Found Deceased GA - Susana Morales, 16, walking home from friend’s house, kidnapped and murdered, 26 July 2022 *police officer charged*

I was following this one. My goodness, an officer. I wonder if he was in his patrol car and pulled over to act as though he was checking on why she was out late, and then used his gun to coerce her into getting into his car. Has anyone found the affidavit?

So sorry, Susana. Her poor family.

The woman who made it out of this alive is so lucky. He was attempting to get into her apartment after he had already allegedly killed Susana. She could easily have been another victim. He sounds like a serial predator…one wonders how may others might be out there that fell victim to him?

The woman who made it out of this alive is so lucky. He was attempting to get into her apartment after he had already allegedly killed Susana. She could easily have been another victim. He sounds like a serial predator…one wonders how may others might be out there that fell victim to him?
Oh wow. He was in the military also. I'm angry that her police report was never assigned to a detective. And the video from your link is super creepy.

IMHO This is so sad and wrong on so many levels. When I was 16 and IF I was walking home on a summer evening (when it is daylight longer) and a police car stopped and said any number of things (It is getting late. Let me give you a ride home. etc.) I PROBABLY would have gotten in the car. I don't know that area or how large the community is or if he was on or off duty. He was a young policeman and maybe knew her. Regardless, for whatever reason she might have willingly gotten into her killer's car. Young, naïve, and trusting. Exactly what a young girl might be. So, what else has this officer been up to? She had been missing for months now. Was he relaxed thinking he got away with it? Maybe not now.
This is surely not the answer her family was hoping for but at least they have her home now. Closure works differently for every one.

Oh wow. He was in the military also. I'm angry that her police report was never assigned to a detective. And the video from your link is super creepy.
Right?! I’m so mad that it wasn’t assigned to anyone. It wouldn’t have saved Susana but at least he would have been fired sooner, or something. Just a shame, all around. Wonder if he saw any battles while in the military.

WOW. How thorough are the backgrounds they do on people who apply to LE? Was there anything that was missed or possibly seen and ignored? I hope they fully investigate how far this goes back.
EXACTLY. I was under the impression that LEO’s were heavily vetted but maybe that’s incorrect…makes me sick. It also sounds like he was quite aggressive and forward, you would think someone would have picked up on this during training, etc..would love to hear from his colleagues but sure that won’t happen.

I’m so mad. In the link with the video the reporter states that “LE said they are now looking into why her report wasn’t assigned to anyone”. Cool, that’s great. How many others have slipped through their fingers?

EXACTLY. I was under the impression that LEO’s were heavily vetted but maybe that’s incorrect…makes me sick. It also sounds like he was quite aggressive and forward, you would think someone would have picked up on this during training, etc..would love to hear from his colleagues but sure that won’t happen.
I don't know if they have loosened the standards but in the case of my DH the vetting was rigorous. All school official transcripts, marriage lic. if applicable, each and every former employer was contacted, interviews with former co-workers, friends, mother in law etc, financial analysis of banking, credit reports, amount of debt if any, psychological evals, medical evals, physical fitness, agility etc. it was a long process and all of it needed to be complete before professional training.

I'm guessing this guy was able to fool many people and probably leaned on his military background.

That's disgusting. Poor girl probably thought LE was going to give her a ride home.
You know what happens when you get in the back of a LE cruiser? You can't get out. For obvious reasons but a word to the wise if you have young people in your care. Of course if someone is being detained legally my advice is to comply and hash it out later.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back