Found Deceased UK - Nicola Bulley Last Seen Walking Dog Near River - St Michaels on Wyre (Lancashire) #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was going through peri-menopause I was also going through some relationship difficulties and the hormones affected the relationship and the relationship affected the hormones, kind of like a vicious circle. I didn't drink much at that time but I can imagine that drinking would also play havoc with blood sugar levels and hormones. In short, it's easy to become a complete wreck. Still think there's a lot more to it in NB's case though. JMO.

As well as The Guardian

Nicola Bulley: family criticise focus on ‘speculation and rumours’​

Missing woman’s family say ‘public focus has become distracted’ in statement issued through Lancashire police

I have no reason to disbelieve him:
SGI Post
"When Nicola’s family asked for SGI’s assistance, I wholeheartedly agreed with only noble intentions. I never intended to become the spokesperson or the face of the Nicola Bulley search. However, as there has been very little detail about this case, the media continue to contact me for any update I may have, and at times attracting a small amount of criticism towards me. Without this media interest, I believe this story would have gone quiet by now and crucial public support and interest in the search could mean the difference between finding her or not.
Thank you for all your support, your kind comments are all appreciated, there are too many to respond to. This story has captured the nation’s interest in a way never seen before and I know we all hope for a positive outcome."
BBM

All he had to do was say he was involved in an ongoing police investigation and leave it at that. Instead, he continued to put out his opinions and theories. Which flies in the face of noble intentions. He's certainly never passed up an opportunity to talk about it. But that's JMO.

If not tolerating HRT sometimes antidepressants are given because they have some properties which can helps with night sweats and hot flushes, and help with anxiety related to menopause. Sometimes antidepressants can make you feel worse before you feel better to the point that they cause suicidal ideation. I don’t know if they mean anything like that?
JMO/speculation.
Stopping HRT isn’t well known for precipitating severe depression but some people are affected more by hormones than others.
Yes that is right with anti-depressants. When I started taking them, the first few weeks made me feel a million times worse (with suicidal thoughts etc) and the wait is agonising just to feel normal again. JMO.

" there are people out there speculating and threatening to sell stories about her" - Why on earth would you do this?! Contact 101, report what you know, and leave it at that ffs. The impact on her kids of this is ridiculously unfair.
but shouldn't we focus on finding NB?? not discussing whether her family is right or wrong in releasing this??

In ref to Peter at SGI - I actually read his book. If you read it, you'll understand why he knows what he's talking about. He has led a rather interesting investigative life, certainly a guy id want on my side if I was missing either land or sea and he's a guy that many various forces have trusted over the years.
I'm glad he has spoken honestly and open to the media, the case needed that.

but shouldn't we focus on finding NB?? not discussing whether her family is right or wrong in releasing this??
I don't think I've seen anyone say anything about if it's right or wrong for them to release it. At this point with their hands forced I don't see an issue with it. My comment was about those threatening to sell stories about her (which I assume are not her close family.)

BBM

All he had to do was say he was involved in an ongoing police investigation and leave it at that. Instead, he continued to put out his opinions and theories. Which flies in the face of noble intentions. He's certainly never passed up an opportunity to talk about it. But that's JMO.
absolutely...he is all over media today as well while he is on holiday in Cornwall - that explains it very well what his intentions are

In Gp checks for HRT it’s to ensure on the right dose and getting good enough effect. There’s no guidance that HRT shouldn’t be stopped cold turkey.
I can only go by the advice of my clinician which was not to go cold turkey but adjust your dose gradually up or down depending on your needs.

Yes that is right with anti-depressants. When I started taking them, the first few weeks made me feel a million times worse (with suicidal thoughts etc) and the wait is agonising just to feel normal again. JMO.
This is so true waiting around to feel normal again it feels like forever and when it does come you can then just feel flat to everything and can become quite emotionless in my experience anyway .IMO

The BBC now has it as their main story

BREAKING​

Nicola Bulley family call for end to public speculation​

This breaking news story is being updated and more details will be published shortly. Please refresh the page for the fullest version.

i agree, the hysterical menopausal woman, i feel embarrassed for her, <modsnip>
I disagree. There’s been considerable work done on the menopause and it’s been brought right into the public eye - you just have to look at what Davina McCall has done to help remove the stigma, shame and embarrassment women have felt when going through mp, being the butt of jokes, etc. Releasing the information isn’t embarrassing for NB, it’s just showing a woman who has struggled with symptoms that can be positively debilitating, who has possibly turned to alcohol as a means of escape. It doesn’t imply she’s hysterical or neurotic.

Last edited by a moderator:
What *hard* evidence do they have that the perimenopause and stopping the HRT "ended up causing this crisis". I repeat, WHAT hard evidence.
There's no hard evidence for any of the various things that might have happened.

The soft evidence is probably that the family noticed something about her behaviour that made them think she might do something off piste.

This is so true waiting around to feel normal again it feels like forever and when it does come you can then just feel flat to everything and can become quite emotionless in my experience anyway .IMO
I've been on them for 30 years pretty much continually apart from 2 pregnancies. I'm now on a low dose which keeps me level without being out of touch with emotions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member