SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #32

Status
Not open for further replies.
This by far is the best explanation and example I've come across:

I wonder if Buster suffers from a type of Stockholm syndrome
Buster has his own issues. No saint he. I doubt any Law School would admit him, as he cheated at his last school, and his 'connections' will disappear like dust when Daddy is sent to prison.

All cut from the same cloth, as they say.

It may be because they know he is crazy and they don’t want to be on his bad side. He can still wreak havoc from jail.

‘Keep your friends close and your enemies closer’

I still think Sled is intimidated by him, they have reason for concern. He was able to get a lot of favors from LE but he didn’t know what to expect from Sled.

I think MM lost a lot of "friends" after the boating accident when Mallory Beach died.

That is probably why she wanted to be at Edisto, and it appears that Blanca became her only friend.
Maggie's sister said that Maggie believed, at the time of her death, that Paul was not driving the boat. That's the reason that people turned against the family. There were 5 witnesses, plus accident reconstruction experts, who stated that Paul was driving the boat. Paul was in his underwear, stinking drunk and abusive towards hospital staff. Everyone understood who was driving the boat, yet Maggie took the position of victim. She insisted that Paul was not driving the boat and everyone else was being unreasonable. That's why she was ostracized in her community - refusal to accept fact regarding what Paul did to five families.

Had Maggie accepted that Paul was drunk and made a big mistake, people would have supported her.

That strategy did not work for the killers of Ahmaud Arbery. They still wound up in state prison despite the federal convictions. I am sure this alleged murderer would like nothing better than to be in a "country club" prison though.
A member of the Murdaugh family would deserve that, wouldn’t they? ;)
(according to AM)

Buster has his own issues. No saint he. I doubt any Law School would admit him, as he cheated at his last school, and his 'connections' will disappear like dust when Daddy is sent to prison.
If believing his father is not a murderer is what helps him get up out of bed everyday that's fine by me. To acknowledge you have the blood of a murderer coursing through your veins to me is worse than admitting your dad is a crook. He may not want to be an attorney after this. He may have never wanted to be an attorney. He didn't sound too enthusiastic about getting back in law school on the jail call tape. jmo

I agree about the phone conversation. I'm very surprised there has not been more media interviews, not to mention testimony regarding MM and who she was aside from her sister. Where are the local female friends or the Edisto female friends?? Surely she had female friends and not just the residents who shunned her as has been implied. Where are the 4th of July friends?? I don't get it.
I don't think any of the four of them had friends. They had transactional "friends," so AM and MM could yuk it up dressed up all fancy at the governor's mansion, or they could be throwing back beers at a pig roast under a giant rented tent in their backyard. PM and BM had a boat to entertain with. And I think MM was realizing that there was no reason for her to be home all day since both kids were in college, and she really didn't have any girlfriends to hang out with outside events or parties. Not one of these four has had anyone come forward to say "I'll really miss getting coffee with MM on Wednesdays for our book club" or anything like that.

Not sure about the video volume, but several of them have blankets.
Court keeps it cool, so Jurors stay awake. As for the woman's ears, she may have hearing issues, or be sensitive to over stimulation. I'm sure she meant no disrespect. It's a long, very hard job to sit there week after week. I appreciate their Service.

I don't think any of the four of them had friends. They had transactional "friends," so AM and MM could yuk it up dressed up all fancy at the governor's mansion, or they could be throwing back beers at a pig roast under a giant rented tent in their backyard. PM and BM had a boat to entertain with. And I think MM was realizing that there was no reason for her to be home all day since both kids were in college, and she really didn't have any girlfriends to hang out with outside events or parties. Not one of these four has had anyone come forward to say "I'll really miss getting coffee with MM on Wednesdays for our book club" or anything like that.
Fair weather 'friends'. In emergencies, you find out who your real friends are, and it goes both ways.

I heard a Psychologist on a Youtube podcast say that AM's Grandfather was not killed in an accident, but put his care directly onto the train tracks, committing suicide. He said they have familial pain/issues handed down through the family. Didn't get to watch the whole thing, and lost it:( MOO
A very detailed MSM article here, that I stumbled across yesterday…

Hopefully the Murder conviction will take presedent and he will have to serve his time in a general population State Prison.

Yes, I think this order of precedence for state charges was already confirmed in prior threads.

