NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO it seems most are thinking of this random family member that has Drug Trafficking ties. However, this MSM reporter gave the name Octavian. Octavian is the name of someone who had a Christmas stocking on the fireplace in the photos on FB. He may be distantly related but he seems to have been really close to the family. So it is possible he had a relationship with Madalina, could even be a close relationship. If he himself feared she was in trouble, he might have no problem calling any and all connections to keep her safe.

It seems like having her passport in the car meant they thought of leaving the country by what everyone would consider normal. But since DC still had the passports, either they didn't leave the country or someone helped MC cross the borders behind the scenes, which I cannot think would be too hard for drug traffickers. This is all my guessing and speculation based of the thought process that she was handed off to someone for protection.

I think it could be possible that CP was involved in drug trafficking through DC's Connections and somehow got them into trouble. Just my guessing and thought process.

IMO it seems most are thinking of this random family member that has Drug Trafficking ties. However, this MSM reporter gave the name Octavian. Octavian is the name of someone who had a Christmas stocking on the fireplace in the photos on FB. He may be distantly related but he seems to have been really close to the family. So it is possible he had a relationship with Madalina, could even be a close relationship. If he himself feared she was in trouble, he might have no problem calling any and all connections to keep her safe.

It seems like having her passport in the car meant they thought of leaving the country by what everyone would consider normal. But since DC still had the passports, either they didn't leave the country or someone helped MC cross the borders behind the scenes, which I cannot think would be too hard for drug traffickers. This is all my guessing and speculation based of the thought process that she was handed off to someone for protection.

I think it could be possible that CP was involved in drug trafficking through DC's Connections and somehow got them into trouble. Just my guessing and thought process.
Now that Octavian has been named by MSM, I am very curious about his connection.

@SpicyFruit Do you get the sense that OC lives in the U.S. or is he a distant family member in Moldova?
i initially thought he would be in the u.s, thats the feeling i get.

Excellent catch with the name and stocking. this is all a turn that i didn't expect, but i really hope she is somewhere safe. I am trying not to have false hope but i like to think that given all she had presumably been thru that she was putting that girl out of harm but safely with someone else. Lets hope this moves towards something of that nature for sweet madalina.

The court records related to the search of Cojocari’s car are dated Feb. 13 and 14.

Investigators searched Diana Cojocari’s green 2008 Toyota Prius and seized Madalina’s Moldovan and Romanian passports, Diana’s Romanian passport, a Moldovan debit card, and “miscellaneous education certificates and work documents,” court records indicate. All of these items were found in the car’s center console, police wrote.

this provides a different slant

Drug trafficking connection?​

In addition to the K-9 search of the car, the relative Diana Cojocari was in contact with made “multiple” calls to numbers belonging to “unidentified targets” involved in ongoing narcotic trafficking investigations, police told a judge in applying for a search warrant.

Detectives state in the warrant application it’s possible “persons associated with narcotics activity are also associated with human smuggling.”

The request for smuggling is making no sense unless she had absolutely no money at all, in which case all she needed to just leave with her daughter any time she chose was some money . He was away quite often so it's not like she was a prisoner, she had their passports.

need to see the actual warrants.
RBBM
I'm wondering if she had access to money herself, the search warrant mentions a Moldovan debit card but not an American one. With hers and Madalinas passports, plus the Moldovan debit card and education certs and docs. It feels like this was her 'bug out' cache.
Maybe she wasn't allowed/ or didn't have access to CP bank or money. I know in some relationships one partner can be controlled by finances.
The phone calls asking for Madalina to be hidden from CP and the cache in the car, PLUS her seemingly nonchalant behaviour towards her daughter being 'missing', leads me to think that she is actually not worried about her at all and knows she is safe.
Also another thought I am wondering what her and Madalina's immigration status in the U.S. is.
<modsnip>
This is all JMO and thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:
I recall a vehicle with Florida license plate parked in their driveway next to Prius very early on in investigation, Several posters commented on it. I cannot provide link so must say MOO.

Good catch with Octavian and the Christmas stocking! It seems he must not have taken Madalina despite Diana’s request. So what did Diana do with Madalina?

Diana had possession of her and Madalina’s passports so evidently CP wasn’t holding them back from her. She had a debit card which could be funded by concerned relatives. Based on her FB and the spotting in Madison county she could move around freely.

