Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Info. can be found on Wyre Council website.

Public Space Protection Orders (PSPO) - Dogs​

Control orders​

The Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) which contains restrictions in relation to dog control has been formally approved by Wyre Council and came into force on 23 October 2020. The powers under the Anti-social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2017 replace and add to the powers previously provided under dog control orders and contains the following offences:

• failing to put a dog on a lead when directed to do so by an authorised officer - this allows council officers to direct that a dog is put on a lead when it is causing nuisance and/or danger to other persons and their dogs
  • failing to pick up after your dog
  • failing to exclude dogs from designated areas
  • failing to keep dogs on leads in the designated dogs on leads areas
  • failing to provide at the request of an authorised officer the means to pick up after a dog
  • exercising more than four dogs under the control of one person in a designated area
PSPO areas include but are not limited to:

1676334771997.png

By 'dogs on leads by direction', I assume it means in the way of signs, no doubt placed there by Wyre Council themselves.

I feel it would be very short-sighted for anyone not to at least have some appreciation of the intensity LE face with this extraordinary case, which we have all here continue to follow with such interest. Also to recognise there are rightly many aspects not released into the public domain. But from own my recollection of that first update there followed a Q&A from the press in which the SIO was pointedly asked the question 'do you have any actual evidence that NB has fallen into the river?' she replied 'no we don't'. And it is clear many were left scratching their heads and questioning what the foundations of their 'preferred' theory were based on? And that has still not really been clarified.
Because even at this stage we are all none the wiser as to what could possibly have happened that day, not with any agreed level of preference or certainty. We all continue to theorise and speculate, expressing our opinions because the case has not progressed to a point that favours one thing or another, except individual beliefs remain.
My own thoughts echo that of many that, if per chance it were to transpire that this lady never was in the river and other possibilities were discounted in the vital early stages due to lack of evidence, it doesn't bear thinking about what reflection that will have on LE, which are already at an all time low in this country.
I intend no disrespect to you or anyone else, just an exchange of opinions and healthy discussion
Though I have been here for many years , I am still a neophyte. Always tend not to weigh in. Having said that, my sense is that LP has pulled in many professionals to help and are getting the job done. Seems like a vast area to cover to me.
Can't help but think she is in that river.
She is tiny. 5'3''. Size 5 shoe. Small enough to be snagged somewhere. Awful to ponder and I hope I am wrong.
MOO.

Something has been on my mind as well. In an interview with EW, and I’m paraphrasing because I don’t remember her words, says come home to Willow..cozy on the sofa (sorry couldn’t find the article). PA says come home…if you’re watching come home. I’m sure it is just a way of wanting her home, and who knows what you’d say if in that situation. Just wondering if it piqued anyone else’s curiosity?
Taken out of context, yes it may pique someone's curiosity. However, in context maybe not so much?

Walker - There is a chance isn't there, that somehow she might be out there even watching this? If you could say something to her what would you say to Nikki now?

Paul - Just how much I love her. How much us as a family love her and need her, how well thought of, how much her friend's love her and need her back and we're never going to be the same until she is back. Just come home.

Source

ETA: Apologies I see you were talking about Nicola's sister.

Just found the quote from the interview. Again, for context:

"It's like she's just vanished into thin air. There's no evidence to point us in any direction. Obviously, my hope is that she's still out there. Something's happened and she's... I don't know, needed to take herself off for whatever reason."

She added: "We just want her home. We need her home, her children need her home. It's just absolutely heartbreaking." Nicola's father Ernie said: "This has just emptied our lives at the minute, we just feel so empty.

