Did Morphey know what he was involved in?

I think Drew's earlier statements of Stacy being on antidepressants goes along with him using Tom in his grand scheme of things. He probably did offer her pills to him as a reason to get him over to his house. If Tom took some of them then...it could explain his memory lapses. Drew preys on the weaknesses in people and he is a master of manipulation.

Why would Tom stay at the coffee shop waiting on Drew for as long as he did? Didn't this strike him as odd behavior? He is invited out for coffee and the guy bolts? What did Drew tell Tom about where Stacy was at that time of the night and why Stacy wasn't there to help him load the barrel or container? Why didn't Drew have the oldest son help load an "innocent" container in the back of his vehicle? Did the children see Uncle Tom that night? (It was early enough they would have been awake and able to verify he was at least there.)

That is one thing that I just don't understand, either. Maybe I am just extraordinarly nosey, but I would have asked what's in the container, why does it feel warm? and why are you leaving your cell phone with me, but don't want me to answer it?

In MHO, that's why I believe that Morphey knew more than he is letting on. I also think that's why he called a friend and "confessed".

we haven't heard anything about yet.

At this time I don't think the stepbrother knew just exactly what he was helping with, DrewP is a manipulator and IMO used him and the deed was done before he had a lightbulb moment. If DrewP had let him know everything, then he would have used him to help dispose of the body rather than to just load the container. He also would have not had a problem using the cell phone more and telling him to answer it so there would be a trail of actual calls received between him and Stacy.
His stepbrother may not be the most savory person but I don't think he wanted to be involved with an actual murder.

Relating to the bold part: Hence the memory lapses around the time of moving the barrel. Maybe he did, but can't remember? On the other hand, I doubt Drew needed help unloading it. It's easy to roll a barrel down. Drop point was prepared in advance for easy and quick dump... and burial, or submerge?

Don't most crimes have a statute of limitations? I don't know the law. So, I could be wrong. In any case, I would throw myself at the mercy of the police and confess to any and all past behaviors, totally spilling the beans on DP. If DP knowingly covered for his stepbrother, wouldn't that be a worse crime because he is a police officer sworn to uphold the law??

Isn't Morphey the one that managed the bar that DP and Katherine used to own? If so, my guess is that the bar was a "front" for something illegal. That would explain how DP has so much money for toys like airplanes, swimming pools, motorcycles, etc. We have to keep in mind that he has been married 4 times...three ex-wives, three divorces, 4 children, none of these are cheap...and he was able to endow Stacy with fine jewelry, plastic surgery, etc.??? Maybe the bar was a front for illicit drug trade and he kept Morphey quiet by feeding his habit??? Just a thought.

I want to know what Drew said to Morphey when he visited him in the hospital on 10-30. I am positive Drew was the cause of Morpheys memory lapse. I have known people who have overdosed, intentionally or not and they remember everything afterwards. In fact, Morphey was clear enough right after he confessed to a friend to be able to give great detail.

Is it against Websleuths policy to post Thomas Morphey's rap sheet? I have access to his crimes in DuPage county and can post them if need be. Most are domestic battery and battery charges.

Isn't Morphey the one that managed the bar that DP and Katherine used to own? If so, my guess is that the bar was a "front" for something illegal. That would explain how DP has so much money for toys like airplanes, swimming pools, motorcycles, etc. We have to keep in mind that he has been married 4 times...three ex-wives, three divorces, 4 children, none of these are cheap...and he was able to endow Stacy with fine jewelry, plastic surgery, etc.??? Maybe the bar was a front for illicit drug trade and he kept Morphey quiet by feeding his habit??? Just a thought.

Morphey doesn't have a single drug charge on his rap sheet, so IDK how far into drugs he is. Maybe Morphey's vice is alcohol. He could be just an alcoholic that gets violent when he drinks?

Is it against Websleuths policy to post Thomas Morphey's rap sheet? I have access to his crimes in DuPage county and can post them if need be. Most are domestic battery and battery charges.

It never hurts to check with the mods. However it is public info.

