GUILTY SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #40

Status
Not open for further replies.
She said they could only use it for motive, which was correct. But then it seemed to me like she got more into the character aspects of it.

I don't see a SC appellate court siding against Judge Newman, but there are always higher courts.

Hopefully I'm just being a nervous nellie because I hate juror interviews and always pick them apart.

The judge did say you can use it for credibility and that's what I think she was talking about.

Attorney Bland indicated in an interview that jury tampering was the norm for that family...I think the dad and granddad were bad too but AM took it to the limits.
As Lord Acton said, "power corrupts". It's the reason the Founders believed in checks and balances and built them into the structure of our government.

Wow, a lot of unpaid bills.

"Colleton County Probate documents filed this month reveal a troubling financial state for Maggie Murdaugh, the 52-year-old mother of two who was known to flaunt expensive clothes and purses.".

"John Marvin Murdaugh, Maggie Murdaugh’s brother-in-law, was made personal representative of the estate last year. This was after apparently Maggie’s sister’s name was scratched off as personal representative and someone wrote Randolph Murdaugh III’s name in the 2005 will"."
JMO... I would think most of MM assets were in a trust, protected.

My mother's Will, listed her attorney as executor and a Trust account listed her cousin, upon her death.

The trust was not listed in the probate, nor any assets, including all property, life insurance policies, stocks, bonds and investments and the majority of her cash assets. The trust paid all funeral expense and provides fund distributions for taxes, repairs, insurance for the property, on going.

It was very easy, low cost and quickly closed her estate. On paper she appeared to own almost nothing.

I'm betting the "M's would take full advantage of a trust, to protect and hide assets.
All my opinion

hum gotta wonder about that one!!! Can you just scratch off a name and replace without a witness etc.?
The name change leads me to believe she had a revocable trust account.

Maybe the sister is over a Trust account.

My moms will listed her attorney and the trust named her cousin. We were told it was better to have two separate executors.
Moo...

"he was very convincing and manipulative" this type of opinion could also describe the credibility of a witness ? Alex made his credibility an issue when he testified.
Correct, that's how I decided to take her words. The financial stuff highlighted AM's previous talent of conniving to manipulate by theft and manipulating people. When he got on that stand they saw that in spades, at least I did. So I don't think that juror using that language will be a problem in the appeal process that's sure to come. The defense may try to make it one but I can't see it working. Their client took the stand, for better or worse. Jurors saw and judged. AJMO

Does anyone really think that AM has revealed all his money and checking accounts and how would anyone know if he did or didn't? He's probably appointed his brother, JMM, as power of attorney, so JMM could close accounts, transfer money to other accounts, etc. There's no telling what fake business accounts AM had nor is there any way of knowing, imo.

This could be true or not. I read early on that AM arrived on the scene of GS fall before first responders. My mind immediately went to if he was the cause. Did he confront her?? Like I said, it may or may not be true.
I'm confused about what part of this you're unsure about. Maybe you meant to quote a different message. To be honest, I don't think there's reason to believe anything Murdaugh said about anything would be true.

I really tend to doubt the properties being in her name had anything to do with it, because he was the one who orchestrated that, trying to shield his assets from the boat crash lawsuits (which was never going to work, but he thought he was smarter than everyone).

As all of the thefts and financial things began to surface, I kept wondering why he was a 'volunteer part time assistant solicitor', it just didn't seem to fit with his seemingly bottomless appetite for money. But then someone here mentioned that he was the only son of RMIII who had sons (and not daughters) and then it clicked.

He was in the solicitor's office (however marginally) to keep the family legacy of legal control of the 5 county area alive and well, and Buster being the only son who was interested in the law, was likely supposed to someday also be a solicitor, keeping the Murdaugh legal legacy alive and well and always in a good deal of control. So much made sense after realizing that.

Excellent points! It wasn't until fourth week of the trial that I realized neither M brothers' have sons... then it clicked for me. lol

Lol, at "bottomless appetite for money"
Buster and Paul were NOT the only two grandsons of Randolph III; JMM’s youngest child is a son and he carries on the family name (Randolph Murdaugh V).

I know nothing about him (age, vocational inclinations, if any at this point) and have read nothing about him in MSM other than that he is a grandchild of the late Randolph Murdaugh III (per obituary). ETA: I assume he is young (school-aged) since JMM mentioned in his testimony that he took the old farm truck to head to Moselle after Alex called the night of June 7 because his wife needed the car to drive the kids to school the next day.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video.

Did anybody else think it was odd that juror McDowell said, "Throughout the case, a lot of people would talk about how we didn't have a notepad in the jury room?"

That sounds like he was looking at media during the trial. Maybe he meant he looked at the coverage after? This is why I would never speak to media if I were a juror.
I think he meant after the fact he was asked, IMO

Thanks for the video.

Did anybody else think it was odd that juror McDowell said, "Throughout the case, a lot of people would talk about how we didn't have a notepad in the jury room?"

That sounds like he was looking at media during the trial. Maybe he meant he looked at the coverage after? This is why I would never speak to media if I were a juror.
I understood him to say his friends would ask him how they were keeping up with it, not having a notepad during the trial, but they had one in the jury box, questions came from friends and family moo

Thanks for the video.

one of them made it clear that they were known to be on the jury in the community and I bet it was not just by family members...people talk and if family knew others did. I am not sure how much influence direct or not impacted this verdict...but I don't question the verdict for a minute. I will leave it up to DH who made it clear he is investigating any and all juror misconduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Acalvert