Source

Last edited:
I feel it would be very short-sighted for anyone not to at least have some appreciation of the intensity LE face with this extraordinary case, which we have all here continue to follow with such interest. Also to recognise there are rightly many aspects not released into the public domain. But from own my recollection of that first update there followed a Q&A from the press in which the SIO was pointedly asked the question 'do you have any actual evidence that NB has fallen into the river?' she replied 'no we don't'. And it is clear many were left scratching their heads and questioning what the foundations of their 'preferred' theory were based on? And that has still not really been clarified.
Because even at this stage we are all none the wiser as to what could possibly have happened that day, not with any agreed level of preference or certainty. We all continue to theorise and speculate, expressing our opinions because the case has not progressed to a point that favours one thing or another, except individual beliefs remain.
My own thoughts echo that of many that, if per chance it were to transpire that this lady never was in the river and other possibilities were discounted in the vital early stages due to lack of evidence, it doesn't bear thinking about what reflection that will have on LE, which are already at an all time low in this country.
I intend no disrespect to you or anyone else, just an exchange of opinions and healthy discussion
It took over 1 year for this missing man to appear in a swampy area of a river... found by canoeists I think. I remember 1000 theories about his work, his running, etc.

David Bird, Wall Street Journal reporter missing 14 months ...

https://www.nydailynews.com › news › national › david-b...

Jun 10, 2015 — Wall Street Journal reporter David Bird accidentally drowned in the Passaic River and was found in the water 14 months later.

He got hypothermic and nothing good resulted. He was in an area he knew well. Not saying this is NB's fate, but it happens.

That's a scenario in my head also.
I agree.

The harness didn’t even have to fall into the river, Willow could have ran off with it and left it halfway down the slope. NB would have then dashed down to retrieve it, bent over, toppled and fell into the river. The shock of the cold water could have made her involuntarily breathe the water in, she wouldn’t have been able to call out and then lost consciousness.

It happens.

It’s tragic and heartbreaking but is the most obvious cause IMO.

I agree.

The harness didn’t even have to fall into the river, Willow could have ran off with it and left it halfway down the slope. NB would have then dashed down to retrieve it, bent over, toppled and fell into the river. The shock of the cold water could have made her involuntarily breathe the water in, she wouldn’t have been able to call out and then lost consciousness.

It happens.

It’s tragic and heartbreaking but is the most obvious cause IMO.
That being so wouldn't there have been dirt or mud on the harness and skid marks from Nicola's heeled Next Welles if she'd slipped?? However the harness wasn't found down a slope .

It took over 1 year for this missing man to appear in a swampy area of a river... found by canoeists I think. I remember 1000 theories about his work, his running, etc.

David Bird, Wall Street Journal reporter missing 14 months ...

https://www.nydailynews.com › news › national › david-b...

Jun 10, 2015 — Wall Street Journal reporter David Bird accidentally drowned in the Passaic River and was found in the water 14 months later.

He got hypothermic and nothing good resulted. He was in an area he knew well. Not saying this is NB's fate, but it happens.
Oooh I'll have a read of that, thank you.
No nothing can be discounted in NB's case, everything remains viable until evidence dictates otherwise. It's not my main theory but the probability can't be ignored

Info. can be found on Wyre Council website.

Public Space Protection Orders (PSPO) - Dogs​

Control orders​

The Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) which contains restrictions in relation to dog control has been formally approved by Wyre Council and came into force on 23 October 2020. The powers under the Anti-social Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2017 replace and add to the powers previously provided under dog control orders and contains the following offences:

• failing to put a dog on a lead when directed to do so by an authorised officer - this allows council officers to direct that a dog is put on a lead when it is causing nuisance and/or danger to other persons and their dogs
  • failing to pick up after your dog
  • failing to exclude dogs from designated areas
  • failing to keep dogs on leads in the designated dogs on leads areas
  • failing to provide at the request of an authorised officer the means to pick up after a dog
  • exercising more than four dogs under the control of one person in a designated area
PSPO areas include but are not limited to:

View attachment 402728

By 'dogs on leads by direction', I assume it means in the way of signs, no doubt placed there by Wyre Council themselves.
Oh I thought you were referring to the sign on the tree at the bench? It doesn’t look official, I was referring to it. Farmers are allowed to make their own signs asking for dogs to be kept on leads if they have livestock in the vicinity. But I see you are referring to Public Pathways, which is different. CROW ACT for England and Wales and SOAC ACT for where I am Scotland, deals with Dogs (Protection of livestock)