Hey, can you locate on Kathleens obit her boyfriends name and pull up his obit? He died in 2005, IIRC. It would be interesting to find a COD for him. You are very good at finding public info.

It never hurts to check with the mods. However it is public info.

Hey, can you locate on Kathleens obit her boyfriends name and pull up his obit? He died in 2005, IIRC. It would be interesting to find a COD for him. You are very good at finding public info.

It wasn't Kathleen's boyfriend, he was 2nd wife Victoria's boyfriend. His name was Jeffrey Archer. Info on his death: http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1813999&postcount=40

IDK cause of death, but apparently he was murdered and found in the IL Sanitary & Ship canal about a mile east of IL-171 and Rt. 83 in Lemont.

I'll find out his obit and post in a sec.

It wasn't Kathleen's boyfriend, he was 2nd wife Victoria's boyfriend. His name was Jeffrey Archer. Info on his death: http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1813999&postcount=40

IDK cause of death, but apparently he was murdered and found in the IL Sanitary & Ship canal about a mile east of IL-171 and Rt. 83 in Lemont.

That is 17 minutes from Bolingbrook, IL. Interesting. Might be a good place to search for Stacy.

This is another one if you can believe it! It was discussed by commenter on Greta. Someone on Ancestry.com looked up Kathleens obit. In it he is listed as her "special friend" or something like that. The person then looked up his name and lo and behold His obituary from 1995 came up. Everyone is obviously curious as to what his COD is.

Is the Sanitary & Ship canal the same as Cal Sag? If not, what does Cal Sag stand for?

Hmm I thought I also read something about a man who knew Kathleen well , was so distraught after her death..then he died and some thought it was suicide. I read that either at Greta, Findstacypeterson.com, or one of the many news articles. I can't find it now..but it certainly is food for thought.

I found the post about Kathleens BF. Fran posted it in the trail of bodies thread. Thanks Fran!

Today, 08:50 AM
fran
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1823278", true);

I found this on gretawire this morning. What do you think? Truth?

Is this another body? I dunno. In another post, it mentioned he died in the hospital but didn't give a COD.

fran

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2007/11...tion/#comments

Comment by Julie from MN
November 29th, 2007 at 2:25 am
Comment by Wendy, Los Angeles
November 29th, 2007 at 2:19 am
Julie MN. how do you know it’s the same guy???? just curious. Hi by the way, lost you earlier in the gretawire debacle
———————————————–

Hey Wendy….

Well, it’s the same name as it’s listed in her obituary. And this person (boyfriend) was listed as “deeply missing” Kathleen in her obituary. I assumed from the choice of wording that it was a boyfriend or dear, dear friend of Kathleen’s. He was the only one mentioned with family members.

He doesn’t have a common last name. Age wise - it might work.

All I know is the same name listed in her obituary now as his own obituary.

Did Steve say tonight on the show that “someone’s boyfriend had died”? I missed that part, if Steve did indeed say that.

I find it odd that someone with the same name as Kathleen’s significant

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1823278&postcount=81

I was just reading over at findstaceypeterson.com that they are bringing barges into that area to help remove cars, trucks, that have been dumped so that the divers are safe in their search for Stacy

Someone local there said that Cal Sag and The Sanitary Shipping Canal meet at this general area, if I understood their post correctly.

And I'm not sure J. Archer was Victoria's BF. He just seemed like the most logical one when I searched cold case databases in ILL.

I was just reading over at findstaceypeterson.com that they are bringing barges into that area to help remove cars, trucks, that have been dumped so that the divers are safe in their search for Stacy

Someone local there said that Cal Sag and The Sanitary Shipping Canal meet at this general area, if I understood their post correctly.

Thanks! I will be interested in how many bodies will be found, because someone, somewhere in the blogosphere, said the area of Cal Sag has been a body dumping ground since Capone.

I would not want to be one of those divers then..it sounds like the place could be crawling with corspes.

We need a local. Does anyone know where on Cal Sag one man could remove a barrel from a vehicle and be able to put it into the water? And how fast the current in the canal is this time of the year?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back