The only way AM would end up in federal prison for any term does not apply here because the conviction of his state felony charges will result in life imprisonment, if not other serious terms.

Earlier, I gave the example of a gang member first charged and convicted in state court and after completing a 10-year sentence in state DOC, he was next transferred to federal BOP to serve a 30-year sentence imposed during his second trial in federal court where he was convicted of RICO charges.

If convicted of murder, I don't see AM leaving State DOC alive. MOO

(And even if acquitted, he's already been indicted and charged in state court on financial crimes which will take precedence given that AM still has not been indicted and/or charged in any federal court).

One of the court reporters said it's freezing in there and the blanket was over her head and not her face and she put the tissues in her ears when they were playing a video and it was super loud. So hopefully it's ok.
It sounds like she's a sensitive...I can relate, certain things trigger the body badly </3

One of the court reporters said it's freezing in there and the blanket was over her head and not her face and she put the tissues in her ears when they were playing a video and it was super loud. So hopefully it's ok.

This might explain the behavior. I might have it around my shoulders - similar to air travel, but I don't know I'd put it over my head.

Well, anyway... I hope it's okay, too

I agree about the phone conversation. I'm very surprised there has not been more media interviews, not to mention testimony regarding MM and who she was aside from her sister. Where are the local female friends or the Edisto female friends?? Surely she had female friends and not just the residents who shunned her as has been implied. Where are the 4th of July friends?? I don't get it.
thinking the same thing this afternoon...

I watched most of AM's testimony on Friday, and one thing he said in response to one of CW's questions and the way he answered was beyond chilling and made my skin crawl, IMO, not sure if anyone else noticed this or commented on it.

When CW asked him if he had ever spent the night again at Moselle after the murders, and he said "no", CW then asked him "why didn't you ever spend the night there again?".

After a lengthy silence, he looked down and was seemingly trying to form the words to respond, at first looking very upset, then like he really resented having to answer the question.

Though I expected him to at least choke out something along the lines of "it was such a horrific murder scene where my dear wife and beloved son had been brutally murdered I didn't want to ever spend the night there again, 'yu know the taint and all"...

Instead, eventually, after looking down and hesitating quite a bit in the "dead silence" of the courtroom waiting for his response, he barely mumbled in a slurred manner with a major side eye and dark look and said out of the side of his mouth "cuz ah deein wunt to".

It was super spooky and bizarre, like his own "Timmy" (evil twin) was finally exposed in that moment. Just brrrrrr.... JMO
yes. an empty response.

From the outside, the southern culture of polite society seems to value pleasantness and keeping up appearances above all else. You don't say unkind or uncharitable things about people to their face. I think a number of people who have testified are giving this family their best effort to be publicly fair and they are waiting for a verdict so they can leave them behind with a clear conscience.

Is this a “bless their hearts” situation until the verdict comes in?

I ask our Southern posters here. As a lifelong New Yorker, the customs and rituals of Southern culture are a mystery to me.

My granddaughter has a friend, originally from Tennessee, and she calls me “Ma’am.” It’s kind of charming, but it catches me off guard.

All her other friends call me by my first name, as did my daughter’s friends, the generation before that. As I in my turn called my parents’ friends by their first names.

Several of us have family nicknames, but if we were on trial we would NEVER stoop to this clumsy, contrived folksiness. If I were a juror I would be repelled, because it’s such a conspicuously manufactured design to turn the jury into his buddies.

I highly doubt that prior to these tragedies, any Murdaugh would have considered the twelve jurors as their “peers.” They very overtly considered themselves peerless, in whatever is this Lowcountry caste system.

JMO

IMO it was initially in his plan to give the illusion of 2 shooters. Then I backed off that and thought that the 300 Blackout was already down there and AM brought the shotgun but only had 2 shells loaded and planned to use the shotgun on both but when Paul was still moving toward the door, AM fired the second shot and was, as you say, out of ammo at which point he grabbed the 300 and cut down Maggie. Now, with the knowledge of the golf cart being there, I've mixed thoughts about the 300 being already there.
jmo
well, the devil is in the rambling details of AM....first dash cam interview...he volunteers that one of the guns "could have' been left there...because sometimes one was, but he is not positive if it was and doesnt have a list of his weapons, but can get one, then concedes well I dont think one was there...and blah blah blah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member