I'm thinking about the timeline and the fact that the phone was detected (via telephony) on the bench at 9.20am whilst she was logged into the teams call. If it was me, I could imagine myself sitting on a bench listening into a call and leaving my phone on the bench to listen in, or holding it in my hand. If I was distracted by something close by, I would likely leave the phone on the bench to do whatever it was that distracted me, but making sure I could still hear. I wouldn’t put the phone in the pocket of a heavy jacket because it would muffle the sound (or fear it could slip out of the pocket) and then I wouldn’t be able to her the people on the teams call.

So if this was the case, what distracted her? And then what happened to her?

Did she carry dog poo bags? Did the dog poo and she went to clean it up (that’s a simple exercise that would mean I’d leave the phone on the bench). Did she go to throw a ball or stick to the dog? Did she go to grab Willow to place the harness on Willow and then stumble and dropped the harness - if she misbalanced and fell sideways it may not leave marks in the ground (especially wearing a padded jacket)? If the ground was cold, it would be harder, therefore less likely to leave a mark in the soil/grass? Had it been raining there recently? Is it a fairly steep embankment that would mean you could easily overbalance and quickly tumble into the river?

Gosh I hope they find her soon for the sake of her family and those little girls :(

Oh I thought you were referring to the sign on the tree at the bench? It doesn’t look official, I was referring to it. Farmers are allowed to make their own signs asking for dogs to be kept on leads if they have livestock in the vicinity. But I see you are referring to Public Pathways, which is different. CROW ACT for England and Wales and SOAC ACT for where I am Scotland, deals with Dogs (Protection of livestock)
Regardless of the non official looking sign, that bench area is on private property then?

I'm thinking about the timeline and the fact that the phone was detected (via telephony) on the bench at 9.20am whilst she was logged into the teams call. If it was me, I could imagine myself sitting on a bench listening into a call and leaving my phone on the bench to listen in, or holding it in my hand. If I was distracted by something close by, I would likely leave the phone on the bench to do whatever it was that distracted me, but making sure I could still hear. I wouldn’t put the phone in the pocket of a heavy jacket because it would muffle the sound (or fear it could slip out of the pocket) and then I wouldn’t be able to her the people on the teams call.

So if this was the case, what distracted her? And then what happened to her?

Did she carry dog poo bags? Did the dog poo and she went to clean it up (that’s a simple exercise that would mean I’d leave the phone on the bench). Did she go to throw a ball or stick to the dog? Did she go to grab Willow to place the harness on Willow and then stumble and dropped the harness - if she misbalanced and fell sideways it may not leave marks in the ground (especially wearing a padded jacket)? If the ground was cold, it would be harder, therefore less likely to leave a mark in the soil/grass? Had it been raining there recently? Is it a fairly steep embankment that would mean you could easily overbalance and quickly tumble into the river?

Gosh I hope they find her soon for the sake of her family and those little girls :(
Are there bins on this walk? To dispose of poo bags? Anyone seen any?

Last edited by a moderator:
Dogs are supposed to be kept on leads on the upper and lower fields because of the sheep and poultry in the nearby fields.
Is the bench area on Private property? I thought I read somewhere it maybe was part of the caravan park site?

Though I have been here for many years , I am still a neophyte. Always tend not to weigh in. Having said that, my sense is that LP has pulled in many professionals to help and are getting the job done. Seems like a vast area to cover to me.
Can't help but think she is in that river.
She is tiny. 5'3''. Size 5 shoe. Small enough to be snagged somewhere. Awful to ponder and I hope I am wrong.
MOO.
PF said it was only 2 foot deep at the edges by the bench. NB wouldn't need to swim, just stand up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JennySue80