SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has ever been posted in any of the Murdaugh threads, but I found a comment about it and thought I'd share. Pat Conroy wrote about the Murdaughs in his book The Death of Santini: The Story of a Father and His Son

I remembered the time I met Buster quite well, and repeated it to my father. “At Hampton, during my trial to get my teaching job back, this older man sat in the jury box and laughed his *advertiser censored* off at several things I said. When the trial was over, Buster called me over and introduced himself. Smoking a cigar, he said, ‘I’m the *advertiser censored* of the walk in this part of South Carolina, and, boy, you really know how to put on a show. You scared the living hell out of those bastards. But you’re going to lose your *advertiser censored*.’ ‘What if I’d had you as a lawyer?’ I asked. Buster took a puff of his cigar and blew a pillow of smoke in my direction before saying, ‘You’d be teaching in that little school of yours tomorrow morning. But you ain’t going to be teaching ever again. Let me send you to law school; then you come back and work for me. I’ll make you the goddamnedest lawyer you’ve ever seen.’ ”

The rage that builds up in his face after he answers is haunting.

When I saw this the first time (live Friday) I was half expecting him to stand up and go ballistic, requiring LE intervention. He was furious. MOO.
most notably, he says: these were no accountability issues on his doorstep on June 7 <------really? the CFO Seckinger confronted him earlier that day about the firm's missing fees!

When I saw this the first time (live Friday) I was half expecting him to stand up and go ballistic, requiring LE intervention. He was furious. MOO.
wow....yes.....watching the shoulders and intake of breath....if he could breath out fire....

I've been saying this for years that the AM's of the world scare me to death! He's the seatmate on your last flight, the big guy on the golf course happy to let you play through, or the jolly neighbor next door. o_O
That’s right, they live amongst us, which is not a comforting feeling …. fortunately they are few and far between. I’ve been wondering what AM’s family members are thinking as they sit in the gallery every day and listen to all the testimony!

There seems to be a lot of people coming out lately that are willing to ignore overwhelming circumstantial evidence that AM is guilty by simply saying, they just can’t understand why AM would kill his family. It just would never happen. They think the motive put forth by the state is weak.
Those people need to look up family annihilators. There’s a long list, and not one decent motive for any of them.
Completely agree!!

I compare this case to the Todt family annihilation. He appeared financially successful, and his clients loved him. So it was hard for them to believe he would be capable of killing his family. Yet it happens ALL THE TIME!

Uploaded to YouTube on January 5, 2021.
Oh,the irony

This is bizarre, thanks for posting @Cindizzi !

Yes Alex, videos are so important and your son Paul sent his last video showing how you lied in his and his mother’s murder trial.

Alex looks down rite creepy in this video as well as his deception imo.

Last edited:

For sure. It was also interesting watching the heads in the gallery pop up when the question was asked and the look on DH's face was hilarious. You can see more of that on the L&C feed here at 4:16:33

Can’t help but observe, while watching the current Netflix three part series on the defendant’s family - and I am not sure of the time for all photographs of the defendant shown and when they were originaly taken, but…… and I believe others may also have noted this too…….

It appears the defendant has gotten much thinner since days in detention while awaiting trial and to present. He sure seems much stouter and heavier in what seem to be earlier photographs and videos in that investigative series. MO.

Is it practical to conjure that his supposed opioid or pill addiction was actually prominent or in play during that earlier time? Or might it be a more recent occurrence? MOO.

I believe some have thought that perhaps the current food offering in detention might not be ideal - but it is hard to conclude - based on some imagery, much of it date not known - that there might have been such a pronounced use of those pharmaceuticals in the earlier days? Or, is it perhaps a more recent occurrence, and part of a more recent story? Maybe someone with better records could portray a better timeline of condition and associated photographs? IMO.

I just would like to say that as a lifelong South Carolinian, that I don’t know a soul that pronounces Alex Murdaugh’s name as “Elick Murdock”. I even have a friend with that same last name and it is pronounced exactly like you would think.
Granted I don’t live in the lowcountry but I have friends down that way too, and nobody says Murdock. Just another way that family tried to set themselves apart from the rest of us rabble I guess.
I thought they were pronouncing it Murdog. lol

So far, I believe the charges are all SC and I'm perplexed by that. One would think that tax evasion at the state level would result in the IRS auditing his federal taxes - surely he put the same numbers on both returns? Maybe not.

I thought Ponzi schemes were against federal law as well:

I've been explaining this to myself by thinking that SC will try him first (he faces 900-1000 years in prison) and if he gets more than 100 years for the financial crimes - perhaps the feds will save themselves the expense? I'm guessing that he could get a cushier prison from the Feds and maybe that's something SC would prefer not happen. I truly don't know.

You're probably right. I may have gotten AM confused with Brian Walshe, another fraudster turned murderer.

Assuming he doesn’t pay off the LE, SLED, family members, lawyers and judges. That is his history. Money talks. He just inherited a ton of it. He also stole PMs and MMS portion by murdering them.

IMO, if he walks on the murder charges, he will skate on the thefts.
Didn't he admit to all the monetary thefts on the witness stand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa