GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
[bbm]

but this article says cell phone data and car data put him there - did this juror forget about that?

I think the juror nailed it:

Data placed both AM's phone and vehicle at the crime scene but more important, AM's voice placed AM there!

A phone and vehicle could be placed at the crime scene by anyone but AM's voice sealed it for him.

As it should everybody. JMO

Amen and we call it by many names, a higher power, karma and so on. One cannot keep knocking on the Devils door and not expect someone to answer it sooner or later.
I believe the juror removal was a Divine stamp of fulfillment foretold by the presence of the number 3. She spoke to 3 people. SLED investigated 3 days. 3 attorneys on closings. The jury began deliberations within the 3 o'clock hour on the third day of the third month. 3 hours of deliberation. The verdict was righteous.
jmo

[bbm]

but this article says cell phone data and car data put him there - did this juror forget about that?

The cell phone and car data put him at the Moselle house which is about a 1/2 mile away from the kennels. He could have claimed that he misremembered the time he woke from his nap and left the property.

It's the kennel video that's the kicker though. It proves without any doubt that he was standing right next to his wife and son shortly before they were murdered. With that video he can no longer blame a poor memory and had to admit he lied to the investigators.

That's 2 different jurors. One spoke out on Friday and is a carpenter named Craig Moyer. The other is from today and is a 22 year old who works in construction who wants to go only by James. See my links in last post on the previous page.

regardless they both sat through the same trial

Will someone please explain how the 9 jurors were able to convince the 2 jurors that thought AM was not guilty to change their views?
Or really just in general?

I think our posts crossed paths.

Here, the juror explained the process they had to resolve questions during the trial. IMO, it seems any nagging question of guilt when deliberations started was able to be answered to the satisfaction of the jurors in 45 minutes. I don't think this was an issue of having to convince anybody.

Brilliant, the juror answered the question about not taking notes during the trial:

The jurors were not allowed to take notes throughout the six-week trial. However, James said he and his fellow jurors wrote down questions they had on paper in the jury room during 15-minute breaks. Sometimes, those questions were answered during testimony in the trial. The unanswered questions were discussed in the jury room following an initial vote that had Murdaugh guilty 9-3.

“We did have a few that were not on the same page, so we did like an anonymous vote, in the beginning, to see where everybody was at and make sure everybody was on the same page,” James said. “Once we found that out, we kind of just opened the floor for anybody, whoever had questions, and then we would talk through those. We had the evidence in the other room.”

James said the jurors were asked whether or not they wanted to order dinner Thursday evening about 30 minutes before they took the second vote, leading to a unanimous guilty verdict. The jurors were still working through some of the questions they had compiled.

For example, James said some jurors were not familiar with firearms, so they didn’t understand how shell casings from the 300 Blackout rifle Paul Murdaugh used near the home with a friend in spring 2021 could be determined to come from the same firearm as shell casings from the crime scene without having the firearm for comparison.

The rifle used to kill Maggie Murdaugh has never been found. A firearms examiner testified that a shotgun that Alex Murdaugh had with him when Colleton County deputies arrived at the scene the night of the murders could not be ruled in or out as the weapon that killed Paul.

ETA: I recall the undecided juror had questions about the shell casings and the explanation by his/her fellow jurors obviously satisfied the concern.

I believe the juror removal was a Divine stamp of fulfillment foretold by the presence of the number 3. She spoke to 3 people. SLED investigated 3 days. 3 attorneys on closings. The jury began deliberations within the 3 o'clock hour on the third day of the third month. 3 hours of deliberation. The verdict was righteous.
jmo
The universe basically had enough of AM and maybe the dynasty as well and like a cold wind came through and cleaned house. It's sad that lives had to be lost to bring on change but praise be that it came when needed the most.

Will someone please explain how the 9 jurors were able to convince the 2 jurors that thought AM was not guilty to change their views?
It sounds like from the article posted just a page back or so that it isn't they were solid in the not guilty camp, but more so they had questions and they discussed the questions and were able to then vote guilty. I think it isn't as simple as they are 100% yes or no. I think if there is any question or even those that think I think he did it, BUT this one thing is bothering me.. then they would say not guilty in the initial vote so then they could discuss the thing they have questions about or the thing that is holding them back from saying guilty. It could be very very simple (and it sounds like this was the case in this trial).. not understanding how guns are loaded or the shell casings and wanting it explained seems very easy to clear up. They might have thought okay so was it 2 shooters because of this, but after going over the evidence and understanding what it meant, they can say okay no this evidence doesn't' mean there HAD to be 2 shooters.

Wow. Thank you for that. I saw it quoted elsewhere differently. Just went and listened - that's exactly what he says. And he seems quite trustworthy.

Amazing that it took only 45-60 minutes to get 3 jurors to come around.

Much obliged for narrowing that down for me!!
Ahhh yes, thank you for pointing me in the right direction.:) That’s exactly what happened.

WALTERBORO, S.C. — A series of revelations emerged in the more than monthlong murder trial of Alex Murdaugh, the disbarred South Carolina lawyer convicted of killing his wife and son. The jury saw brand-new evidence and heard powerful witness testimony — some helping the prosecution, and some bolstering the defense.

The jury found Murdaugh guilty on Thursday, shortly after deliberations began. Judge Clifton Newman handed down two life sentences on Friday, to be served consecutively.

Interpretation of details was crucial in this case: Prosecutors asked jurors to find Murdaugh guilty beyond reasonable doubt, based on circumstantial rather than direct evidence.

I had seen references to AM's great grandfather's accidental death at a youngish age, and that he was the 'founding father' of the Murdaugh Low Country legal dynasty, but I didn't know any details... Apples falling from trees... jmo

"The elder Murdaugh's son, Randolph "Buster" Murdaugh Jr., sued the train company alleging the train did not blow the whistle or ring a bell at the crossing and was traveling at high speed. He also alleged that the crossing and its approach "was in a rough, washed out and dangerous condition" and demanded a $100,000 settlement. The case of settled out of court for an undisclosed amount. "

Alex Murdaugh's murder case led a historian to uncover another suspicious Murdaugh family death from the 1940s that resulted in a huge payout

The man on GMA says it came down to "the evidence" and then first mentions the kennel video (and we hear Alec's voice) and then apparently the times of the murders were agreed upon (somehow).

Personally, though, my view is that when you have an exhausted jury and 9 people are on one side, everyone knows the game. They could argue and argue, but 2 are not going to convince 9. The undecided person probably indicated quickly that they could see their way to a guilty vote. Why the other 2 people changed their minds, I don't know, but perhaps they decided to see if they could get consensus on when, exactly, the two victims were murdered. They surely used the prosecution's times (phone times). That put Alec there almost as it happened (and that young man who was texting Paul let police know that he could hear Alex there - and Paul stops texting). Alec calls that young man many times (probably going to try and "fix" the situation somehow).

At any rate, that agreement on time and manner of death, along with the video and the young man's testimony may have done it.

It's a fascinating topic.

IMO.
I really think what helped with the timeline was the following:

They had a phone call where he heard Alex on it for 4 minutes
Then there was an attempted Facetime
Then we learn that there was that video that started as soon as the facetime failed.
Then that young man texted Paul right away saying, get a photo..

This establishes that Paul was actively engaged in getting this information to his friend about his dog. The continued calls and texts by his friend to not only him, but then Maggie as well shows that he expected to hear right back, not at some point way in the future. He told us what they talked about, then we see the facetime attempt so that shows Paul was actively trying to get him a video of his dog.. then the video is recorded..

Then silence.

Sure some could argue we don't know if he got distracted or the signal was too bad or whatever.. but once his friend sends him that text at 8:49 I believe it was saying get a photo (and we know Paul had already recorded a video at this point) then why wouldn't we see a text saying I'm sending a video or the actual video failing to send if there was signal issues or something.. he literally is silent.. no steps recorded after that and he doesn't answer.

I think some will use ANY tiny bit to say well that doesn't prove he was dead. It sure is a very BIG indication since we know that was a 2 way discussion and they were actively trying to resolve this issue (the dogs tail).

Then we have Alex lying about being there.. THAT corroborates the fact that this couple minute time frame was important enough that he lied about it.

all I can figure is they were not that convinced of NG...often someone with a NG vote is pretty convinced and hard to change their minds. Hard to say what changed them so fast...must have been some strong and persuasive jurors in the guilty camp.

After AM's downfall I imagine family bones may come to the surface for years to come.

Having just listened to the Fitsnew recap recently posted up thread, I was reminded that Judge Newman was the perfect candidate selected to preside over AM's case but there are many judges in the county that are joined at the hip with the Murdaughs.

I know this to be true when a Judge signed the $3.8M insurance settlement in the case of the Estate of Gloria Satterfield vs AM but allowed the court order to go unfiled where there was no immediate public record of this award intended for the Satterfield boys. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname