SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton *Guilty* #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO I have absolutely no doubt that AM pulled on every lever he could that would consolidate his access to power.

Legal donations to politicians, and likely money under the table, as well.

He was enriching himself at the cost of clients who truly were in need of the money they won, and with his ill-gotten gains, I’m certain he greased a lot of palms along the way.

SOMEONE had to pay for JG and DH. I hope his family didn’t pay. At the moment I don’t fault Randy, because as far as we know he didn’t play the Murdaugh card the way the rest of them did. I know Randy is the Randolph namesake, but as of now IMO he’s a better guy than the rest.

I read that Alec's $2.2M retirement account went to JG and DH for legal fees (likely including filing of an appeal or appeals).

IMO.

IMO I have absolutely no doubt that AM pulled on every lever he could that would consolidate his access to power.

He was enriching himself at the cost of clients who truly were in need of the money they won, and with his ill-gotten gains, I’m certain he greased a lot of palms along the way.

SOMEONE had to pay for JG and DH. I hope his family didn’t pay. At the moment I don’t fault Randy, because as far as we know he didn’t play the Murdaugh card the way the rest of them did. I know Randy is the Randolph namesake, but as of now IMO he’s a better guy than the rest.

I read that Alec's retirement account went to JG and DH for legal fees (likely including filing of an appeal or appeals). Maybe it's just $600K of that, there's apparently $300K being held for financial victims and I don't know about remainder.

IMO.

I agree with you. most assuredly with the boat crash. just another layer that he would not be able to get out of...knowing he is now on his way of being exposed by his firm. he was boxed in.
I have always thought the boat crash was the beginning of the end for AM ....it is all downhill after that and he was right in what he said to his SIL "whoever did this was planning if for a long time".

I agree with you. most assuredly with the boat crash. just another layer that he would not be able to get out of...knowing he is now on his way of being exposed by his firm. he was boxed in.
I have always thought the boat crash was the beginning of the end for AM ....it is all downhill after that and he was right in what he said to his SIL "whoever did this was planning if for a long time".

I read that Alec's retirement account went to JG and DH for legal fees (likely including filing of an appeal or appeals). Maybe it's just $600K of that, there's apparently $300K being held for financial victims and I don't know about remainder.

IMO.

IMO.

It is so kind of all of them to save out 300k for victims. NOT!!! It is a mere drop in the bucket. Now, I kind of wish that the financial trials happened first so the lawyers would have had to volunteer their time or the family (who think he may be innocent could have paid). Once again the common people are screwed by him. Ughh... I want to know where he put that money because I don't believe he spent it all on bad land deals (or as he says, paying for more than his percentage so the properties were not lost) or designer oxy.

It is so kind of all of them to save out 300k for victims. NOT!!! It is a mere drop in the bucket. Now, I kind of wish that the financial trials happened first so the lawyers would have had to volunteer their time or the family (who think he may be innocent could have paid). Once again the common people are screwed by him. Ughh... I want to know where he put that money because I don't believe he spent it all on bad land deals (or as he says, paying for more than his percentage so the properties were not lost) or designer oxy.
I think/hope that at least a portion of the sale of any property will go to pay those who were ripped off. At least the Firm Lawyers are paying back what AM stole from Clients, but They were robbed as well. With the dismantling of the old company, hopefully they have implemented better check and balances. Insane they didn't have that in place previously. Even with family, my Dad always said, 'Good fences make good neighbors.' Boundaries make everyone safe. MOO

I'm many pages behind so I'm not sure if this has been brought up but something came to me today while I was cleaning up my house. The whole Pau Pau thing REALLY grates me for some reason but I have some thoughts about it.

I'm wondering when Convicted Murderer AM uses the name Pau Pau in his mind he's referring to the younger version of child Paul. They might have called him by that when he was a baby or small child. The more grown-up and adult Paul is a completely different person to him. So when he says " I could never hurt Pau Pau" he's referring to the innocent baby that was his son. He could/would never hurt his baby Pau Pau. But he has no problem killing the grown up Paul... The one who has brought him all of this trouble with his confrontation about the pills, his questionable drinking behavior, the boat crash etc, etc. Paul's friends said that when Paul was drinking heavily he would turn into a completely different person.( they referred to him as " Timmy", his alter ego) So I'm wondering if Convicted Murderer Alex used that to justify his actions to himself?

Now I'm not sure if he uses this same warped way of thinking about MM? Did he really call her "Mags" instead of Maggie or Margret? I don't recall if any of the witnesses called to the stand by Convicted Murderer Alex's defense team used that term for her. So the same thing might apply. He would never hurt Mags but he had no problem killing Maggie. She was the one who wanted to move out of Mosselle?? She might have been looking into getting a divorce which would place even more stress on his financial situation. She may also have confronted him about his drug use, etc,etc.

It's just the kind of shady, slimy Murdaugh way to get around the rules and justify his behavior. He's the mild mannered, aw shucks, local, corn pone attorney by day but when THE jones comes calling he then turns into this Junkie Monster Murderer after working hours. He no longer sees Pau Pau his son or Mags his wife. No, he sees Paul and Maggie, the mean people who are out to get him and take away HIS pills, HIS money, HIS hunting property and ultimately HIS power. He wasn't going to let them get away with that so he killed them.

