SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
A picture of Pauls swollen feet was shown somewhere. I'm not sure if it was during this trial, podcast or Netflix. (yeah, I'm in this deep but I'm still confused LOL)
I had heard that too along with PM's blood pressure being high. Not good for such a young person. Could have been experiencing some serious heart disease.

I found this testimony from Alex interesting. He is asserting fact, and expecting that everyone will listen to him and pursue his fact because he's a wealthy prominent Murdaugh, a lawyer and a solicitor. He is blaming a vigilante related to the boat crash, and it's not working. It almost seemed like this was one of the first times in his life that he was challenged for making absurd, self-serving claims.

" ...because I can tell you for a fact ... that the person or people who did what I saw on June the 7th, they hated Paul Murdaugh, and they had anger in their heart. And that is the only, only reason that somebody could be mad at PawPaw like that and hate him like that.”​

“And that is the only, only reason that somebody could be mad at PawPaw like that and hate him like that”

It’s in statements like this that his practiced sincerity is so fake. To me this is a dead giveaway (no pun intended). He goes overboard in the opposite to what’s really happened.

He’s a grown man in a court room for Pete’s sake, instead it sounds like he signed up for story telling hour. Now c’mon who could be mad at little Paw Paw like that?!! “I’ll huff and I’ll puff till I blow the whole house down”

He did the same for Mags when he became overly animated talking about her. His tone changes way too much, speaking of how feminine she was and how she could go from the farm to the governors mansion, all while he has a fake smile on his face as big a checkbook. He also borrowed/stole some commentary from Mags sister’s testimony.

Last edited:
That's a true statement from his perspective. Accountability, financial or otherwise, has never been an issue with him. jmo
I agree, his perspective. grandiose. untouchable. unflappable. telling those jurors he had no feelings as to accountability that would cause him to do an unthinkable act. kind of a double edged sword IMO;)

Wow. I missed this part of Mark Ball’s testimony!

[…]

One agent, Katie McCallister, let one of Murdaugh’s brothers and one of his law partners follow her as she searched the rest of the house for evidence.

So deferential was SLED’s approach that Ball said McCallister even offered to take off her service weapon and police identification before she started going through the house, in case Murdaugh’s supporters wanted her to keep a low profile.

[…]

Alex Murdaugh had badge and blue lights in his car, but says ‘distrust’ of police fueled lie

Police previously reported and testified the only vehicle at the crime scene (kennels) when they arrived was AM's suburban.

In trying to determine how PM & MM got to the kennels, AM repeatedly told investigators PM must have driven his F-250 to the kennels and since MM was found at the kennels, she must have ridden with PM. This was the story consistently told by AM before testifying that he rode the golf cart from the house to the kennels and back.

However, the problem with AM's story is PM's F250 was not located anywhere on the property when police arrived, causing them to issue a BOLO for PM's truck!

AM never told investigators that PM did not drive his F250 to Moselle on June 7 but instead was driving John Marvin's truck. (Since changing his story that he was at the kennels, AM testified that PM drove John Marvin's truck to Moselle on Monday, June 7).

When PM's truck was located by police in the morning parked off Hwy 63, it was learned that the truck was not stolen from the crime scene but left broken down on the road by John Marvin when he was driving to Moselle Monday night after getting the call from AM about the murders.

While true there were other trucks on the property including the farm truck and Buster's truck, there was no truck at the kennels when police arrived.

IMO, AM's story about not knowing where PM was after supper but being certain that MM went out to the kennels (because MM was such a dog lover) never made sense. And telling police they must have taken PM's truck to the kennels --all the while knowing PM wasn't driving his F250 on Monday was yet another lie by AM.

Today, I think it is more likely that all 3 traveled to the kennels on the golf cart because AM did not want them to have a vehicle at the kennels when they were about to be shot. No, AM couldn't take any chance one or both might escape. MOO

This seems to be a major issue because why did he leave them out there with no vehicle?

Surely he should have said they walked?

I don’t fully understand why he lied this way because surely they must have gone out together.

If AM gets convicted on the murder charges, I bet he will make a plea deal on the federal monetary theft charges, tax evasion to serve all time in federal penitentiary and skip state prison.

So far, I can't find any federal charges against him. When this trial is over, he's held without bail for SC charges and will proceed towards trial.

I haven't a clue as to what happens if the Feds also file charges - but I'm thinking they don't want the expense and will likely only do so if it looks as if SC goes too easily on AM (but I don't think that's going to happen - I think he's going to get a very long sentence in SC, indeed).

IMO.

Yes, the federal country club.

I don't know, the double murder conviction could be a problem for AM, if he is convicted. He would be considered "Level 5" offender in the South Carolina system, with a violent offense, and long sentence if he gets life. He would go straight to maximum security prison. Shudder.

Well, he would be right where he belongs, with other drug addict thieves, murderers. I bet AM sees himself as "better" than folks in prison. I hope he is convicted and goes straight to state prison.

You got that right, Alex. And it doesn't even have to be 'good quality video' -- 30 seconds of audio and the assailant off camera is just as powerful!
I suspect irony is lost on Alex. He lacks peripheral vision as he moves full steam ahead down the tracks of his self-absorption like a runaway loco-motive.

Thus, it never occurred to him PM might be recording video on his phone, or that MM doesn't wear undergarments with her pajamas, paid caretakers or housekeepers might have integrity beyond their service to him, or that LE officers might have the gall to notice bullet casings on the Murdaugh property in areas other than the immediate vicinity of MM's body.

It was an exhibit at trial. It accompanied a text from PM to AM.
thank you. I couldnt remember if it was validated. PM's swollen feet...health issue. its interesting he brought this up as the last conversation he had with MM. someone correct me if I am wrong, I swore he said in one story he and MM discussed this at dinner. so was this a continuation of the conversation down at the kennels during his very brief appearance at the kennel? and doesnt remember when she left to go down there or how? when did paul leave the house after they ate? did paul and maggie go together? and then on cross he said he probably discussed paw paw and his condition with MM down at the kennels while he sat on the golf cart...well: * I think, or I imagine I would say that*<----- typical answers from him. he hurts my heado_O

If AM gets convicted on the murder charges, I bet he will make a plea deal on the federal monetary theft charges, tax evasion to serve all time in federal penitentiary and skip state prison.

If he offers, or threatens, to testify in those trials he will probably get a sweet plea offer to avoid that again.

okay so I can't stop thinking about the way Mags sounded on the phone when Gloria suffered her fatal injuries
on the property..I'm not going to say she fell over the dogs on the stairs or whatever because who knows..?

but her affect is just , well she sounds annoyed and put out..even disgusted..she is definitely put out and you can hear it in her voice..there is no urgency even though it's a life and death emergency. This woman has practically lived with them for 20 years..Mags sounds like her day is just ruined...

later in the Netflix thing or was it here, someone said Mags was hysterical over Gloria's fall..yet when she calls 911 you get zero sense of anything... she's an "employee" ...she's just making noises or something...

I cannot right this with what we are told about her...the sweetest ..the best ever..etc..so is she angry on the 911 call because of Alex..has he already got an angle on the insurance settlement he can steal?

it really does make you wonder, does anyone think it's odd that PauPau and Mags were killed with two different firearms? mOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Tejas1821