So why didn’t she ask for money to buy plane tickets for her and Madalina? Why all the subterfuge? And if the relative doesn’t have Madalina then what did Diana do with her?

Good catch with Octavian and the Christmas stocking! It seems he must not have taken Madalina despite Diana’s request. So what did Diana do with Madalina?

Diana had possession of her and Madalina’s passports so evidently CP wasn’t holding them back from her. She had a debit card which could be funded by concerned relatives. Based on her FB and the spotting in Madison county she could move around freely.

So why didn’t she ask for money to buy plane tickets for her and Madalina? Why all the subterfuge? And if the relative doesn’t have Madalina then what did Diana do with her?
My thoughts and only my thoughts would be that doing anything legally like travel or even spending, can be tracked. Depending on who CP was supposedly in trouble with, it would mean having the chance of that person finding their location. The relative might not have her, but he also might know a little info on who has her or who helped her disappear. My concern with that though is it seemed like Diana was going to go with Madalina, why didn't she? Then there is also the chance that if no one did help her, she thought death was a better option. I really want to hold out hope that Madalina is out there safe somewhere.

RBBM
I'm wondering if she had access to money herself, the search warrant mentions a Moldovan debit card but not an American one. With hers and Madalinas passports, plus the Moldovan debit card and education certs and docs. It feels like this was her 'bug out' cache.
Maybe she wasn't allowed/ or didn't have access to CP bank or money. I know in some relationships one partner can be controlled by finances.
The phone calls asking for Madalina to be hidden from CP and the cache in the car, PLUS her seemingly nonchalant behaviour towards her daughter being 'missing', leads me to think that she is actually not worried about her at all and knows she is safe.
<modsnip>
it's so difficult to even hazard a guess at what she understood and what she did not.
It's highly unlikely she would have reached out to authorities for help.
I don't know what exactly she believed she needed help with.
Did sge believe she'd been brought to the US under false pretences?

It's just so difficult with this case, a constant reading between the lines and translation..

Last edited by a moderator:
honestly i thought the opposite way. maybe step dad found out the plan to be hidden and harmed her before it could happen.
My guess is that the step father was molesting her, mom found out bc some accident happened. I hate typing that but to me it's the most likely scenario. The burning of furniture is so suspicious, as is no one reporting her missing for 3 weeks. Poor Madalina. I really hope I'm wrong.

Not sure if the warrant has been posted

Thank you! I have only seen snip its.
This is interesting. Diana's Mother and Diana were asking for help smuggling Diana & Madalina away from home.

"In an interview with Octavian Cebanu(adistant relative ofDiana) he stated that Diana Cojocari and her mother asked him if he would assist Diana with “smuggling” her and Madalina Cojocari away from the residence. Octavian stated that she told him she was in a bad relationship with co-defendant Christopher Palmiter and wanted a divorce."

And realistically, you can't send a girl of that age off to ANYONE and expect her to be kept safe. Too many predators. Many times it's only the parent standing in between the bad people and their kids. Sorry but the bad people I'm referring to are almost all men.

Thank you! I have only seen snip its.
This is interesting. Diana's Mother and Diana were asking for help smuggling Diana & Madalina away from home.

"In an interview with Octavian Cebanu(adistant relative ofDiana) he stated that Diana Cojocari and her mother asked him if he would assist Diana with “smuggling” her and Madalina Cojocari away from the residence. Octavian stated that she told him she was in a bad relationship with co-defendant Christopher Palmiter and wanted a divorce."

I'm hoping they got a fake passport for Madalina and Diana's mom has her someplace safe.

My guess is that the step father was molesting her, mom found out bc some accident happened. I hate typing that but to me it's the most likely scenario. The burning of furniture is so suspicious, as is no one reporting her missing for 3 weeks. Poor Madalina. I really hope I'm wrong.
There have been no claims nor evidence that Madalina was being molested by Step-father as you have concluded.

Not sure if the warrant has been posted

On the human smuggling part, the warrant on the last page, second to last sentence, is where the human smuggling comes into play. That part is based on "affiant's training and experience" that persons associated with drug activity are also associated with human smuggling.

So it's not that the people they were calling were known human smugglers, it's that in the detective's experience, those who deal in drugs also deal in human smuggling.

This is something the DEA talks about as well (I"m on my HOA board and we get briefed by local police on gang activity, drug activity, etc. so this comes up often and they often provide us with handouts from the DEA on various matters).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy102502