I'm no psychologist or psychiatrist but this is all my opinion of course.

I'm many pages behind so I'm not sure if this has been brought up but something came to me today while I was cleaning up my house. The whole Pau Pau thing REALLY grates me for some reason but I have some thoughts about it.

I'm wondering when Convicted Murderer AM uses the name Pau Pau in his mind he's referring to the younger version of child Paul. They might have called him by that when he was a baby or small child. The more grown-up and adult Paul is a completely different person to him. So when he says " I could never hurt Pau Pau" he's referring to the innocent baby that was his son. He could/would never hurt his baby Pau Pau. But he has no problem killing the grown up Paul... The one who has brought him all of this trouble with his confrontation about the pills, his questionable drinking behavior, the boat crash etc, etc. Paul's friends said that when Paul was drinking heavily he would turn into a completely different person.( they referred to him as " Timmy", his alter ego) So I'm wondering if Convicted Murderer Alex used that to justify his actions to himself?

Now I'm not sure if he uses this same warped way of thinking about MM? Did he really call her "Mags" instead of Maggie or Margret? I don't recall if any of the witnesses called to the stand by Convicted Murderer Alex's defense team used that term for her. So the same thing might apply. He would never hurt Mags but he had no problem killing Maggie. She was the one who wanted to move out of Mosselle?? She might have been looking into getting a divorce which would place even more stress on his financial situation. She may also have confronted him about his drug use, etc,etc.

It's just the kind of shady, slimy Murdaugh way to get around the rules and justify his behavior. He's the mild mannered, aw shucks, local, corn pone attorney by day but when THE jones comes calling he then turns into this Junkie Monster Murderer after working hours. He no longer sees Pau Pau his son or Mags his wife. No, he sees Paul and Maggie, the mean people who are out to get him and take away HIS pills, HIS money, HIS hunting property and ultimately HIS power. He wasn't going to let them get away with that so he killed them.

I'm no psychologist or psychiatrist but this is all my opinion of course.
I like this thinking. You give something to think about in that PauPau throwback time frame. Sad. The mean people out to get him makes a lot of sense to someone in his very troubled mind, troubled mind of his whole life really though. Good stuff.

IMO he would gladly part with other peoples cash for past 'favors', current 'favors' and future 'favors' for his sole benefit. I also believe he would trade dope for 'favors' when necessary. I agree with you that he would, legally or otherwise, grip fiercely, hold onto tightly and protect in any way he possibly could that which he considered his.
One hand washes the other hard to get so many dirty hands clean after awhile.

Maybe Moselle was in his company's / law firm's name?

It was later discovered that Alex Murdaugh took out a commercial insurance policy on Moselle a month before Satterfield died on the property. He collected over $4.3 million from the insurance

Who Needs Commercial Property Insurance?​

If you own any commercial property in South Carolina, coverage is necessary. While you may not be mandated to obtain all business insurances, it is wise to be protected. Take a look at the list below of who may need commercial property insurance:

• Business owners
  • Commercial property owners
  • If you have commercial equipment
  • If you have a property titled in a business name
If a claim occurs and you are without commercial property insurance, you could be out of luck. Finances can get hit, and it would cause a substantial blow to your investment. In order to protect your interests, consider reviewing your policies for accuracy.

There's a landing strip for planes, dog kennels and hunting at the Moselle property. I can't even begin to imagine what all went on at that property, but I sure would like to know.

I think the idea of being personally on the hook was eating away at him. MM hand-wringing about the potential exposure must have made him furious. He probably felt less stress with her at Moselle less but it made it more likely that she would move on from him. I tend to think that he was more indifferent to MM. And, he was enraged at PM for dismantling his schemes through his behavior. PM shone a bright light on the family and the ways that the family continually rescued him. PM's trial and the AM exposure in lawsuits meant that margin for felony error got really tight for AM. I think AM was enraged at PM for his part in undoing AM's illegal empire.
AM testified on the stand that who ever murdered PauPau must have really hated him (paraphrased).

I have always thought the boat crash was the beginning of the end for AM ....it is all downhill after that and he was right in what he said to his SIL "whoever did this was planning if for a long time". <modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a landing strip for planes, dog kennels and hunting at the Moselle property. I can't even begin to imagine what all went on at that property, but I sure would like to know.
Can't forget water access and boat docks. AM got into something. PM's actions were shedding light. PM had to go, and so did MM (I do personally believe that she was considering leaving him and that just would not do.).

It’s not his profession. It’s arrogance … sniping … self-righteous indignation … attitude toward women … birds of a feather … rules don’t apply to him … “forgive me, I’m old”

Moo.Moo.
Agree, he's not a good person. Period. I've got a family full of lawyers. Not bothered by the profession. I just feel that unless he needs to wear that hat (the lawyering one), he's nothing more than a "fixer" for AM and probably others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member