Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, this is now going to turn people away from the hypothesis that somebody has taken her.
Why does it matter though that the public are discussing a different hypothesis? The police have known about this from day 1 and they're the ones investigating the case, with all the facts at hand, not us.

I don’t see hey people are jumping to the conclusion that she killed herself just because it has now been exposed she had alcohol issues. The thing is, this is now going to turn people away from the hypothesis that somebody has taken her. Killing yourself by way of jumping in a river (not off a bridge or the other variety of methods one would most commonly use to kill themselves) seems still highly unlikely to me.
There’s nothing saying you could even kill yourself by doing it that way. Most people who want to commit the act, has it planned out and it is rarely a spontaneous act which might be surprising to people. If your intention is to kill yourself, you would generally do it in one of the most common ways of doing it to prevent survival. Drowning yourself is not a common way of killing yourself, because naturally you will try to get yourself out of the water. What a way to go that would be. Jumping off a bridge, taking an overdose and hanging yourself is usually the most common way.

Very true
and most probably leaked to them by someone local getting very fed up of the line being pumped out by the family and immediate friends that the missing person has no issues, concerns, previous run ins with the law/social services, happy, successful, steady job and the rest etc - all backed up by the usual sanitized social media photos.
Well quite often the happy selfies hide a lot.

Theoretically all possible but less likely than accidentally or intentionally ending up in a very cold body of water. Sometimes the simplest explanation (albeit with a whole life story behind it) is the most likely.
How come less likely? Please elaborate as I’m interested to know why you think there is nothing to say she has been abducted.

When I read the interview with PA where he spoke of the timeline between when Nicola normally returns from her walk, and how he became increasingly concerned that she hadnt returned.

It makes me wonder if he was worried about her being out alone, tracking the time of when she didn’t return. I say this because my husband would probably think “oh she’s decided to go to the shops, or got talking to someone” and not be overly concerned.
He seemed to know her routine and timelines quite well and kept track of her movements.

IMO JMO MOO

If you were to walk away from your life or enter the river voluntarily, would you not tie up the dog so it wouldn't try to follow you. You would put the harness and lead on the dog. For the dog to be running loose it would have pulled the lead off of where it was tied and then free itself from the harness. Not a dog expert so not sure how easy that is for a dog.

Pure speculation. But let’s say NB was totally sober when getting the kids up and ready and dropping them off. So no-one noticed anything and no-one had any reason to confront her.

After this and before her call, the police know she bought alcohol because they have her on CCTV buying / consuming it. Or, they know she’s drank alcohol in the mornings before (some alcoholics do drink heavily in the mornings. I have done it before now, never driven drunk but have done shots right before work calls and everything else).

With that information and a river, the police suspicion is an accidental or deliberate drowning, especially as no evidence of foul play emerges over days of an investigation. People ask: “how can a fit and healthy woman just fall in a river and drown??” Well, if inebriated, or the police think she might have been, it starts to look more likely. Several people a year will drown this way in the UK. The time of day points against it but the possibility of being drunk near the water’s edge then points back towards it.

Absolutely no moral judgement or victim blaming by me, as having a drinking problem isn’t a moral failing but IMO a mental health problem and I have it myself (anyone in the media reacting with shock is showing their own prejudices IMO — drinking in and of itself does not for me go to reputation. Many female alcoholics in particular are managing pain and trauma not acting out their ego or selfishness).

All my own opinion.

Some would say it wasn't sensitive but I'm not sure there was a good way. Probably also there was an element of trying to curtail the online theorizing about PA, family members and some people in the community. With the benefit of hindsight maybe it would have been better released at the start but I can see why they didn't.
Knowing what they knew at the start isn't is pretty unbelievable no appeal was put out to her to get in touch? I'm trying to fathom whose reputation was at stake here in telling the world she's menopausal and slides off the wagon? It seems to have little bearing on why they have failed to find her

It's private information, medical information is protected data under GDPR. I don't know how the Police can justify releasing it on that point alone.
Whilst there's no shame regarding alcohol or menopause problems, I still wonder why they chose to release this info and I don't agree that they should have shared it, on principle.If anything it will create more speculation IMO.

This is info that would normally be shared during an inquest and not of a missing person.

If anything it undermines the trust in Police further IMO

Last edited:
If you were to walk away from your life or enter the river voluntarily, would you not tie up the dog so it wouldn't try to follow you. You would put the harness and lead on the dog. For the dog to be running loose it would have pulled the lead off of where it was tied and then free itself from the harness. Not a dog expert so not sure how easy that is for a dog.
That too is a troubling factor, leaving Willow vulnerable does not add up. I don't doubt she shared an unconditional love with that dog

It's private information, medical information is protected data under GDPR. I don't know how the Police can justify releasing it on that point alone.
Whilst there's no shame regarding alcohol or menopause problems, I still wonder why they chose to release this info and I don't agree that they should have shared it, if anything it will create more speculation IMO.

This is info that would normally be shared during an inquest and not of a missing person.

Spot on

I doubt PA would have let NB drive the kids to school drunk.
I do highly doubt she was drunk as people would have noticed (those who met her or witnessed her on the walk). Though I get people with alcohol addiction can become so numb to it that sometimes your body is so used it. The thing is…some people enjoy drinking to excess at times, you wouldn’t necessarily call them alcoholics. This could have all been blown out of proportion and here we are victim blaming. “It MUST have been her fault, it MUST have been her jumping into the river, because now we can see she was going through the menopause and she had alcohol issues”. Abductions do happen and over 5,500 people on average, you can have a look at ONS stats and it tells you a lot about that sort of thing which I’m sure people have looked at. Women aren’t harmed as much as men and abductions are rare but still happen.

Whilst there's no shame regarding alcohol or menopause problems, I still wonder why they chose to release this info and I don't agree that they should have shared it, on principle.If anything it will create more speculation IMO.

I do agree, but would it have been better released by the police or by the press?

Imagine the feeling of uncertainty, for someone like nicola (an upstanding citizen), not knowing if she was facing charges or not (MOO) regarding whatever happened on the 10th. It would be anxiety inducing, and would probably push someone to drink even further, and sloop into a deeper depression. These are all JMO. But it definitely makes you wonder.

Yep, like Caroline Flack

I do highly doubt she was drunk as people would have noticed (those who met her or witnessed her on the walk). Though I get people with alcohol addiction can become so numb to it that sometimes your body is so used it. The thing is…some people enjoy drinking to excess at times, you wouldn’t necessarily call them alcoholics. This could have all been blown out of proportion and here we are victim blaming. “It MUST have been her fault, it MUST have been her jumping into the river, because now we can see she was going through the menopause and she had alcohol issues”. Abductions do happen and over 5,500 people on average, you can have a look at ONS stats and it tells you a lot about that sort of thing which I’m sure people have looked at. Women aren’t harmed as much as men and abductions are rare but still happen.
On the one hand alcoholic issues can be exaggerated. They can also resolve on their own without the need for outside intervention, and ideas that alcoholics “can’t just stop,” or “once an addict, always an addict” — a lot of that stuff isn’t true for many. Many people drink too much for a period and get over it quickly or by themselves. Other people cross some kind of a line.

A drink problem can be well-hidden. I’ve consumed half a bottle of vodka in the toilets and been at my desk working. No-one has challenged me, no-one has accused me of having booze on my breath. I’ve done whole meetings and calls in total blackout. Maybe colleagues privately knew and if I went missing would say so…. Maybe not.

I don’t think it’s victim blaming. It’s relevant information if Nicola could have been inebriated at the time. Of course the police must continue to investigate foul play.

Last edited:
I don’t see hey people are jumping to the conclusion that she killed herself just because it has now been exposed she had alcohol issues. The thing is, this is now going to turn people away from the hypothesis that somebody has taken her. Killing yourself by way of jumping in a river (not off a bridge or the other variety of methods one would most commonly use to kill themselves) seems still highly unlikely to me.
I always suspected she killed herself for some unknown reason, I just wasn't allowed to post my suspicions on here until the police made their latest statements.

As the police have made clear numerous times, they have no evidence anyone else was involved. No video footage, no sightings, nothing. NB isn't on video entering or leaving the area, but she was seen by a number of people who knew her. Nobody who was in the area has reported seeing anyone who hasn't been accounted for. If somebody took NB, they managed to do it without anyone seeing them or hearing them, and without leaving any trace of their existence.

It's not impossible, but it's also not very plausible.

The Daily Heil has changed their narrative from photos of NB with alcohol to "how will this (knowledge) help the investigation", thankfully.

I have seen those photos on Facebook somewhere. I don't think they were given to them by friends. I think she was either tagged in them by someone else or they were way back on her timeline when I was scrolling through. It wouldn't surprise me if the press have got every single photo of her somewhere ready. I'm surprised the police haven't locked her profile down completely as there are still photos of her girls and a fundraiser on there.

Labour MP Stella Creasy said: "The decision to disclose this level of detail on a missing person's private life, with no evidence that this is assisting in finding her, is deeply troubling. The police need to be much clearer as to why any of this helps find Nicola Bulley or support this investigation."
Richard Saunders said: "The fact that the police feel that they had to divulge that Nicola Bulley had significant issues with alcohol due to struggles with the menopause makes me uncomfortable. Give the poor woman some privacy. It’s none of our business."

Liam Hunt added: "The Nicola Bulley ‘breaking news’ isn’t even news. It’s completely insensitive, it adds nothing to the case and it’s what every single woman has to goes through at some point in their life. Lancashire Police are just rubbishing her reputation."

Dr Shola Mos-Shogbamimu said: "What the hell! Nicola Bulley "struggled with some significant issues with alcohol" & had "ongoing struggles with menopause" by Lancashire Police is disgraceful What the hell has that got to do with finding Nicola? Is she not worth finding? Is public perception meant to change?!"

Why would LE give out this info if it wasn’t helpful in finding her? I can’t see the value and so what if the press leaked it. I’d be asking where they found out from as that’s more worrying.

PA stated that he doesn’t think she is in the river. He also said NB wouldn’t give up on them. So he doesn’t think she has killed herself or fallen in.

Can someone link me to the friend Emma’s statement that has been mentioned. Is she the blonde?

Hypothetically- are we 100% sure it is her that was at school and walking the dog. Someone commented that the person on the cctv looked slimmer and more gaunt.

Menopause - in UK with free doctors surely she would’ve been able to get some help easily and especially if it was affecting her relationships.

Why are there photos of her drinking so happily with her husband if this is such an issue? Surely she wouldn’t have had those photos so public if it was embarrassing.

Have we heard from her parents?

Who is the guy commenting and liking all her fb photos on the page linked to by the intro on here?

Why do we care what clothes PA had got changed into??

Why did the local council take down their email addresses when the people got arrested. And were they the ones making the videos and looking into the mansion?

Lots of questions. Sorry!!

Lots of red flags. IMOO!

IMO. JIMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads