SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the amount of pills AM alleges he took in a day I would wager a bet one bag of pills being taken from him wasn’t the reason behind the murders. If he was taking as much as he alleges he had plenty of pills available to him. jmo
Wasn’t it just the day prior at baseball game he was in withdrawals at the hotel?
Then confronted at work that Monday by Jeanne or do I have my days mixed up?
An addicts actions will never make sense

There's information on the South Carolina State Ethics Commission’s public disclosure websites. FEC records show AM made a $2,700 donation to Biden For President in April 2020, as well as a $2,700 donation for Hillary For America in June 2015. At the state level, SEC records show a total of about $140,000 in donations made between AM, his wife, brother, father and law firm over the past decade in the state House and Senate, Charleston mayoral, and local Clerk of Court and City Council races.
Is there listed a donation amount to the Harpootlian campaign?

Perhaps AM had Moselle in an LLC, saying that the property was a pay to hunt, or pay to stay, hunting club that was income producing, would commercial insurance be a necessity? M00

Maybe Moselle was in his company's / law firm's name?

It was later discovered that Alex Murdaugh took out a commercial insurance policy on Moselle a month before Satterfield died on the property. He collected over $4.3 million from the insurance

Who Needs Commercial Property Insurance?​

If you own any commercial property in South Carolina, coverage is necessary. While you may not be mandated to obtain all business insurances, it is wise to be protected. Take a look at the list below of who may need commercial property insurance:

• Business owners
  • Commercial property owners
  • If you have commercial equipment
  • If you have a property titled in a business name
If a claim occurs and you are without commercial property insurance, you could be out of luck. Finances can get hit, and it would cause a substantial blow to your investment. In order to protect your interests, consider reviewing your policies for accuracy.

Honestly I'm surprised that AM would part with any cash, trying to pull a chew bone out of your dogs mouth with it growling at you the whole time.
IMO he would gladly part with other peoples cash for past 'favors', current 'favors' and future 'favors' for his sole benefit. I also believe he would trade dope for 'favors' when necessary. I agree with you that he would, legally or otherwise, grip fiercely, hold onto tightly and protect in any way he possibly could that which he considered his.

AM laundered millions of dollars. There is no way that all the cash went to drug procurement. So, is it in The Bahamas or some other country that has privacy laws?

At this point, he can't tell his lawyers because they would have to disclose it, right? No privacy to tell anyone in his family or the friends he has left. It is possible that the money will sit somewhere and never be used. Ironic to me to a man who lived in excess will be eating Smeat prison food and will never get to "enjoy" his ill-gotten gains.

Could he have arranged for Moselle to be set up as a hunting club and therefore a commercial property? I’m just guessing, no idea. I’d think if there’s a loophole, AM is your guy to find it.

It's a fact that in Feb 2019 when the boating accident occurred, Moselle was AM's primary residence that did not have adequate supplemental insurance coverage (i.e., no umbrella policy) making AM/MM personally liable for any claims exceeding their boating insurance policy at $500K.

But sure, AM could have after the fact arranged for Moselle to be a hunting club and secured commercial insurance but this would be of no use or benefit to AM for the 2019 boat accident by PM and the subsequent personal lawsuit that followed.

It's a fact that in Feb 2019 when the boating accident occurred, Moselle was AM's primary residence that did not have adequate supplemental insurance coverage (i.e., no umbrella policy) making AM/MM personally liable for any claims exceeding their boating insurance policy at $500K.

But sure, AM could have after the fact arranged for Moselle to be a hunting club and secured commercial insurance but this would be of no use or benefit to AM for the 2019 boat accident by PM and the subsequent personal lawsuit that followed.

I think the idea of being personally on the hook was eating away at him. MM hand-wringing about the potential exposure must have made him furious. He probably felt less stress with her at Moselle less but it made it more likely that she would move on from him. I tend to think that he was more indifferent to MM. And, he was enraged at PM for dismantling his schemes through his behavior. PM shone a bright light on the family and the ways that the family continually rescued him. PM's trial and the AM exposure in lawsuits meant that margin for felony error got really tight for AM. I think AM was enraged at PM for his part in undoing AM's illegal empire.

I dunno -- all the references I've viewed indicate a man with AM's opioid addiction should have been one skinny, wiry dude. By his own admission, pills energized him and there was no sedation for him.

But in comparison to AM's current intake sheet listing him at 6'4 and 201 lbs., AM was a very heavy man during his alleged addiction and/or prior to his incarceration. How is that?

That is not at all what I was saying. Paul would look for and find his pill stash to keep his father from taking the pills. I think that AM needed them and he knew that Paul most likely had them and he wanted them back. I also think that the bag of pills is what he was after when he turned Paul and went into his pocket. I do not think he was after the phone. I think it was a combination of being caught stealing, the boat suit and his addiction. I do believe that MM was considering a divorce. JMO.
IMO it was all financially motivated (not to be confused with profiting) and to garner sympathy with the lawsuits, and then further look for sympathy as a target, which morphed into 'assisted suicide'. we know, MM did not know the state of his impeding ruin with the law firm swindle. it was just brought to light to AM with CFO the day of the murders. all of his fraudulent activity with client settlement was going to be exposed. he knew it.

IMO, MM had already drifted away, not living there. he knew that MM would jump ship entirely concerning HIM once his crimes were exposed (but would stand by her son). she would sell moselle and move on. (did she know Moselle property secured several mortgages??) that would have been a further 'reveal' for MM perhaps finding its not worth what she thought if she decided to dump him and sell it. (edited to add: she was also named in the boat lawsuit)

important to remember: his first client theft was in 2015. in 2016 he transfers moselle to MM. I think that was done to defraud creditors. but the point is moot now. dont forget the Boulware debacle. thats an interesting read. (B Boulware did the same thing when he owned Moselle, transfer to his wife). (AM became power of attorney for Barrett Boulware)

so many pieces...and IMO more to come .

Last edited:
IMO he would gladly part with other peoples cash for past 'favors', current 'favors' and future 'favors' for his sole benefit. I also believe he would trade dope for 'favors' when necessary. I agree with you that he would, legally or otherwise, grip fiercely, hold onto tightly and protect in any way he possibly could that which he considered his.
His was in a political, and powerful, position. You have to pay to play that game. He donated to both parties (at least in SC), or so I've read.

Last edited:
I dunno -- all the references I've viewed indicate a man with AM's opioid addiction should have been one skinny, wiry dude. By his own admission, pills energized him and there was no sedation for him.

But in comparison to AM's current intake sheet listing him at 6'4 and 201 lbs., AM was a very heavy man during his alleged addiction and/or prior to his incarceration. How is that?
After you take them for a long time, the sedation tends to decrease. They would ramp him up for a bit, then he'd started coming down. He'd start suffering from withdrawal and begin to feel pretty sick so, take another.

He's got a swollen, puffy, look about him before he was arrested, but he didn't spend all that money on pills. I think he used it on funding a continuous lucrative lifestyle, and for paying people off.

I think the idea of being personally on the hook was eating away at him. MM hand-wringing about the potential exposure must have made him furious. He probably felt less stress with her at Moselle less but it made it more likely that she would move on from him. I tend to think that he was more indifferent to MM. And, he was enraged at PM for dismantling his schemes through his behavior. PM shone a bright light on the family and the ways that the family continually rescued him. PM's trial and the AM exposure in lawsuits meant that margin for felony error got really tight for AM. I think AM was enraged at PM for his part in undoing AM's illegal empire.

But greedy AM should have also been upset with himself!

In 2018 when GS accidentally fell at Moselle, in addition to their homeowner's policy, they also had a $5M personal umbrella policy in place but after AM encouraged the Satterfields to file suit against him, AM first tapped their Lloyds of London policy at $505K, and then claimed more against the personal umbrella policy at $4.3M-- resulting in the cancellation of their umbrella policy for 2019 when they needed it most! (i.e., Nautilus Insurance dropped AM/MM and did not extend an offer to renew the policy past 2018).

Price: $3,900,000
Acres: 1,772.2±
Price Per Acre: $2,201
Type: Farms, Hunting Land, Recreational Land, Residential Property, Riverfront

Fl

Attachments

• MoselleFlyer.pdf
    393.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

I've known 300 lb. crackheads. Just sayin

Perhaps AM had Moselle in an LLC, saying that the property was a pay to hunt, or pay to stay, hunting club that was income producing, would commercial insurance be a necessity? M00
Respectfully, we know all the facts about the property already as it was listed as an asset in MM's estate and has already been sold. Although initially purchased jointly by AM/MM, the owner later became MM and the seller was MM's estate.

<modsnip>
The juror that was excused.

Judge Newman encouraged the juror not to speak publicly until after the trial but said she had the right to speak if she wished.

Judge Newman said the excused juror could talk after case was over, if she could talk then they all can talk should they want to, iirc the excused juror had chosen not to per her lawyer.

The ones that have spoke probably had alot to get off their chest.

Jmo
I would like to know the political contributions made by AM, as well as the law firm, to local, state, and federal candidates over the past years.

ETA: add in the PACS as well.
Excellent Point!! Politics and Lawyering... MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads