Anthony who was found eight miles downstream 3 weeks after drowning in the River Ouse, Lewes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oiueroiuweoiruoiwueroiuwe