CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, found deceased, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 *Arrest* #59

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know more about bipolar disorder than I ever cared to know because my mom has it. And while LS has exhibited signs of possible mania at times (specifically, impulsivity, pressurized speech, and an exaggerated sense of self), her behavior could just as easily be indicative of other disorders. Borderline Personality Disorder, Histrionic Personality Disorder, and Narcissistic Personality Disorder are a few that come to mind. But, more importantly, I haven’t seen a shred of evidence that suggests she's ever suffered from psychosis.

Psychotic episodes don’t just magically go away or resolve their own. That’s not how psychosis works. I have to assume that’s why she's claiming she was in a dissociative state instead. Recovering from psychosis is a hard, lengthy process that often requires hospitalization. For family members, it can often feel like an excruciating and painful slog of two steps forward and three steps back. No one having a psychotic episode can make the kind of methodical plans LS made. They would never be able to conceal a body without detection for even a brief period of time. They would never be able to muster up the kind of focus required to move clear across the country with such purpose. When my mom was in the throes of psychosis, she circled images of Santa Claus on a Where’s Waldo? activity sheet and wrote her name backwards and upside down like that possessed chick from that movie Stigmata.

Sadly, I’m not joking.

It's possible that LS was hospitalized for mania or depression when she lied to HH and said she had cancer years ago. But I didn't see anything that resembled either of those things during her trip back to Colorado with the police. And we know she wasn't hospitalized between the day she killed Gannon and her arrest. Considering the fact that psychosis doesn't just resolve on its own, I think it's clear LS wasn't suffering from a psychotic break at the time of and/or after Gannon's death.
IMHO
Thank you for making that point. Absolutely.

<modsnip> there's a massive bluestar reaction.

That to me is actually more upsetting than the ME photos.

That room must have looked like an abattoir.

MOO

OT but I just want to say that it's the second time I've seen you use the word abattoir recently and I absolutely love you for teaching me a new word.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back when the AA was released to the public, there was alot of speculation on Gannon trying to hide from her. Hiding between his bed and the wall. Then LS finding him, pulling out the bed farther and attacking him on the floor.
Why is she shooting him as well? I just cant picture how a grown woman can do this to a child . 18 stabs and a shot in the jaw . Just out of the blue on a random weekday. This is really horrible abuse and nothing ever before?

I hate to sound so graphic but one possible explanation for their not being any blood on that table, is if LS ripped the blanket off the bed and tossed it aside, and it just covered the table. So the table would have been in a void area where the blanket (that was in the suitcase with him) would have absorbed any blood.
Makes sense to me. In her violent anger looking for him, she rips the blankets off, throws them to the right, then grabs the bed and yanks it to the right, then sees him hiding on the floor and attacks him.

It's actually not that much. I thought so too. But today I went to the forensic journals and found that spraying a light solution of baking powder on a body helps preserve it during the autopsy period (this is especially used in veterinary medicine, but around the world, it's used for humans as well). It needs to be reapplied if days and days go by. By the time the body was found, there would be no further aid from the baking soda (if applied - although knowing T., she could have dumped a lot in there), The soda itself might have mostly decomposed or entirely decomposed (which is why if your carpet is an issue, you might have to reapply several times).

But I figure that the cold was her first idea about slowing decomp, and if she used baking soda, it might have helped delay for a few more days. Indeed, since decomp occurs more quickly in humid environments, she ought not to have headed for FL - but her nerves must have been jangling, because I figure she knew decomp would be accelerated by damp.

That's why she tried to throw him into the water.

All my speculation, JMO. At any rate, the volume of baking soda used for this purpose in Egypt was very small (kind of like using talcum powder on a baby - so not that much). Indeed, one could mix the baking soda with talc to good effect for this purpose or with arrowroot or cornstarch. All of those things do decompose into other products and might well be undetectable three months out.

IMO.
You know, there was a lot of speculation back then that she got kitty litter at Petco....

Why is she shooting him as well? I just cant picture how a grown woman can do this to a child . 18 stabs and a shot in the jaw . Just out of the blue on a random weekday. This is really horrible abuse and nothing ever before?
I think she stabbed him, then pistol whipped him (dent in the window seal) then shot him.

Based on you viewing this scene, is it likely Gannon would not be up and walking after the attack?

From analysis, he's on or near the floor for one or two spatter producing events.

Won't make a statement to Gannon's mobility, defense objects, sustained.

Moves for admission of Griffin's report. Objection. Judge is looking at report.

Objection is sustained. Jury does not have expert with them to help them understand the report. Report is cumulative to the expert testimony.

Cross.

Velocity terms aren't used in bloodstain.

For once, I don't have a problem with his questions, they're the same novice ones I'd be asking.

Asking about the gunshot wound, what type of blood spatter that would create. He says backspatter, 1-2mm in diameter.

Asking about Gannon's position when shot. How close he would have had to be to the wall. No hard and fast data, 4-6 feet.

Low-medium-high velocity terms went out almost 20 years ago. Defense is trying to still shoehorn them in.

Trying to get an easy simple answer as to how many events and what kind. Witness is refusing to be moved.

Says it's possible at least one happened above the level of the bed.

He's asking now about the two rounds from the pillowcase. Witness says he did not see anything in the room that looked like it had been hit by a bullet.

And we're at the bottom of the barrel, defense is asking how much he was paid. He said his hourly rate. Total? "More hours than I billed them for." Laughter.

Prosecution.

I missed this, sorry, response is about how incised injuries and victim movement could cause spatter too.

No jury questions.

Break!

LS thought she could get away from this with no body. Just doesn’t work. Bodies have a way of being found.

I do believe she and Lori Vallow are crazy to the point that when they are locked up, they should not be allowed to be with other, more vulnerable prisoners.

Wishing Suzanne Morphews body could now be found. I’m getting sick of these cases. I’m drawn to follow them through to justice but this is getting to me.
LS thought she could get away from this with no body. Just doesn’t work. Bodies have a way of being found.

I do believe she and Lori Vallow are crazy to the point that when they are locked up, they should not be allowed to be with other, more vulnerable prisoners.

Wishing Suzanne Morphews body could now be found. I’m getting sick of these cases. I’m drawn to follow them through to justice but this is getting to me.
What's really disgusting is when they receive 'fan mail' I've never, ever understood that...

https://twitter.com/ZachNDupont

Griffin testified that there were 54 blood stains found on the walls of Gannon's bedroom, many of which came from below the height of the bed which implied Gannon was on the floor for at least part of the attack.

Griffin additionally testified that it appeared the blood had been "diluted" which potentially suggests an attempted clean-up of the crime scene. Berriesford in her testimony earlier today made similar remarks.

Recess Break. Jury left the courtroom. She's a shape shifter. Can look different in each pic, not always unattractive either. This is more like her "apple witch" look.

1681851705747.png

From before, either the Apple Witch or
Cousin It mode. 1681852214034.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics